It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dare you to watch this and tell me you're not grossed out. Are we really this pathetic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I for one believe that T.V. programming somewhat reflects who we are as a society. Most of us try not to mimic the idiot box but I am confident that regardless if we like it or not, T.V. is a product of our environment.

I was channel surfing last week and decided to watch an episode of Survivor. I usually hate these types of shows but if I'm in the right mood I can handle an hour of mindless entertainment for comedy relief.

It was your typical drama filled lame episode, what else would you expect?

Then they got to the team challenge to see who gains immunity for tribal council and a reward.

Well, let's just let the video do the talking. I hope this isn't where we are as a society. I found this disturbing in more ways than one.

The winning team actually gets to keep the meat as their prize and eat it at camp

I wonder if I'm the only one who was creeped out by this. I don't get creeped out easily by the way.
edit on 17-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
could you give a brief description of what exactly disturbed you about it?

im at work right now and they block out youtube or any other video formats...

thanks

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Honestly, I would recommend waiting until you get home. I'm not trying to be difficult, but in order to understand you must watch the video. No amount of explanation would be sufficient. Without giving too much information away I can tell you that I think the video is gross, graphic, and may have a hidden occult ritual meeting.

Once again sorry for not describing the video too much, you will have to watch it later. If you hit the subscribe button near the flag option it will save it to "My ATS" and you can view it later.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Watched it...
Yeah it was a bit gross but nothing to start a thread about in my opinion.

Op what exactly was your issue with it?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

I thought there was some symbolism in it, almost like a regression in the human species. It reminded me of flesh eating zombies or something of that nature. I know not everyone will agree, and may not seem thread worthy. But I remember the eerie feeling I had while i watched it.

They were not acting like humans in my opinion, even though it's just a game. I'm sure once the participants in this challenge get to watch the episode some of them may have regrets.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Animals being animals... Go get you some!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I think that the added sound effects when people are biting into the meat make it sound far more disgusting than it actually does sound. It has been edited quite a bit too, I actually do not know how it can be classed as entertainment, but I only watch around an hour of TV per week if I am unlucky enough too.

It might have been more fun if it had this song played over it instead of the ultra dramatic theme...

I can see your point of view though.

PS: you should silence the meat eating video whilst watching it and play the Benny Hill theme over the sound, it changes the whole mood of the scene, just goes to show how easy it is to add atmosphere to anything.
edit on 17-10-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Well thankfully the meat was cooked. Unfortunately people seemed to have far more spit going into that than absolutely necessary.

Excuse me while I dry heave for a moment.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
that look crazy !

yes disgusting!

looked like zombies eating flesh

lol great vid thanks for op

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Everything seem's better with Benny Hill.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Just lost a little faith in humanity.

What discusting creatures these humans are.

This is the reason i havent watched TV in about 2 or 3 years, documentaries would be only thing on tv worth watching.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

While I LOVE Survivor...(sue me, it's a guilty pleasure)... no, I could not watch this challenge. I literally turned my head and read a book while this challenge was going on (I didn't even want to see it enough to fast forward through it)....and what's worse, is that they ate it afterwards!

No, no thank you...I don't care how much the meat was cleaned off...no frickin' way...not when I've got an ocean of fish out there.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I dared. It was gross but not like eating horse anus or anything. Fear Factor...now there was a show.

I miss Joe.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

Joe Rogan was pretty funny on Fear Factor.

Did you ever see the episode where they got a bunch of reality show stars and one of the meat heads tried to start a fight with Joe?

Joe has MMA skills and threw the dude around like a rag doll before they edited out the rest of the scene.

It was priceless.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It is pretty vile. They are like animals and the way they spit the meat into the bowl is gross. I can't believe that they took that meat back to their camp to eat!!! Now, I LOVE meat but there was probably as much human spittle in that bowl as meat, for f**ks sake!!! I feel sick thinking about it.
edit on 17/10/2011 by iskander683 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I too am appalled at this clip. What concerns me is the fact children are watching television and see shows like this.

Much Peace..

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Children love gross stuff...never did know why...I never did. I didn't even like eating sloppy joes.....

Someone mentioned Fear Factor...yeah, they used to have similar challenges on Survivor, but been a few seasons since we've seen it...eating some very questionable local delicacies.....

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
A crowd gathered to tut and tsk over the latest reality show stunt. Like so many rubber-neckers trying to catch a glimpse of carnage in a car crash they queued up the youtube clip for the fifth time to make sure they were still appalled.

I mean you really can't be sure it is that terrible unless you watch it a good couple of times... and share it with an internet forum... and watch it a few more times... and take it as a sign of De-evolution... and watch it a few more times... and.................

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

The video is now private and unviewable.
Can you tell us who haven't been able to see it, what animal it was? Was it cooked? how was it killed and then butchered?

Edit:, from posts I gather they had to rip raw meat from a carcass with their teeth?
Still what animal was it? How was it killed?

I love me a rare steak. I see no problem with them putting raw meat in their mouths, it's not like they were eating it alive, was they? Animals do this everyday. We are animals, with canine's and incisors included.

I saw a show, "I'm a celeb, get me outta here" they had to put live giant cockroaches in their mouths.
It had to go in backwards, because if you put it in head first you wouldn't be able to stop it from crawling down your throat hole. Also putting it in backwards meant it will defacate on your tongue, now that is gross.

People biting at raw meat, not so much. So what, others ate what they had in their mouths, it got cooked didn't it. I think alot of you are being a little too judgemental and squeamish.
edit on 1-11-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Can you tell us who haven't been able to see it, what animal it was? Was it cooked? how was it killed and then butchered?

Was a roasted pig.
Yes, it was cooked.
We don't know how it was killed, it wasn't butchered much, but didn't have a head, tail, or legs.

It was scored and cut a little to allow the contestants to be able to bite it and tear it from the carcass. That wasn't the gross part though, it was all the spit as they had to spit the meat into a container to be weighed.

new topics

top topics

join