It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid dream with full body vibrations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I know there are many posts on the subject, but I wanted to put my exact experiences here for help and suggestions.

This morning I 'awoke' in a dream paralysis state and knew that I was still asleep. I decided that since I knew what was going on I would direct my dream the way I wanted. I knew that I had approximately 15 minutes before my alarm clock went off so why not enjoy the dream right? Well that is when things got weird. I could see my room but it was as though my eyes were not working the same way as when fully awake. The colors and textures of my room/quilt looked different. Suddenly it felt as though someone grabbed both of my shoulders and forced me onto my back and held me in place. (I was lying on my side) I could not see what had a grip on me but my entire body started to vibrate violently. It felt as though an electric current was pulsating through my body. I also started to hear a loud high pitched squeel. At this point I got really scared as I have never had a feeling of being held down, nor the entire body vibration feeling. I was able to eventually calm myself down in this dream and just as I was about to push/force my way out of this invisible grip, my alarm went off and I awoke.

In my past (as a teen) I did have a OBE where I dreamt that I was floating up to my ceiling and was able to flip over to see my body sleeping in bed. I don't recall what happened after seeing myself lying in bed as it freaked me out as a teen.

Recently, as an adult, I have had many lucid dreams where I was able to direct the dream as I wanted, and have had many experiences of sleep paralysis as well. Experiencing vibrations has also occurred, but not to the extent as this morning. (normally it is limited to one location in my body, and never accompanied by the high pitch sound) I have even had a lucid dream of traveling back in time and seeing myself and family as a small child.

I watch sci-fi and horror shows regularly so this may have been my mind's way of acting out the shows that I watch.

Any suggestions on what this being held down sensation was along with the vibrations? Was this my way of potentially astral projecting? Thanks!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Interesting to here of your experience. What you say about the vibrations... i find myself having a sort of vibration spasm/fit sort of thing when i get paralysis after a lucid dream.

So lucid dream > paralysis > fit/spasm > usually someone (My partner wakes me up) or sometimes i eventually calm myself down but am still quite paralised once i stop spasming and take 5 minutes to move again.

Ive never thought about it in an astral projection/OBE sort of way i usually just think my body is messing up because i am dreaming to hard lol

I wonder though like you say if i didnt calm myself down and let the vibrations/spasms get stronger would i project or have an OBE? Interesting... i wouldnt want to die though so probably wouldnt try it lol

EDIT:

Also i read somewhere that when you get into a paralysis state that you can tend to feel a "Presence" that holds you down or puts weight on your chest, which is actually just in your mind in your half concious half unconcoius state. "Apparently"

edit on 17-10-2011 by Vaxar because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2011 by Vaxar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaxar

Very interesting! I never thought of the 'invisible being' as my mind. It would make sense as if my mind was trying to hold my spirit/being/whatever you call it in my body.

The one comfort I feel is knowing that I am not the only one experiencing this sort of thing.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I think you might want to read Journeys Out of The Body by Robert Monroe...it's from the 1970's....In my experience the vibrational paralysis is associated with the moment your spirit body is entering or more often, leaving the physical body. I've experienced it a few times and I was frightened.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM

Thanks I will definitely check out the book!

If I am at least informed with some information on what may be happening, the experience won't be as frightening.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
WOW.

I had this happening to me about 10 years ago but honestly thought it was down to the amount of drugs i was consuming :/
Very strange to be reading people with the same experiences.Man it is scary huh.
Do any of you get a feeling (whilst awake) of your body kinda switching off for a second,as if a standby button has been pushed.This has dropped me to my knees many times,also scary.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It sounds like a semi-normal sleep paralysis experience. But how could SP or OBE's or AP's be considered normal right?

I've experienced a wide variety of happenings in SP from the high screeching to vibrations to seeing the colors of the vibrations(they were gray actually) to the feeling held down and feeling a presence in the room and even seeing something come to me while feeling like they were forcing me down etc.

I believe it's all normal because it's all subjective and really for those of us who can do this at will are lucky. The thing I always tell myself is to never be fearful and I always have a positive experience.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Littypoos

I have never done drugs, other than occassional alcoholic drinks, so I don't think it is connected - at least for me. I didn't have any alcohol last night (or weeked) so I can't blame that either.

As for the 'standby' button, I do experience that once in awhile. I always call it 'zoning out'.

edit on 10/17/1111 by ScubaGirl because: wrong word

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracytheoristIAM
I think you might want to read Journeys Out of The Body by Robert Monroe...it's from the 1970's....In my experience the vibrational paralysis is associated with the moment your spirit body is entering or more often, leaving the physical body. I've experienced it a few times and I was frightened.

Sounds awesome if its true, something i would need more practise at though it took me long enough to lucid dream properly never mind AP

As scubagirl said though its nice to see others know about this and is probably more common that we all think.

I dont know to much about Astral Projection but it all sounds a bit much for me to take in or even more i dont know if i fully believe in it think i am skeptical on the matter i wouldnt mind trying it out though as i like to keep an open mind on things

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Similar events have been happening with me for some time, and yes some result in obe's while others seem to be directed by another presence. My advice is to relax and discover what you can from it. In some of my events, I feel it is a tuning up of sorts. Once while fully aware and trying to stay in the relaxed state but failing, I felt a hand placed on my chest, above the heart. I could not see anyone there, but did not fight it, nor did I have paralysis. The vibrations then continued and it felt as though it was something that was needed for my ascension of the moment.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Very interesting OP. Sleep Paralysis can be quite worrying and my own experiences tell me you may have a.... for want of a better word Guardian Angel or Guide the "invisible force holding you down"
My own experiences weren't so invisible and I was shown why sleep paralysis shouldn't be treated as an adventure.....
It was during a spate of numerous Sleep Paralysis Experiences which also included ...not so much a abduction but a bedroom visit from ET's but I digress. One morning in the mid 90's around 4am I recall being awoke but my body was still well and truly asleep, I couldn't move. I heard a childs voice, it was a curly haired little girl dressed in victorian clothing. She took me away from my sleeping body and into my living room, 3 shadowmen emerged from the floor, very dark and menacing.... I was suddenly thrust back into my body, a force rushing through me like Niagra Falls.... It was a definite buzz. The perils of being somewhere you should'nt during sleep paralysis.
OBE's aren't the same at all and theres no shadowmen waiting to jump your bones....

Did you also know Sleep Paralysis is a side effect from visitations from our galactic neighbours, usually working on you where you lay. I awoke once during one of these occasions.... Sat upright, couldn't move but could open my eyes... The little ET was at the foot of my bed until he saw my eyes open and realised I could see him...
quite funny actually.... next thing he's next to me and I'm out like a light until morning and... you guessed it a dose of sleep paralysis.

BE VERY CAREFUL.

p.s Trying to cough kick starts the body instantly.

new topics

top topics

join