It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banks and Corporates ...I am glad people are waking up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I myself couldn't be happier that some people are waking up and realize the greed of Banks and some corporates.

Banks are amongst the ones who are profiting while the rest of the society is on the verge of bankruptcy..the more people get into debt..the more the banks profit. But their profits from raping the "average joe" is not enough - instead, the banks get greedier and greedier.

I for myself am located in Europe and i can tell you i would be *happy* to ONLY pay a fee of monthly $5 for my debit cards - i know from experience that the service and fees in the states are FAR, far better and less as compared to Europe. The problem is only that the people in Europe are acting like sheep and tolerate such things blindly, while people in the states (usually) cannot be raped that easily. (The recent protests about the $5 fee is a prime example).

There are many corporates pulling **** here in Europe which they could never do in the states.

One example would be very simple things like how you get screwed over here by some companies who offer internet/DSL. (Eg. 1&1). In the states, i never had a problem getting and cancelling internet, let alone that there was no fees attached to things like cancelling your contracts. (At least i dont REMEMEBER such fees in the states)

Here it can happen that you get into a contract which you simply cannot cancel even after you have been with an internet provider for several years.

My company 1&1 wanted me to seriously continue paying approx €50 each month for DSL...after i was with them for 3 years and after we MOVED out of the country! They insisted that the contract cannot be cancelled and is always "automatically renewed" each year...which is absurd because it can very well happen that people sometimes move, change their residence etc. and this is not always foreseeable.

If you wanted to cancel the contract, even after providing PROOF you are not even residing in the country anymore (let alone using DSL in an empty house without residents)..they then would charge additional fees for the cancellation (several hundred Euros) and make it sound like it's a courtesy when they finally let you go from their contracts.

This just an example how such companies,banks etc. try to screw over the "average joe" whenever they can for their own greed.

My own bank charges me about €45 (Euro!) each quarter for NOTHING....in addition to fees like overdraft and insane fees for cashing checks and similar...i am sure others know what i am talking about.

But those companies can only continue to screw people over if people are tolerating all this and don't act, so i welcome the protests because more people become aware of all that greed.

Edit:

I know the story with the DSL is only "peanuts"...but imagine that the internet provider wants THE CUSTOMER to go through lengths, providing all kinds of documents and send them to them so THE CUSTOMER after a lot of paper work and hassles can then cancel their DSL contract based on "courtesy".....such thing is just unthinkable in the states because *usually* a company which treats customers like trash (in the states) wont last too long..it would just create much more outrage than it does here where people act more like sheep.

edit on 17-10-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
There is only one Banking Institution of that matter, and that is INTERACT. And all the banks and insitutions such as EBAY is just franchisees of INTERACT.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Banks and corporations are not the problem . Its the users of it and the people in charge who dictate how such systems are projected out.

I assure a person with alot of empthy who hasn't sold his soul was a head banker and head political leader, most of these problems would be fixed before its even an issue.

Problem we have here is many souless , mindless , zombies who see nothing but profits as their guiding lights!

At the end of the day no matter what you do with banks and coporations . Start from zilch and rebuild again with your own people in. That greed factor takes over again , and slowly builds its claws back into the system to corrupt it . Which is what you see today.

We have to fix ourselfs and build strong foundations instead of trying to fix our systems.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2
Banks and corporations are not the problem . Its the users of it and the people in charge who dictate how such systems are projected out.

I assure a person with alot of empthy who hasn't sold his soul was a head banker and head political leader, most of these problems would be fixed before its even an issue.

Problem we have here is many souless , mindless , zombies who see nothing but profits as their guiding lights!

At the end of the day no matter what you do with banks and coporations . Start from zilch and rebuild again with your own people in. That greed factor takes over again , and slowly builds its claws back into the system to corrupt it . Which is what you see today.

We have to fix ourselfs and build strong foundations instead of trying to fix our systems.

Agree. Instead of blaming everything around you, take responsibility for the health of your own finances first.
Love the avatar by the way

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Wells Fargo (WFC) CEO says co. is uniquely well-positioned for rising rates

US STOCKS
15:46 17-10-2011
Says:
- Still testing new fees on bank accounts.

I do not use Wells Fargo , but what does the testing ensure . How much more profits that they can make for the share holders at the end of the day . How much they can make with little or no effort from their own personal sweat . It has to implode someday when their greed cannot give them enough to keep their glitzy life styles .

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchdog8110

Wells Fargo (WFC) CEO says co. is uniquely well-positioned for rising rates

US STOCKS
15:46 17-10-2011
Says:
- Still testing new fees on bank accounts.

I do not use Wells Fargo , but what does the testing ensure . How much more profits that they can make for the share holders at the end of the day . How much they can make with little or no effort from their own personal sweat . It has to implode someday when their greed cannot give them enough to keep their glitzy life styles .

Testing ensures regulatory compliance.

top topics

join