It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Toronto DOA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Although I'm not there for first hand knowlege, I can't give you 100% FACTUAL info. I will say though, that I've been watching the TV news, and listening to the radio, andreading many websites. It seems to me that the OCCUPY TORONTO protest has died a quick death.
In watching some TV news at 10:00 AM on Monday, October 17th, it appears that either no one showed up, or they are JUST waking up now! It's good to see that there is PASSION in these protests. Well, not so much in Toronto.
With the exception *MAYBE* of New York, no one place will ever accomplish a Tahrir Square.
For one thing: We Canadians are just way too passive. We're also too blind (not all, but many of us), to see that these protests (Tahrir Square included), have not, and will not accomplish anything. Apart from a 'new' leader, what has been accomplished in Egypt?
This OWS crap will only accomplish one thing: Maintaining the Status Quo!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Hey come on now ! there were plenty of people who went !

news.nationalpost.com...

Check it out ! Problem is everyone is really poor right now and hurting , trying to keep food on the table .

They can't afford to camp out in a protest with mixed messeges and motives !

They have to get back to work! Ontario is one of the most expensive places to live !

But for the people who did show up i tip my hat to them
Sure it could've used more people. But the messege was not clear enough to gather the passion .

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by moondoggy2

I would have to agree that Canadians have been complacent.

However, when we set fire to a city over a hockey game, that shows me that we are deeply frustrated and change will come soon.

Canadians will rise up with the best of 'em eventually.

join