It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul to propose $1T in specific budget cuts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
www.politico.com...

Patiently awaiting the details

Ron Paul is releasing his budget plan later this afternoon that he says will balance the budget in 3 years. The plan includes cutting 5 cabinet level departments. While continuing to honor social security, allow younger people to opt out. He will also cut foreign aid immediatly and only take the median workers salary (39,000)

RON PAUL 2012

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
A US president taking a salary of 39k?

It's like he's not in it for the money or something. BLASPHEMY!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Legend.

Once he's in power, we'll take our world back. It all start's with Ron!
edit on 17-10-2011 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
If any one can do it he can, and it won't the kind of cuts that leave you wondering wth he was thinking it will be cuts to things that actually need to be cut.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Yeah because the President can just do whatever he likes. It isn't like there is a Congress that has to one agree with and two actually keep to that budget. Ron Paul followers = simpletons that have no clue how government actually works. Ron Paul as President = lame duck President that will be unable to get anything he wants to accomplish done. The man is important to the process because he does have a different way of thinking, beyond that he has done nothing but waste money on a quixotic quest to be President. All the while slacking off on the job he already has.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

No, when Ron Paul becomes president he will not be able to just fix everything. However, I know he will fight every single day for four years to get what he can done. One thing for certain that he will do, is bring our troops home and end the foreign aid.

Also ignoring his job? He has put some odd 30 years of honest politics into congress. He's paid he dues, time to see him to the white house.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by n00bUK

Yeah because the President can just do whatever he likes. It isn't like there is a Congress that has to one agree with and two actually keep to that budget. Ron Paul followers = simpletons that have no clue how government actually works. Ron Paul as President = lame duck President that will be unable to get anything he wants to accomplish done. The man is important to the process because he does have a different way of thinking, beyond that he has done nothing but waste money on a quixotic quest to be President. All the while slacking off on the job he already has.

I know how the system works, thanks.

I like people who say the truth, and i havent heard one president do that, ever in my life time since i been more aware of my surroundings.

Sick of the same, WE CAN, CHANGE . .

I like the sound of, MAKE THEM change

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by digginforthetruth

foreign aid would be zeroed out immediately.

For this alone I have to say, I know my choice is right!!! I love you, Ron Paul!!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mcupobob

Doesn't change the fact he is slacking off on the job he was elected to and paid to do. Paid his dues? It is simple wanna run for the big chair, then give up the little chair until then your just another hypocrite.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

And how do you know he's slacking off on his job? He's still voting in the house, still listing to his constituents. He's still making speeches on the house floor. Still hounding the Fed, still presenting ideas. Do you know how congress works? Its not like he has to be there 24/7.

The reason he's running for the big chair is because people want him in the big chair.

Now, what about Obama? He's campaigning for another four years? Are angry at that? Is he slacking off at his job?
edit on 10/17/2011 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Pretty much. The fact is if your campaigning you are not putting your full attention on the job period. Just like if you are out wining and dining potential donors for campaign cash you are not doing your job. Like it or not he is slacking off on his job unless he is doing either of those things every third week, which this congress decided it needed to have off because working on abortion legislation is such hard work. And the slacking off on the job is not something only he is doing it applies to all of them regardless of party affiliation. Rather the stench of hypocrisy on the matter hangs on him more than the others. Just like his stance on term limits he is for them yet somehow couldn't find the will to impose them on himself, which makes his little i will only take $36k a year as pay for being the President little more than a bad joke. He is no different a career politician whispering the sweet nothings you like to hear in your ear, all while doing exactly what is in his own interests.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx

Pretty much. The fact is if your campaigning you are not putting your full attention on the job period. Just like if you are out wining and dining potential donors for campaign cash you are not doing your job. Like it or not he is slacking off on his job unless he is doing either of those things every third week, which this congress decided it needed to have off because working on abortion legislation is such hard work. And the slacking off on the job is not something only he is doing it applies to all of them regardless of party affiliation. Rather the stench of hypocrisy on the matter hangs on him more than the others. Just like his stance on term limits he is for them yet somehow couldn't find the will to impose them on himself, which makes his little i will only take $36k a year as pay for being the President little more than a bad joke. He is no different a career politician whispering the sweet nothings you like to hear in your ear, all while doing exactly what is in his own interests.

As an elected official, your JOB is to represent the will of the people who elected you.
We do not elect leaders. We elect representatives of the will of the people in their designated district.

That being the case, how does RP's record stack up?

I'd say he's the one of the ONLY ones doing their job.

Knowledge is power. Don't drink the Kool aid.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This is the nudge I needed. I'm for Ron Paul now.

I wasn't ready last time, with 6 years of war and no end in sight. After 10 years of war and no end in sight, I'm ready.

I wasn't ready last time, even though I agreed with him on all domestic policies I'd heard. I am ready now.

I wasn't ready last time, to hitch my wagon to the crazy people, but I am now.

If I don't agree with his foreign policy that's okay. The world won't come around or go away in the next four years, with or without us. If we have to gamble on the future, is there a better gamble than the constitution?

I wasn't ready last time. But I am now.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

He can afford to be a lunatic and stand on his make believe principles. Going in you already know your principled vote is not likely to effect the outcome the majority of the time. Just because he lives in a region with delusional nutcases that think he does a stellar job means nil. The majority of the country does not back him or his fringe ideology, if it did he would have been President already. Hell he can't even get a majority of his party to back him. If he can hang on long enough for Cain to finish imploding he may manage to squeak into second place. It isn't about his voting record or who he can sell it to. It is about his voting record and who he cannot sell it to. A principled fool is still a fool.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by digginforthetruth

Patiently awaiting the details

Some details are here:

PDF

The federal workforce would be reduced by 10 percent, and the president’s pay would be cut to $39,336 — a level that the Paul document notes is “approximately equal to the median personal income of the American worker.”

Not a good idea, IMHO. Politicians need to have high salaries to make them more resistant to corruption. The money is negligible when compared to total, anyway. A better idea is to make the pay some multiplication of median income.
edit on 17/10/11 by Maslo because: extext

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

You've only been here a week or so but the only posts you write are to take the knees out from under primary candidates. No solutions, the Constitution is extreme, history is filled with the people rising up...blah, blah, blah...

Is it so boring to occupy your street corner?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Well.. technically the President doesn't need a salary. POTUS gets in free pretty much everywhere, in the US that is. Not sure about outside the country.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
When he is elected....

The members of congress that do not agree with a valid system that will balance the budget will only agree for one reason they are corrupt...

those members of congress will be replaced with people who care about the country they represent

The laws will change the country will be saved

That is my hope and dream

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

...how is his running for President take away from what he's doing outside of running for President? (well, Republican Candidate at least), do you assume he's incapable of eating and sleeping as well? He still votes, he still attends house meetings, he still represents his chair in all manners required to maintain it, he has for the past 30 years. Who do you back that's any better than Ron Paul? Or are you one of those Viva La Anarchy fools, down with the government?

and rather than complain about his running for Republican Candidacy, tell us what he's neglecting, what is he not doing? You can't say (knowledgeably at least) that he's not voting or not representing his chair at meetings at holding his own when he's on the floor cause he's doing that. Now if we were talking about Romney it'd be different since his jobs different, he's neglecting it (more so than Paul at least).

It seems that your judging every candidate based on their choice to be just that, a candidate. Which in itself is irrational on your part and grants you a heavily jaded judgement which you need to re-examine asap. Ron Paul wants one thing and this one thing is what makes a majority of ATS love him, and that is that he wants to re-instate the principals that wrote the Constitution and to re-instate the meaning of the Constitution back into all three branches of the government. I can see all of his propositions going through during his term, because he has a consistent voting record. Go check out Obama's history. When you find it let me know cause its an impartial summary of lies and backstabbing just to get him to running for Democratic Candidate. And than he used the race card to get him the rest of the way.

Its safe to say that Ron Paul can and given the opportunity will be the greatest president since BEFORE Reagan, not just since Reagan either

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

It is not your place to decide what I choose to or choose not to post on. If you do not like what I have to say then don't read it, it is all probably too advanced for you to understand anyway. I am sorry I don't subscribe to your Ron Paul is Superman, Jesus or whatever else candidate theory. But such is the nature of the real world I don't have to.

By the way Ron Paul called he is asking you to return to your position warming his backside with those tender kisses.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join