It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am not a chosen prophet. I am not a benevolent one.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Excellent post my friend. Just excellent. Original, simple and easy to read.

edit on 17-10-2011 by greenCo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Nicely put.
Thanks for the reminder.
PLPL

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by greenCo

Thanks for all the feedback folks.

Toad ~ You're very welcome. I'm not convinced about the specifics of anamnesis either, at least according to Plato. Sometimes I wonder if it's not some form of genetic memory that we tap into. There's a guy by the name of Jeremy Narby who explored the mechanisms by which knowledge is gleaned. He did research in S. America where he visited several tribes along the Amazon and interviewed shamans. His focus was on the methods that the shamans used to make Curare, the poison they put on the tips of darts, mainly used to hunt monkeys. Jeremy wanted to know how they developed the recipe for Curare. The shamans told him that they get the knowledge when they are in halucinagenic trances. Jeremy speculates that the shamans are actually learning the knowledge from their own DNA. it sounds kind of far fetched but he describes the physical mechanism that might make it plausable... if not possible.

Maybe I'll start a thread on that soon.

Thanks again all...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Inspiring!

I've actually been saying and doing this a lot lately. I now have a 10% rule, that is, I only allow myself to worry 10% of the day. I've also promised myself to write more songs, share more love and take more pictures.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
reply to post by greenCo

Thanks for all the feedback folks.

Toad ~ You're very welcome. I'm not convinced about the specifics of anamnesis either, at least according to Plato. Sometimes I wonder if it's not some form of genetic memory that we tap into. There's a guy by the name of Jeremy Narby who explored the mechanisms by which knowledge is gleaned. He did research in S. America where he visited several tribes along the Amazon and interviewed shamans. His focus was on the methods that the shamans used to make Curare, the poison they put on the tips of darts, mainly used to hunt monkeys. Jeremy wanted to know how they developed the recipe for Curare. The shamans told him that they get the knowledge when they are in halucinagenic trances. Jeremy speculates that the shamans are actually learning the knowledge from their own DNA. it sounds kind of far fetched but he describes the physical mechanism that might make it plausable... if not possible.

Maybe I'll start a thread on that soon.

Thanks again all...

Are you aware of an artist named Salvador Dali?

Are you aware he also "experimented" with halucinagenic drugs?

Are you aware that while "trip'n" he was shown things, which he then painted?

Ever notice the "theme" of his paintings? A Warped Space-Time Reality?

Remember the mirror scene in the Matrix? The mirror was cracked, but then "healed" itself. Did you notice Neo's INVERTED image in the mirror, that when the mirror encompassed him, Neo became his INVERTED self?

Ever look at "as ablove, so below" as INVERTED?

What happens when you print out WE on a piece of paper and fold it along the bottom of the letters, then place that fold on a mirror and read it from the mirrored image?

WE inverted equals ME

We are all about the ME here but in Soulform, We are all about WE:

Law of WE

"WE are All for One and One for All, for WE are One and All."

WE-ism

"WE are All for One and One for All, for WE are One Love for One and All."

W = 23
E = 5

23 + 5 = 28 = 2 + 8 = 10 = 1 + 0 = ONE

1 = God's Number

M = 13
E = 5

13 + 5 = 18 = 1 + 8 = 9

Ever see the movie The Nines?

www.youtube.com...

Ribbit

edit on 18-10-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Your life could end at any moment; today, tomorrow, or maybe the day after. Are you wasting your time?

We must not be afraid of "dying" because its not the definitive end we mistakenly think it is. You are mistaken when you say that "life" can end at any moment. No, what ends is the particular experience you are witnessing right at this moment. Life and Death are opposite and as such, Life cannot die. The real us experience no death and we really live eternally.

Nobody is wasting their times. We are just experiencing what we are suppose to experience, its perfect as nothing happens just because. We think we have control over everything including our lives? nope, we are just experiencing something that has been per-written and that has been repeated innumerable times.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelmass

Your life could end at any moment; today, tomorrow, or maybe the day after. Are you wasting your time?

We must not be afraid of "dying" because its not the definitive end we mistakenly think it is. You are mistaken when you say that "life" can end at any moment. No, what ends is the particular experience you are witnessing right at this moment. Life and Death are opposite and as such, Life cannot die. The real us experience no death and we really live eternally.

Nobody is wasting their times. We are just experiencing what we are suppose to experience, its perfect as nothing happens just because. We think we have control over everything including our lives? nope, we are just experiencing something that has been pre-written and that has been repeated innumerable times.

Pee on, cept'n the Life & Death are opposites comment.

Life is REAL!

Death is an ILLUSION!

Saying Life & Death are opposites is like saying Love & Hate are opposites.

Love is Natural and REAL!

Hate is unnatural, thus UNREAL and an ILLUSION!

Logic is the Source of Life & Love and Logic dictates Death & Hate are illogical.

Ribbit

Ps: Don't you just Love the Perfection in Imperfection Paradox that explains this Imperfect Utopia?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelmass

Nobody is wasting their times. We are just experiencing what we are suppose to experience, its perfect as nothing happens just because. We think we have control over everything including our lives? nope, we are just experiencing something that has been per-written and that has been repeated innumerable times.

Thanks for the response. However, I don't think the statement; "your life can end at any moment" is a fallacy. The statement assumes that the definition of "life" is existence in the physical realm. Which as we all know is transitory. I do agree that once this life is over, our essence "lives" on.

I also agree that we are served by all of our experiences but I believe that we have free will and the ability to direct our individual experiences to some degree. Yes, I believe in pre-destiny and at the same time I believe that each individual has the free will to manifest their own reality. At first glance, that notion seems to be a paradox but if we factor in the concept that all possible events and all possible outcomes exist simultaneously in parallel dimensions the paradox no longer remains.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

reply to post by greenCo

Remember the mirror scene in the Matrix? The mirror was cracked, but then "healed" itself. Did you notice Neo's INVERTED image in the mirror, that when the mirror encompassed him, Neo became his INVERTED self?

What happens when you print out WE on a piece of paper and fold it along the bottom of the letters, then place that fold on a mirror and read it from the mirrored image?

WE inverted equals ME

Law of WE

WE-ism

W = 23
E = 5

1 = God's Number

M = 13
E = 5

13 + 5 = 18 = 1 + 8 = 9

www.youtube.com...

Ribbit

Thanks bud... you've given me lots of stuff to look into. I don't know much about numerology but I understand that we are all tied to and influenced by the ebb and flow of the universe and it's heavenly bodies. I'll definitely check out the movie... thanks for the link.

Salvador Dali is a great example of someone who has the ability to see beyond the veil of the physical existence. Alex Grey is another. His work is amazing. if you have some time, check out the Sacred Mirrors on his site.

Main page
Alex Grey

Chapel of Sacred Mirrors: CoSM

The chapel illustrates the various planes of existence we inhabit simultaneously.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

reply to post by greenCo

WE inverted equals ME

Law of WE

WE-ism

W = 23
E = 5

1 = God's Number

M = 13
E = 5

13 + 5 = 18 = 1 + 8 = 9

www.youtube.com...

Ribbit

Thanks bud... you've given me lots of stuff to look into. I don't know much about numerology but I understand that we are all tied to and influenced by the ebb and flow of the universe and it's heavenly bodies. I'll definitely check out the movie... thanks for the link.

Salvador Dali is a great example of someone who has the ability to see beyond the veil of the physical existence. Alex Grey is another. His work is amazing. if you have some time, check out the Sacred Mirrors on his site.

Main page
Alex Grey

Chapel of Sacred Mirrors: CoSM

The chapel illustrates the various planes of existence we inhabit simultaneously.

Very interesting site. The problem I have with the mirror is he has separated matter and energy as two different elements, when energy is matter. The other problem I have is he only shows space as one element, when it is two dimensions and Time as only one, when it has three elements, but barring the dimensions of Space & elements of Time problem, there are only three elements to the Universe: Time - Space - Matter, so his 4-D structure fails.
Also, it's that Trinity of the Universe that comprises God/Source.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

You're right that all 4 "elements;" time, space, matter and energy are merely different constructs of the same thing; information.

But I think the first frame only serves to represent the physical realm which consists of matter, energy, time and space as we experience them, seemingly separate "elements." (elements in quotes so as not to be confused with periodic table elements)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

You're right that all 4 "elements;" time, space, matter and energy are merely different constructs of the same thing; information.

But I think the first frame only serves to represent the physical realm which consists of matter, energy, time and space as we experience them, seemingly separate "elements." (elements in quotes so as not to be confused with periodic table elements)

If the mirror was triangular, with Time at the bottom (since the Present is where everything happens) and Space & Matter on the other two sides, then it would reflect the truth about Reality, or they could use the same mirror, just drop the Energy and move the other "elements" to their correct locations.

Anytime someone confuddles the truth that much, it signifies they don't know the truth sufficently to be explaining it to anyone else, thus, they will only confuse the masses even more than they already are.
But the Art of Confusion is the foundation to this Matrix, the Con of it, so they are just a product of the Matrix, a product of this Con.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
delete post

edit on 30-10-2011 by ThePunisher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

If the mirror was triangular, with Time at the bottom (since the Present is where everything happens) and Space & Matter on the other two sides, then it would reflect the truth about Reality, or they could use the same mirror, just drop the Energy and move the other "elements" to their correct locations.

Anytime someone confuddles the truth that much, it signifies they don't know the truth sufficently to be explaining it to anyone else, thus, they will only confuse the masses even more than they already are.
But the Art of Confusion is the foundation to this Matrix, the Con of it, so they are just a product of the Matrix, a product of this Con.

Ribbit

Actually... Time and space are part of the same construct. When an object moves through space it effects time. That's relativity. Past, present and future all exist in the construct of space/time.

The "truth about reality" is not as apparent as you might think....

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Ribbit

Actually... Time and space are part of the same construct. When an object moves through space it effects time. That's relativity. Past, present and future all exist in the construct of space/time.

The "truth about reality" is not as apparent as you might think....

Acually . . . you are bassackwards!

When an object moves through Space, it is moving through Time as well and that object doesn't affect Space nor Time. You peeps see sumthing moving through the space of our planet and leaving a wake behind it but that's because that object moved through matter. Space is kNot matter, in that sense, it moves through you as you move through it, that's what's wrong with the Expanding Universe Theory since it says as the Space of the Universe expands, the Space in your house expands, thus, the rooms expand. However, the truth is the Space moves through the walls of that room, so the rooms within will kNot expand.

The only thing that exists in the construct of Space/Time is the Now, Past has happened and the Future will happen, but only the Now happens, for everything happens in the Now.

As to the truth about reality, it is right under your nose.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Einstien was the first to realize the interconnected properties of time and space, his theory was that time moves slower for an object in motion relative to an object not in motion. His theory has been proven using atomic clocks and jet airplanes; one clock remains stationary while another clock is flown around the globe. When the clock times are compared at the end of the flight, there is a measurable difference between the two, with the airborn clock running slow compared to the stationary clock. Time literally passes more slowly for an object in motion than it does for a stationary object. The effect is multiplied exponentially with the velocity of the object; the faster an object travels, the more time slows down. The direction an object travels relative to a stationary object also has an effect on time as well.

Past, present and future; it's all relative. One of the really strange properties of time and space is the way speed, distance and relative direction change the reality of "now". When two objects are at rest, no matter what the distance between them is, they both experience the same "slice" of "now" but if one object travels away from another other while the other remains stationary, the object in motion experiences the other objects past as "now". The inverse is also true. If one object travels towards another that is stationary, the object in motion experiences the other object's future as "now". This effect is multiplied exponentially by distance and velocity.

The past, present and future all exist in the same construct. It's a proven fact, not conjecture. Look it up....

I'm working on a more detailed explanation and will start a new thread when I'm done.
edit on 15-11-2011 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DrunkNinja

Give the guy a break man.... he was trying to post something nice.

We get that you are a ******* Hero....but sheesh... the OP was just trying to spread a little happiness and share a timely reminder that not everything is as bad as it seems and we need to remember to enjoy nature and have a little time for our selves, where we don't worry and don't stress out.

Yes... In an ideal world everyone would give 10% of their wages to charity and spend every spare minute of their day doing voluntary work and charity work.

Do you go around in every thread telling everyone how amazing and selfless you are?

Seriously?

You honestly saw what the OP wrote as something worth attacking?

You had contempt for it... really?

Of all the S*** posted on ATS, this was what you jumped on?

You sound bitter to me....

Perhaps you should do as the OP suggests.....

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
seldom do i get shaken out my Zen mind...

but one thing i feel is lacking in your OP...is each individual should seek to attain a status of
Renaissance Man or Renaissance Person in PC lingo...

See: www.wisegeek.com...

thanks,

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
seldom do i get shaken out my Zen mind...

but one thing i feel is lacking in your OP...is each individual should seek to attain a status of
Renaissance Man or Renaissance Person in PC lingo...

See: www.wisegeek.com...

thanks,

There's lots lacking... but you're right to point out that it's important to be a well rounded individual. Just in the last ten years or so I've branched out into diverse forms of expression; art, music, writing, etc..

The main thrust of the OP was to encourage folks to "live in the moment", so to speak. And to try not to dwell on predictions of future calamity. We're all bound to experience hardship and suffering but we are served by all of our experiences in some form or fashion... it's how we react to those experiences that makes all the difference. I'm sure that you already know that the only thing we truly have any controll over is how we react....

Thanks for the feedback...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Thanks for the endorsment of the OP. I think the person you repsonded to may have been having a bad day at the time they wrote the responses. I'm thankful that he actually read the post and may have been influenced in a positive way, even if it wasn't apparent at that time. You know how it is when you are in a discussion and each person is trying to convince the other to see their respective points of view; neither will admit to any sort of change in opinion but later, when the dust settles adjustments are made and we inevitably wind up with a different perspective....
edit on 15-11-2011 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join