Record Setting 100 year old Marathon runner.

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Record Setting 100 year old Marathon runner.

www.kansascity.com

Simply Amazing. Its on several news web sites.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 17-10-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Truely amazing and motivating for the young, complacent and the restless. While many of us sit at our keyboards and play unrealistic video games, surf away, blog, play arm chair general, one man decided to go for it at the age of 100 and actually set records for his age group.

Age is just a number. It is truely motivating to see such strong willed individuals out there pushing their body to the limit for the sake of it.

www.kansascity.com
edit on 17-10-2011 by hp1229 because: edit content
edit on 17-10-2011 by hp1229 because: typo

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
Truely amazing and motivating for the young, complacent and the restless. While we sit at our keyboards and play unrealistic video games, surf away, blog, play arm chair general, one man decided to go for it at the age of 100 and actually set records for his age group.

Age is jut a number. It is truely motivating to see such strong willed individuals out there pushing their body to the limit for the sake of it.

www.kansascity.com

That's a pretty condescending OP. I'm sorry you haven't done much physically with your life, but I wouldn't use the term 'we'. Maybe you would get better reception if you didn't immediately alienate your entire audience?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
that's pretty awesome. my grandmother just turned 80 and ran the boston marathon. she runs 15 miles every day. i thought that was pretty amazing, but at 100? i just hope she's still alive in 20 years!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The Turban and Beard are representative of the Sihk religion which dictates a very strict diet consisting of veganism.

They only consume living food as in vegetables, no flesh, eggs or anything that lived and breathed and/or had eyes.

Having worked in the High Tech industry, I have had the honor of working with many of these highly intelligent and wise individuals.

Their diet and this 100 year old man actually completing a Marathon really is a testament to the value of a healthy diet.

PEACE
edit on 17-10-2011 by nh_ee because: LIVE FREE OR DIE

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Proves that even towards the end of our lives we can still be in good shape (100 years old is towards the end no matter which way you slice it).. 100 years old and running a marathon... That's pretty darn cool.
edit on 17-10-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
100 year old marathon runneR?

Now as a man i must say If they can do it so can I but better!!!

so if i get make 101 you better watch for my marathon followed by a swim across a lake

really does put us to shame. You gotta keep moving a few old timers told me. Thats how they stay in shape and live long. Keep effin moving!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

Thanks.

I do not like/wish to generalize the entire mass. It was a mistake.

I corrected the OP.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by scojak
that's pretty awesome. my grandmother just turned 80 and ran the boston marathon. she runs 15 miles every day. i thought that was pretty amazing, but at 100? i just hope she's still alive in 20 years!

Old school, Old school Diet baby

I dont know how myself or others will be health wise at the age of 80 or 100 with all the GOODIES added to our food source

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

The Turban and Beard are representative of the Sihk religion which dictates a very strict diet consisting of veganism.

They only consume living food as in vegetables, no flesh, eggs or anything that lived and breathed and/or had eyes.
PEACE

Not necessarily true.

There are both Vegans and Non-Vegetarian Sikhs just the way there are other castes in Hinduism who are non-vegetarians. Religion definitely dictates a very strict diet of Vegetarianism but some castes do deviate from the religious beliefs but do not generally abuse it.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2
100 year old marathon runneR?
really does put us to shame. You gotta keep moving a few old timers told me. Thats how they stay in shape and live long. Keep effin moving!

True.

Its all in the head. You have to maintain active and healthy lifestyle even if you wish to beat the odds due to genetics and/or contagious ailments.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

In looking at what we have here is a 100 year old completing a marathon which is very rare in our culture as well as a person who belongs to a faith that happens to embraces a high propensity towards veganism.

My bet would be that this guy didn't exactly consume KFC , Big Macs and Super Sized Fries his entire life !

Remember....You are what you eat.

And the proof is in the Puddin'.

PEACE

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I saw this on Sky news (UK) a couple of days ago....I saw it by accident!

What is also amazing that this wonderful gentleman only took up running at 89!!! Howzat!
news.sky.com...
includes a vid of him running!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee
reply to post by hp1229

My bet would be that this guy didn't exactly consume KFC , Big Macs and Super Sized Fries his entire life !

PEACE

True upto certain extent. However interesting part is that we have the highest concentration in US.

Now surely there are many people on life support system and/or medical treatment crossing 100. However to find one in a good healthy condition without any ailment is the key. I was watching a documentary about southern italy where at one point, they had the highest population ratio of people above 100 in comparision to the size of the poulation. They ate good fresh food including several different types of meats, cheeses, breads, pastas and drank 2 to 4 glasses of wine per day. They also had several relaxing moments per day such as playing bocci, listening to music or just chit chatting and relaxing outdoors. Its also the atmoshphere, water, food ingredients and the political/socio economic surroundings that can impact the lifestyle in general such as Mental Stress that can lead to bad health.

Needless to say that we lead a very fast paced and stressful life in US compared to the rest of the world.

ABOVE_100

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
This thread prompted me to pull a fantastic book off my bookshelf - to recall for myself and to share with those who are interested.

The book is titled - The Age Heresy by Tony Buzan & Raymond Keene.

This is an amazing story. This is an abridged version. Great-Great-Grandma Swims To World Record. Essentially Mary Maina swam a world record 50metres in 5mins 12.34seconds. Two weeks prior she had celebrated her 100th birthday. Spectators were on their feet applauding from the moment she dived into the pool.

Mary only commenced swimming as a recreation when she was 60 years of age. God bless her - as she was competing in the World Masters Games she provided a letter from her doctor outlining her regular medications in case she was selected for a drug test.

Much Peace...

join