It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial Therapy for Pre-Teen Transgender Patient Raises Questions

page: 28
<< 25  26  27   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Im sure these men you know had a grandfather who played a roll in there upbringing!

I never said single mothers cant raise children! some of the best people in the world were raised by a single parent!

then again majority of children from single parents end up with a criminal record by the time they are 25!

why dont the parents tell the child to wait until he is 18 or 21 for that matter!

maybe he is gay himself and has not realized it yet!

giving a child hormone blockers is child abuse!

to make such a drastic change to your body while it is still growing and forming,
it's just wrong!

maybe I should'nt of said that about gays not allowed to have children!
but they should act as responsible adults and inform the child he is too young!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jayo121
reply to post by Annee

Im sure these men you know had a grandfather who played a roll in there upbringing!

Uh No.

How many children have you raised?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

then again majority of children from single parents end up with a criminal record by the time they are 25!

This is misleading. The economic factor is missing. Also the culture.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

why dont the parents tell the child to wait until he is 18 or 21 for that matter!

maybe he is gay himself and has not realized it yet!

If you had actually read the thread - - you would know the answers to these questions.

First off - - transgender is not homosexual. In this case it would be a straight female born in a male body.

The hormone blockers need to be administered before the start of puberty to BLOCK the changes in the body that makes the body have male characteristics.

The point is to give the child more years to mature - - - to be sure about their transgender status and decisions about their life and future life.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I could believe the fact the boy had a female spirit in a previous life which may make him feel like this!

transgender only became an issue when surgery became reality!

an 11 year old doesnt know if he is gay in denial or has a feminine temprament!

economic matters have a profound effect on most single parent families!

in urban areas single parent on average spend less time with their child than they do on a bus to work!

a sad reality, but true!

why allow the child take hormone blockers!
I can see no benefits from allowing a child to miss out on puberty over an emotional psychological issue!

no doctor in their right mind would give a child hormone blockers so the parents must be obtaining them over the internet!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

an 11 year old doesnt know if he is gay in denial or has a feminine temprament!

Maybe you should go back and read several of the posts in this thread from Transgenders.

Or read what Transgenders have to say about when they knew.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I wish we'd hear what happens to these children - families - etc. after some time. -Mags

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
If a Kid gets toy trucks and tin soldiers, blues jeans and Batman pullovers, but always wishes for puppests and dresses, which is a phenomenon that occurs very early, what would you do?

This also happens to kids with "strong male rolemodes", as if that would channge anything.

You can't decide if you feel like a man or a woman or like men or women. I know a gay couple and they would laugh or cry if they read the comments about this article, which happens to be published as "news" on Fox.

The most fun thing is that people claim, that this isn't natural. It's just not average.

If you're not average, it seems, it's pretty hard to be accepted by your fellow average neighbor.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
"Locate" where this mess is coming from if you can,that's what I have to say. It is really a bunch of chained actions and reactions. Situations such as that in your OP don't just magically appear,they're the results of other things,decisions,behaviours.

Excuse me but I wont answer your question in the OP,I like being captain obvious but not that much. Even discussing if it's the parents will or not is actually giving the room for people to question it and make the case for the opposite. We've seen that before plenty of times and I hope we'll never see it again.
Actually I'll answer your question in this way: Who's guiding whom? (it's really an answer so you don't have to answer it)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
How most of you are trying to ignore the obvious link between being raised by 2 gay birds and then turning out to want to be a woman is mind-blowing...... Adults condition kids, if this fact is even going to be argued then I pity this planets future.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
While I am aware of the age of the OP, I still think my thoughts are relevant on this topic.

The thing that angered me the most about some of the replies is accusing the parents of child abuse. If researching a fully recognised medical condition, and coming up with the course of action they believe is best for their child is abuse, then we are truly lost as a species.

The parents did the absolute right thing IMO. It is a horrible affliction, and by postponing puberty, the child can be in a much better position when they decide whether to transition or not. My friend would not be in the hell she is in if only she had parents who tried to do the right thing by her when she was a child. Instead, she was forced to bury her secret, forced to live a lie due to the ignorance of everyone, family, friends, peers, and the like. Now THAT is abuse.

So please get your bigoted heads out of your backsides and at least attempt to empathise, if not fully research what you are clearly ignorant of.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
this thread reminds me of my new favorite person
en.wikipedia.org...

He claims he knew he was really a boy inside at a very young age and if you google pictures of him before & after hes smiling away in all the after photos. You tell me which one is happier and why anyone should be able to dictate how someone else raises their children or runs their lives

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Everyone has opinions...
To say it is the Childs choice, I have to ask what plant or Meds are you on???

Under the age 25 the human brain is not yet fully developed...Period.

So the choices you make are not rational one to say the least.
But at 10 years old...Please.
This is what the parents want, NOT the child.

I say:
Remove the warning labels off of all items and this problem will sort itself out ….. in short time.

top topics

<< 25  26  27   >>

join