It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial Therapy for Pre-Teen Transgender Patient Raises Questions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Rule number one to life. Mind your own business. You aren't the 11 year old. And you aren't the parents.

Your life style is not their life style.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

I believe the child has the influences of his same sex parents on this one, I have not problem with homosexuality and their rights to exercises their choices and have family.

But this is too obvious that this littler kid is been influenced by what he sees around him.

He is too young to make a decision about gender, he should be left alone to develop naturally and then let him make his choice.

I feel this is wrong, to pump hormones to stop sexual and physical development.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by demetriandlucy

Rule number one to life. Mind your own business. You aren't the 11 year old. And you aren't the parents. Your life style is not their life style.

Ah yes but we are on a discussion site. I for one am glad to hear others opinions on the matter, even if we disagree.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Just out of curiosity do you not think that if they were "indoctrinating" this child that somebody would have taken notice? Perhaps called social services and had them make a quick stop in to make sure everything was ok?

I know that wasn't directed at me but I have to say not in this day and age.

That's unfortunate.

There would have been concerns elsewhere, school, extra curricular activities. Adults notice messed up kids, it's not hard to point them out.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
My son dated a girl that came from a home of two same sex parents, she have two mothers, the girl was doing fine and just like any other girl her age, so as you can see is not problem with children in same sex households as long as they are allow to develop naturally, the girl now is happily marry (no to my son) and have two children.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Annee

I'd agree with you Anne, but not with transgenders. Being gay is one thing, but knowing your a different gender trapped in another, is entirely different.

Really
Really!
I have taken care of transgender patients. Have you?
The fungal and bacterial infections (follow them for the rest of their lives) of their post surgical area's are remarkable!
Naturally, women produce lactic acid that helps kill off these organisms. Men Do NOT.
This is taught in all Schools of Medicine. To disregard this is to be negligent!
I quote from The American Family Physician," Stimulated by maternal estrogen, the vaginal epithelium is rugated and rich in glycogen in the newborn. During childhood, the epithelium remains thin until puberty, when it again thickens as a result of estrogen stimulation. Estrogen stimulation produces copious amounts of glycogen. Döderlein's lactobacilli depend on glycogen from sloughed vaginal cells.3 Lactic acid produced by these bacteria lowers vaginal pH levels to 3.5 to 4.5; this is essential for the body's natural defense against vaginal and urinary tract infections."
www.aafp.org...

You butcher's disgust me!

edit on 17-10-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

There would have been concerns elsewhere, school, extra curricular activities. Adults notice messed up kids, it's not hard to point them out.

I'm not saying they don't recognize messed up kids, I'm saying I can imagine them just waving it off or outright avoiding the issue. If I were a teacher/babysitter or what have you, I'd be worried about saying anything and then being accused of disliking lesbian couples with children. I'm all for gay people adopting kids, and I personally would call CPS but a lot of people would not.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If 11 year olds were old enough to make life changing decisions this age group would be considered adults and would have no need for parenting. This is all political correct madness. This is how one knows society is taking her last breath, when children are treated like turtles. The mother lays her eggs then goes about her business, the hatchlings instinctively know how to survive. Last time I checked "human" babies needed parenting which many are not receiving because their parents are letting them be the adults they are clearly not.
Here's another posting of the article with both of this couple's sons. Both of their sons are effeminate, how can that be if there are no external factors leading up to it?
Against Sex Change for Children
edit on 17-10-2011 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I don't know what that has to do with anything we've been talking about. I'm not a doctor, I've plenty of Transgendered friends, some I knew before and after their transitions. They have no medical problems that I am aware of.

Either way, I'm not arguing that there isn't some weird side effects to switching your gender, I'm sure there are plenty.

Again..I'm more confused and have no idea how to respond to your personal attack..

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Damn, you're not the only one that's confused. Perhaps he quoted the wrong thing there.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Just out of curiosity do you not think that if they were "indoctrinating" this child that somebody would have taken notice? Perhaps called social services and had them make a quick stop in to make sure everything was ok?

I know that wasn't directed at me but I have to say not in this day and age.

That's unfortunate.

You know what adults can sometimes notice messed up kids. Those who do are often hampered in saying anything for a couple of reasons. One they could misinterpret a situation judging it by their definitions of "messed up" and it not being the same definition held by others in society. Two they could misread a situation and it not be as they think it may be. As far messed up kids being easy to point out, not really because there are no hard and fast rules of what's normal and abnormal anymore, heck this society is at anything goes point.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Unnecessarily pumping a child full of chemicals to block hormone production is just wrong! And now that the media have hold of the story the poor kid will have no chance of a normal childhood.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
From a personal opinion, I feel it is incorrect to do this to a child... Puberty is a pretty complicated process that just seems a bit too tricky to be screwing with like this. That being said, that opinion only applies towards the actions that I take towards those under my care

To the salivating anti-gay marriage poster on page one, sadly, you do not do justice to your side of the discussion. This single incident, which is neither novel nor unique to gay families, does not represent any threat to "western civilization" and certainly doesn't affect people outside of the family.

link   

I don't know what that has to do with anything we've been talking about.

Then please allow me to reorient you back to the the discussion regarding "Controversial Therapy..."

I'm not a doctor, I've plenty of Transgendered friends, some I knew before and after their transitions. They have no medical problems that I am aware of.

Exactly! Like their going to tell you that they're going to a doctor's appointment, or to the pharmacy to pick-up their sack of medications.

Either way, I'm not arguing that there isn't some weird side effects to switching your gender, I'm sure there are plenty.

Again, so your OK with an 11 year old having some weird side effects, in which, as you say, are plenty.

Again..I'm more confused and have no idea how to respond to your personal attack..

I see, so because I point out the horrors of this Frankensteinian butchery, you become confused and play the " Ad Hominem card.

link   

Originally posted by MissConstrood
Unnecessarily pumping a child full of chemicals to block hormone production is just wrong! And now that the media have hold of the story the poor kid will have no chance of a normal childhood.

Who says what is normal? The kid has two moms.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

You do realize that the kid is not getting transgender surgery or even gettign prepped for it, right? They are just delaying puberty...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I am afraid that if the two mothers have made their minds into allowing their child to become a girl they pretty much can get the hormones themselves and administer to the child.

Hormones at this young age, will not only stop the sexual development but can atrophy his reproductive organs inside and out.

Sad.

But obviously by the link the choice has been made.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Exactly! Like their going to tell you that they're going to a doctor's appointment, or to the pharmacy to pick-up their sack of medications.

So you think they stole all this stuff is what your saying?

Again, so your OK with an 11 year old having some weird side effects, in which, as you say, are plenty.

For the second time, you've cherry picked my quotes and ignored previous statements. It's the kid's choice, one he's of age to make that decision, whether that's 19 or 40, I don't know and it's none of by business. It's none of yours to judge these people either.

I see, so because I point out the horrors of this Frankensteinian butchery, you become confused and play the " Ad Hominem card.

Nope, because you decided to call me as well as other members "butchers", when I'm clearly retired and most certainly, not a butcher, it seems kind of AdHominem. Had you just said this was "butchery" I never even would have responded.

Choice of words is everything.

~Keeper
edit on 10/17/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Most of what I wanted to say has been covered so I will not be reposting a lot, but I would just like to add:

I know two post-op transgender friends (one male to female and the other female to male) and they had always known (I saw always because that was the word that always came from them) that they were conflicted with their genders. I'm only adding this because no one can say that the 11 year old has no clue what he wants. He may not know 100% what he is doing, but that doesn't mean he doesn't know what he wants out of life.

I think, to recap, it's sensationalism because the couple is a lesbian.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by demetriandlucy

Originally posted by MissConstrood

Who says what is normal? The kid has two moms.

So what if the child has two moms? That's nothing unusual.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join