It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Atlanta prepares for possible park eviction

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by sbctinfantry

no wonder your insight is so valuable. /sarcasm

you mean to tell me you didn't bother to get out of your car and TALK to a protester, but you have the audacity to get on line and bash them??? you didn't have the balls to get out and introduce yourself to them, yet you wanna talk # about what they do.. holy freaking crap..

There was less than 20 people, here I will show you. Of course, someone like you will probably say because there is about 50 every single one is a diehard protestor. Just around the corner, there is an Energy day festival, and most of the people are from there just wondering why there are a bunch of morons protesting and asking us if we're with them (the 99%).

There's like 20 actual protestors, and it's just hilarious. I don't need your opinion, I'll believe what I see with my own eyes. Don't trust the media? Well I don't trust trolls or the media, or anyone else but me.

If I have the time today, I will run by there and do an interview or two. I'm pretty unbiased, so if you just read my posts instead of attacking me you would see that. But, hey, what do I care what you think? I don't care if you are the 99% or not, doesn't mean I have to agree with you.

edit on 2011/10/17 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

edit on 2011/10/17 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Why would I go and stand in a park? What possible good would that do? It's the middle of October. It's freezing outside.
Do you even have a collective aim? Do you have an alternative system ready to replace the current failed one?
How far are you prepared to g for your beliefs?

"Give me liberty or give me death!"?

or

"Give me liberty or oh, okay, we'll let you clean the park, can we come back Tuesday?"

I hate to be so blunt because I do agree that the world needs changing in quite a massive fashion but there are alternate methods to the one you've been tricked into doing.

you ask question that have been responded to sooo many times and it's [snip] annoying now. like i said, you've done no research about the movement, you just have negative stuff to say.

you don't seem to care enough to about the well being of this countries future generations to come outside of your little comfort zone in the "middle of october" and take a stand, yet you seem to question MY patriotism... fail
edit on 17/10/11 by masqua because: Removed profanity

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Don't you get that you've been set up to fail?
It's an orchaestrated pressure release valve.
Even the timing (October) should be giving you some sort of clue as to the sustainability of the protests. Winter's coming so it has a definite time frame.
Answer me this - has the government done ANYTHING positive in response? Or are they a) concentrating on a campaign for an election a year and a quarter away, b) attempting to start the third world war with yet another innocent sovereign nation purely because of oil and the petrodollar or c) both and a whole lot more you're not going to like?

"It's time for a change!"
And you all went baaaa.....

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Don't you get that you've been set up to fail?
It's an orchaestrated pressure release valve.
Even the timing (October) should be giving you some sort of clue as to the sustainability of the protests. Winter's coming so it has a definite time frame.
Answer me this - has the government done ANYTHING positive in response? Or are they a) concentrating on a campaign for an election a year and a quarter away, b) attempting to start the third world war with yet another innocent sovereign nation purely because of oil and the petrodollar or c) both and a whole lot more you're not going to like?

"It's time for a change!"
And you all went baaaa.....

QFT

Except you forget, many countries will take advantage of American weakness if these protests get violent or seek to weaken the power circles, so it's a lose lose situation for all sides.

Why are so many people putting themselves into unwinnable positions and not asking the important questions.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

No one would attack America even if the protests turned violent. Russia would be more than happy for you to have a revolution so it could kick off against China again. China would be concerned that it couldn't sell you all the crap it makes but it would use the opportunity to take back Taiwan and reinforce its bit of Mongolia.

If I were an American I'd be more concerned about where the troops from Iraq are going. To Iran/Syria/Yemen? To Pakistan? Or home.....

Really, if you want to do this then get yourselves organized, set a clear goal and be prepared to stand to the last man. If not then go home and practice your bleating. But don't do it like this. It's pretty clear that this is aimed at burning any thoughts of revolution out of the system and then ridiculing it. The protests should be growing in numbers but they're not. Think on this.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

What is it with OWS and parks?
In what way does loitering in a park constitute expressing the discontent of the 99%?
Are you trying to oust squirrels or something because it's having no effect whatsoever on TPTB.
I know I must sound like a broken record but how about occupying government buildings? The Federal Reserve? The IRS?
Or, most importantly of all, Goldman Sachs?

but, maybe you're on to something with the arboreal rodent thing....
edit on 17-10-2011 by Aestheteka because: re

These "protesters" if you can even call them that, have to have the parks. Why would they want to rough it and protest where it's needed when they can do it in a nice serene and calm setting like a public park? Nice soft grass to lay down on, plenty of water at the public fountains, lots of benches to rest there weary feet and bottoms on, plus plenty of wooded areas to go do drugs in....Wait...isn't that the essence of what they want? Everything for free? Oh! I get it now! They are using the park as an analogy of their protest! Yeah, that's the ticket!

Yeah, these protesters have it tough with their Mac Books and free smoked Salmon with cream Cheese...

If these guys really meant to make a difference, they wouldn't be in the parks.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

You forgot the free WiFi zones....
No use protesting if you can't vlog it

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join