It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl diagnosed with rare condition called Pica, Eats lightbulbs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Being in medical school, I would like to share this article with everyone on ATS. I just learned about this condition called Pica a few weeks ago where you just randomly eat whatever you wish. It is a pretty interesting article. I hope everyone checks it out!

gma.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

...this condition called Pica a few weeks ago where you just randomly eat whatever you wish.

I thought that was called the "American diet"?

McDonalds is probably less healthy than light bulbs too.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Haha, the girl is probably healthier compared to the obesity that is running rampant all throughout America lol.
edit on 17-10-2011 by Unvarnished because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
""She prefers the wood, paper products, cardboard, sticks," said Colleen. "She'll eat rocks, dirt; she's had a bite out of a Diet Coke can; she's eaten the little magnet out of the shower curtain, plastic bottles, toys."

Wow thats crazy diet !

i used too chew on those things when i was a kid, but to strengthen my teeth !

I never swallowed it lol

What is the brain thinking, or its probably so damaged by other enviromental factors that its rewired it self into accepting this

such a shame

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I don't want to be the guy that is gonna have to figure out where to take her for dinner on a date.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
pica is not rare at all,
white clay is the most common craving, it's due to imbalances in the body,
drywall, pillow stuffing, all sorts of things , dirt, are consumed due tot he cravings pica causes but people are unaware how to satiate,

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

...this condition called Pica a few weeks ago where you just randomly eat whatever you wish.

I thought that was called the "American diet"?

McDonalds is probably less healthy than light bulbs too.

On the contrary - The bigwigs just passed a bill about a year ago, stating that all incandescant light-bulbs will be taken out of commission. Replaced by an "eco friendly" MERCURY based brand.

So this girl better shop smart.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Honey,i am not that hungry tonight.I think I will just have 2 40 watt bulbs.But get yourself a few 100 watt bulbs.

top topics

join