It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Atlanta Silences Civil Rights Hero John Lewis!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Yeah, the potty location was MUCH more important to know that what Sen Lewis had to say....

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

we were also discussing how we would deal with people such as the mayor, city councilmen, police, and those who would try to shut us up.

How very very ironic.

You shut someone up...actually you guys shut up multiple people with your "mic checks"...so you can discuss people trying to shut you up.

THEN we were to discuss (wait for it.... wait for it) how to give maximum exposure to our supporters such as John Lewis, who happened to show up because we were a couple of blocks from his office!!!

Well I'm pretty sure you failed pretty hard on that item.

Have you ever heard of flexability???

It looked clear to me from the video that the crowed overwhelmingly wanted him to speak...but once the guy with the megaphone and a few others twist it to make it look like if you let him speak you are bowing down to him...the crowd....the same crowd that just said they want him to speak...vote to have him not speak.

This movement is creating it's own image...and this decision has made it look like a bunch of confused and unorganized people that are easily influenced by the man with the microphone.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
people keep sharing this video and getting the wrong idea. even John Lewis didn't get upset. some of us actually spoke to him after the event, and he said he understood completely.

Of course he said that. He's a politician. He would never insult a large gathering of Democratic voters, no matter how weird or offensive he found them.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

maybe you just haven't gotten the message yet, but you know the majority here aren't democratic voters. believe it or not, there are mad republicans, who see problems with the way the government is being run as well, and they are down here supporting. there are people who don't vote at all. there are people who only support independent candidates.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

you still have YET to answer my question, that one guy asked for a 'mic check' and the Megamouth drowned him out
ETA: I'll tell you why, Megamouth had his OWN AGENDA
edit on 10/17/2011 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

right, because you were there... better yet, you understand everything you see on youtube... anyway...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

dude, you fail with your answer, go back to your sheeple

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by HomerinNC

right, because you were there... better yet, you understand everything you see on youtube... anyway...

If you want to act as PR for the movement here on ATS....then you need a better response than that.

Tell us, who aren't there, what is going on. Don't just say we don't understand...help us understand.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
this one peticular incedent realy ratteld me! from people preaching fighting for equalty to have the NERV to tell an older fellow like John Lewis "no thanks ,Carry on," i mean. Where are his rights to be heard???
i think its time for some leaders to emerge and for goodness sake please anybody at thous rally tell that guy whith red shirt and beard to have some BALLS AND SPEAK LIKE MAN!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
the government are suppose to serve the people not the other way around, people who run the country should be on less money than trash collectors!!

if you had a honest government in the first place there wouldnt be a need for a civil rights officials,

this movement is hopefully going to remove the corruption from the government same as libya got rid of a dictator america is going to remove their entire top tier of governance

reminds me of a trip to blackpool some 20 years ago when john major wanted to walk along the beach i was on the beach at the time walking along the sands when a goon came over to me and told me to clear the beach as the priminister was coming this way i told him that the priminister can walk around me cant he ? the goon said no i would be considered a security risk and i said why ? honest politicians shouldn't need security anyway should they ? and he said well not really no but i still have to move ... so i did i'd be 16yrs old and back then,, john major was nothing more than a spitting image puppet to me but its always stuck out in my mind that has... You see number 10 security has gone from 1 bobby and his truncheon to big iron gates and a full army of armed coppers.. they are so corrupt now they are scared of reprisals from the very people they were allegadly elected to serve even more so now as the evidence of their extensive corruption is rearing its ugly head .. no wonder rothchild said the internet was the worst thing that could have happened to them .. he wasnt kidding

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by akapapasmurf

this movement is hopefully going to remove the corruption from the government same as libya got rid of a dictator america is going to remove their entire top tier of governance

Really...is this what the movement is about???

I didn't realize that one of the goals was to remove governement officials.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
half of the people there dont either, but seriously thats what its about, tree of liberty and all that... This movement will grow with each blow from the coppers nightstick more and more people will realise whats happening and come out till theres enough for a full on revolution just watch

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by akapapasmurf

Yeah...I'm not holding my breath.

And here is the thing...I can't tell if you are being serious, joking, or trying to tarnish the movement.

And that is the reason the movement will fail...when you don't define your goals or your message...you leave yourself open for any person to interject their own message. Opponents of this movement will latch on to these radical messages and destroy the image of the movement.

This is why it pisses me off that there is no focus and organization in this movement.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Why didn't he use the mic check himself?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Why didn't he use the mic check himself?

Well...because they didn't let him speak.

And the "mic check" I'm speaking of is at the end when he is walking away and people are voicing their dissention about not allowing him to speak. It was specifically to drown out negative voices.

The guy in the red shirt then almost busts a blood vessel saying they make decisions by consensus...when clearly that is not the case...him and the people standing around him made the decision for the crowd.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Anyone can stand up and call for a mic check...the red shirt guy though needs to chill, I'll agree there. Congressman Lewis seemed fine with it all though, he said he understood. After all it's not like we can go in and address Congress anytime we want to.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

But clearly that wasn't the case here. The guy in the red shirt was calling for "mic checks" over and over just so the crowd repeated him to drown out the people who were pissed at him for turning away John Lewis.

And yes, John Lewis has class and was ok with it....it doesn't make it ok that they did it.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

“They didn’t really deny me,” Lewis said. The protestors decided he could return after their agenda items had been completed, but because of the Pride event, Lewis didn’t have time to wait around. The group has since issued a statement saying, “We are dismayed that anything we have done would seem to show disrespect for a man whom many of us revere, and apologize to everyone who was hurt or angered by our actions.” And they say Lewis can come back.

Lewis said he was not dismayed, despite his key role in the nation’s struggle for civil rights, that he was not more eagerly received when he initially stopped by the park.

“These are different times,” he said.

blogs.ajc.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Like I said...Lewis is a class act.

This is what happens with disorganization...you look bad when you make huge screw ups like this.

Looking back...I bet these people would of loved just to announce him and let him give his 2 minutes of support and move on. But no...just another negative to put in the column for the movement.

This is why I keep saying I wish it was more organized and focused....because than stupid things like this don't happen.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

These little snippets you keep using to try to paint an ugly picture is just because the movement isn't conforming to what you want it to be which is the Democrat version of the Tea Party. You want the energy that is being generated to be used for the 2012 elections and it isn't happening fast enough for you. I do think it will eventually end up affecting the 2012 elections but here's the part you keep missing, deliberately, or otherwise...

People are waking up to the fact that we keep trying to play a game that we cannot possibly win anymore. While we slept all the Aces were hidden up sleeves. In 2012 I think most, if not all Congress seats are up for grabs. Tell me what good it will do to keep ANY of the same players? Now we start to conversate and fact check with our new knowledge that it was us who let this happen, now (hopefully) we are smarter and better informed and will not let ourselves be cheated again.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join