It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This cop is giving some sort of hand signal. Does anyone know what it means?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I've got to rush off to work but I saw it but wanted to post this before I left,
maybe I'll have an answer by the time I get home tonight.

It reminded me of a recent article about the judge and prosecutor in
Canada busted giving masonic hand signals during a hearing.
Video He starts it right at 2:23. At first I thought he was talking into a walkie talkie or mic of some sort.
But he's not talking. Thanks ahead of time!
edit on 17-10-2011 by orbitbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

he's not a "mason", I believe he was tryna cover up either his name, or part of his badge after what happened to the NYPD officer who #ed up..

or, he could have his walkie on so all of the police could hear what the guy was saying about him/them.
edit on 17-10-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

At first I thought he was trying to cover his badge number but in my opinion that's just a ready stance because he thinks the guy is going to get physical. You'll notice the majority of cops talk with their hands too, that's not just for emphasis, it's quicker if you have to defend yourself.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

or, he could have his walkie on so all of the police could hear what the guy was saying about him/them.

Thats most likely it. He was either keying it up so others could here or blocking the mic so they couldnt...either way is name and badge # is out there now so what does it matter.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Meh. Just looks like he is covering up his radio mic or had it keyed and broadcasting (for whatever reason)
edit on 10/17/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I don't think it's a hand signal.
Maybe he is having chest pains.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Nope, that was the " usher in the NWO and start bringing in the death squads" hand sign. Run for your lives!!!!

Looks to me like he was covering his mic... or heartburn.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

if you did not understand the signal..then it did not affect you in anyway

there are benefits of belonging to a lodge.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Derf.

He's covering up his radio so he doesn't blast whoever is on the other end with angry protester yelling.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Merely a pathetic human gesture.

Move along.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I think its a sign to other officers with him.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
That means he has acid reflux and its acting up.Thats what people do when this happens.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
One usual hand signal is 4 fingers denoting "code 4".. meaning "everything is ok".. looks to me like he was covering the mic which is also a speaker.. supervisors tend to get long winded on the radio and don't always need to be heard... and it keeps 'civilians' from eavesdropping.

Those blue plastic tie wraps are called 'flex cuffs' and they are, er should be, numbered.. they are assigned to specific officers like a cite book... if ever arrested, note your flex cuff number.. or have someone photograph it.. makes tracking down your arresting officer easier.

If they're not numbered at the very least the officers ID # should be indelibly marked with a Sharpe.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I also tend to "blocking the mic."

And a useful hint for the kids: when they arrive in riot gear, sitting on the ground is the worst thing you can do.
You are very exposed and it takes you quite some time to get back on your feet when the batons are flying.

If you want to block the streets, keep standing.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Well he defiantly isnt giving a hand signal....I cant think what he would be possibly doing. Just covering the mike with his hand would do anything because the guy is yelling. Plus the mics dont tend to be that small like the size of a stage mic.

This is a pretty stupid video though. Why publish this guys name and picture. He's doing his job and thats about it. I saw nothing in this video about a guy having any claim that he can sue for. Just a bunch of people who hate cops anyways and are looking for a reason to make them look better. If this cop is so bad will putting his pic up on the internet stop him? very doubtful. If anything it will give some psycho who thinks he is on a mission from god a target, and this cop will get ambushed. And then everyone at this rally will play dumb and say they never want anything to happen to cops. Very childish really.
edit on 20-11-2011 by onfire49 because: didnt mean to quote post above me

new topics

top topics

join