It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My mom's spirit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This is something I was going to keep to myself but as the hours passed I thought about it
and now I want to share it.

I'm not really THAT fascinated in the paranormal/ghost study anymore but I've always been open to it.
I've had a couple of strange experiences as I'm sure you all have aswell but this is one
I find the most touching that's happened to me.

I stay with my dad and have lived with him pretty much most my life.

Two weeks ago to the day I found out my mum commited suicide.
It was a Monday night and I was doing whatever I was doin' and the phone rang,
my heart started pumping and I got the yuckiest feeling, I didn't answer...

I hate talkin' on the damn phone and I thought 'who the f***'s ringing me at this time of night?'
I stood around thinking, heart still pounding. I knew the call was bad but I had no idea why.
I knew not many people had our number as we just got the phone set up. I was hoping
it wasn't gonna ring again and it did..
My dad answered it while I stood there like a bitch listening and waiting.

"Oh what's she done now?" he says, straight away I know it's her.
I kept listening anxiously knowing that I'm in for some news.
After the call ended he put the phone down slowly and looked at me with that face you don't wanna see.
"you might wanna sit down"
My gut knew what had happened but I still asked "why? what's she done"
"it's your mum, she commited suicide"

I stood there in a daze, while he stood there looking at me waiting for a reaction.
My mind raced, and I slowly looked down to the floor.
As I felt that lump in my stomach rising up to my throat, I was straight off to my bedroom.
I fell onto my bed like a toddler falls into mummy's arms after grazing a knee.

I can happily say I cried like I've never cried before. I was crying so bad it was hurting.

As I layed there thinking of everything, why she done it, how could she do this?
I felt myself getting colder and colder, my heart was thumping and my eyes were waterfalls.
I had to curl up under my blankets into a ball I felt so sad and cold.
"No more Mum" were the words that kept getting repeated in the back of my head. "NO MORE MUM"

While laying there crying to death, thinking how guilty I am + what I could've done
to help prevent this from happening and the last memories I had of her, I felt something..

It'd felt as if my small dog had gently hopped up onto the bed with me, I thought he may've
heard me crying and had come to look after me as any pet dog would do to his loved owner.
As I peeked over my shoulder expecting to see his face my whole body slowed down, and
the dog WASN'T there. What did I feel? It was my mum.

I had never felt so PHYSICALY sad in my life, which you can expect when you lose a parent at a young age,
and when I thought I couldn't feel any worse than I did, I felt what I can only describe
as the spirit energy of my mum comforting me, I opened up to the feeling and let it happen
and INSTANTLY I was calmed, my tears dried up and my heartbeat slowed.

My body started to warm and it was like mum was there with me again. She WAS with me.
I got that same feeling I got whenever we had a proper hug.
After crying a storm and then experiencing that, I felt energyless and weak.
I layed there thinking for however long it was until I slept.

Since then I haven't really experienced anything else apart from
smelling her favorite perfume she used to wear every now and then (family members get it aswell)
and the room going cold when the family together.

Has anybody else experienced this?
thanks for reading.

edit on 17-10-2011 by Realm52 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
First off, I would like to say that I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my mom at a very young age, so I know how devastating
it is.
What a beautiful thing your mother did by trying to comfort you. I remember how I felt after my mom died, and if I think back to that time, and if she had come to comfort me afterward like your mom did, just thinking about your experience gave me a good feeling. My pain is old, yet yours is so new. I wish I had that same experience with my mother. Remember that feeling your mom gave you because you will want to revisit it in the future. It will help you deal with her passing. I'm not very good at getting out my thoughts, but I hope you can understand what I am trying to say.

Again, I'm very sorry for your loss.

edit on 17-10-2011 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2011 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Realm52

Sorry about your mom dude, that's balls.

2nd

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Realm52

Yes. She comes and goes and gives me strength.
I also sometimes suspect that she "steers" me away from bad situations.
Also she's a bit mischievous at times!
The important part is that she makes me feel loved.
It would seem that yours makes you feel loved too.
S&F

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
i am extremely sorry for your loss...

my mother suffers from depression, she lives alone and i have my own place..a while back ago i called her and the phone was turned off..i called her friends and they said she never showed up for therapy, and they tried calling her as well and no one answered...

i went to her house and started to knock on the door..after the 8th or 9th time knocking i started pounding at the door...i know that "feeling" you get when you know that something is wrong...i started thinking the worst..i thought she overdosed on pills and never woke up...i was just about to call the police to break in the house, until i decided to start kicking the door...i guess i kicked hard enough that it woke her up and she openned the door..

i broke down in tears telling her that she had everyone worried.

i believe your mother was comforting you..she didint want to see you like that, just pray for her and know that she is still there keeping an eye on you, maybe now you can change too and start talking to more of your relatives and be there for them, even if they dont always show it deep down they care...be there for each other because you never know when it will be the last.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Thanks heaps for the nice comment, if anyone was gonna reply I'm glad it was you, with those words

Certainly is lifechanging losing your mum, you expect them to be around forever.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

kikito you made my eyes water.

I hope you're close to your Mother 'cause she sounds exactly like mine, except mine decided to swallow the pills..
If I could rewind back TIME then I'd spend a # load more TIME with her.

She suffered with depression and had no one to help her, apart from her best mate Jim Beam, alcohol.

You don't know what you have until it's gone.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
People need to stop saying sorry

it's not their fault...

or is it?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Well, something close happened to my son-in-law just a few weeks ago. His Mom, whom he had not really seen much of these last few years, had cancer, and we all knew she didn't have much time left. He went down to see her (about 250 miles) and was staying at her house, trying to get her set up for hospice care, etc. She was in the hospital. About 4:00 am all the cats in the house (there were several) jumped up on my son-in-law's bed all at once.

Later that day he discovered that was the time that she had died. It was just an odd thing, not quite like yours, but still kind of in the same ballpark.

I don't know you, of course, but my wife committed suicide when my only daughter was 13 years old. I've been there on the Dad side. He needs some help, too, you know. Help him out. You'll be glad you did.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing this experience with us. What a heart wrenching and beautiful story. I have experienced something like this also. It may seem strange to some that it was my mother in law. She was a hard woman, hard to get along with and just very rough. It took me a long time to get used to her. But when I did, I really realized what a beautiful woman she was in so many ways, even though she could be so difficult most of the time. She lived a very hard life and had many health issues as she grew older. She died relatively young in my opinion, she was 69. It was back in January of this year. It was a long drawn out ordeal and she was in a lot of pain until they started the morphine.
Anyway, what happened was in March I had a bad infection and the antibiotic they gave me caused a really bad reaction, so I ended up in the emergency room. This is the same hospital emergency room where she was admitted in January, and I was one room away from the room she was in. It’s a long story, but she was in a neglectful nursing home where despite all our efforts she didn’t get some care she needed. So we took her out to have her admitted to the other hospital to try to get her some help. The people at the hospital were even appalled at her conditions and they said that it certainly did look like she wasn’t properly cared for. Back to my story. I was so scared while I was lying in the bed waiting for someone to see me, I was starting to panic and cry. I don’t get sick much at all, so when I do, I get a bit worried and worry turns to fear, then panic. The infection was possibly MRSA, so they put me in a room by myself. I started to smell cigarette smoke. My mother in law had one vice, yup, smoking. She would always catch crap from us for smoking because it was bad for her health. But she clung to it right up until she had to go to the hospital. I knew it was her, because I am familiar with the hospital and the rooms are nowhere near any doors where it could have wafted in. Not to mention, she had made her presence known to my husband the night she died, and both my sisters in law, and one of my nephews with the smell of the cig smoke. It’s kind of funny actually. Needless to say, her smoke smell comforted me in my time of need. I knew she was there with me and it made me so happy that I was able to calm down and even started to laugh, partly because of my happiness, but also because of the smoke smell that seems to signal her presence with us, I just find it funny. I thought of that immediately when you said you smell your mom’s perfume. Also, I feel like she’s sitting in her chair in the living room sometimes. Others in the family feel that as well.

edit on 17-10-2011 by Ellie Sagan because: grammar

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Thanks for those great replies guys!
I do find it awesome how our pets can be highly sensitive to our emotions and the supernatural.
Schuyler that sounded like a terrible time for you, suicide has to be the worst.
My parents didn't get on so I'm sure my dad's ok.

And Ellie I know exactly what you mean!

You can just feel you're not alone at times, and it's like they want you to know they're around
'cause thoughts appear in your mind.
She was very spiritual aswell I wonder if that means anything.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
My condolences for your loss. Though I have not experienced anything as you with your mother. I still have mine thankfully and your story made me appreciate what I have a little more. In 2001 when I was 16 my grandfather passed away. we were not really close up until the last few months of his life as he was a very hard man raised in the depression and such. But when he passed away it hit me kind of hard. One of his pet peeves was safety on the road he was a truck driver for many years and never had a splotch on his driving record. From time to time when I am going a little faster than I know I should be it is almost as if I can hear him say "slow it down and get your foot out of the radiator, 55 no faster" It is kind of goofy but I feal that it is his way of lettin me know he is still there. I can say that with time it gets easier and we just have to keep on truckin. thanks for shareing your story

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Realm52

Hi Realm,

What a beautiful, moving and eloquent post.

My mother died 2 years ago - I am a lot older than you, but you always miss your mum.

And when I was sitting on the deck in the sun, recently, thinking about her, a tui came (NZ bird - you don't often see them) and sang his beautiful song - my mother loved tuis.

It felt like a visit from her.

Stay strong in the knowledge that she still looks out for you.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'm so sorry for your loss, truly. I lost my husband 2 years ago to a heart attack at the age of 46 and still struggle daily with it.
a few days after he died I distinctly remember laying on the couch trying to sleep. I so clearly felt him lay next to me and wrap his arms around me, I have no doubt about it. He was trying to comfort my sorrow.
Try to be strong. I have no doubt our spirits live on. you'll see your mum again. I believe through eternity we have 'circles' of friends and family.
God bless.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Realm52

My mom got cancer at the age of 26. I was 7. We had just left my dad, so it was just her and me. I don't have any siblings. We went through a lot together, just her and me. I took care of her my whole life and we were best friends. She was given three weeks to live, but didn't die until I was 21 years old. That was in 2007. I'd never gone a single day without seeing her, hugging her or talking to her before that. Now it's weird because I have these horrible dreams where I haven't seen her in four years, but my brain can't figure out why. I'm trying to find her and I can't imagine why we stopped talking, why I moved away (I lived with her and we never planned on living apart), etc. Part of my brain has no idea she's dead, I guess.

Anyway, when I can't deal with something or I get really upset, I feel her too... same exact thing as you. I remember when I'd be really upset over something and she'd hug me and stroke my hair. Instant calm, like nothing else mattered. Everything was ok, my mom was there. The world could've been ending, but as long as my mom was there to take care of me, I was fine. Sometimes I get this rush of calmness and it feels like it did when she'd hug me and I feel like she's comforting me.

I'm a mom now. Due to having a weird life, I have depression issues and also used to only cope with problems by using alcohol or other self destructive behavior. I stopped drinking a few months before I got pregnant and I'm happy to say that I no longer turn to alcohol to deal with my problems -- something I never thought possible. I had an alcoholic father, though -- he actually just died of alcoholism last year -- and so I know what that's like and I know what it's like to need a mom and not have one, so I didn't want my baby to go through that. I guess that gave me strength. But sometimes I wonder if I suck as a mom because I'm sad sometimes. I try to hide it, but when my mom was sad, she tried to hide it too, but I could always tell. So sometimes I wonder if my son would be better off without me. I think about how he'd have his dad, and his dad's loving parents, and at this point, he wouldn't even remember me. Stupid thoughts, I guess. But your post reminded me not just of my mom and how that felt, but of how my baby would feel if I chose to take my life. I needed that.

I'm so sorry for your loss and the pain you're going through. I know my painful loss as helped me to know the pain of others and relate to others and help them. I believe yours will do that for you too and benefit others, if you know what I mean. Stay strong and hold on to the moments of comfort! It doesn't get less painful, but it does get easier.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Realm52

My sincere condolences. You will eventually sort things out, and hopefully make a peace for yourself in dealing with your loss. Keep your courage up, and best wishes to you.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Realm52

The spirit of a person usually gets time to spend with their immediate loved ones before crossing over. It's called the transition period. This is a time for them to help each loved one deal with the lose of said person.

- You're in my prayers...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Around 2-3a.m. this morning the door to my lounge from the hallway opened itself

What's crazy is there is no possible way for it to open without a firm grip and turn of the doorknob, even in really strong winds this door has never blown open.

I was sitting here reading a thread on ATS about the strange sound phenomena when it happened, lol

I looked over at the door when it opened and just stared at it thinking wtf?!?

Could it have been my mom checking on me?

or an invisible spying teleporter from Area 51?

Anyway this probably is most bizarre paranormal encounter I've ever had, really strange.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I teared when I read that you stopped tearing.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing OP. That really touched me.

new topics

top topics

join