It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anybody else see the "Walking Dead" season premiere?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
what did you think?

and how the hell did ricks son get shot? do you think it was accidental? it looked as though someone was aiming for the deer, and the bullet went through it also hitting the boy..

i havent read any of the comics, so i dont know what to expect next.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

I liked it but I think they spent too much effort on the religious stuff. Based on the previews it looks like it will be an exciting season.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
reply to post by k1k1to

I liked it but I think they spent too much effort on the religious stuff. Based on the previews it looks like it will be an exciting season.

yea i agree about the whole religious crap...it was annoying and it seemed forced...the whole time i was saying to myself, when will they just shut up!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Yeah, I got home from work just in time to catch that part. It looked like someone shot the deer from the other side and didn't see the kid standing there.
I thought the deer was going to turn zombie soon as the kid got close enough.
(okey, so it was a loooong night at work)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It was great. In times of need like a Zombie Apocalypse, most people will look upon religious aspect to guide them, even with the un-religious. Carl getting shot was the WTF of the show, can't wait till next week.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

this is my favorite show of ALL TIME..

I wish it was an hour episode every day!!!

the MAIN thing driving me crazy though...

THE darn p.o.s. RV... COME ON Rick Grimes!!! there has to be some HUGE motorhome dealer somewhere with new million dollar RVs around.. THAT would be my first Goal.. a Prevost 4 slide out diesel pusher..probably would get better mileage too. plus gasoline has to be going bad by now..

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Watched it...LOVEd it! Yes I am thinking someone was aiming for the deer..but i haven't had the chance to watch first season all the way through..were there any stragglers from last season that has something against rick?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Have it DVR'd, as I'm usually out on the weekends, so no TV then. It's definitely one of my favorites though, and I can't wait to see it tonight.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
did the little girl get eaten or what thats driving me crazy lol

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

ive read the some of the comics and yes the kid got shot from a guy trying to shoot the dear, but the tv show is not going hand and hand with the comic. so something could be going little different

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

and how the hell did ricks son get shot? do you think it was accidental? it looked as though someone was aiming for the deer, and the bullet went through it also hitting the boy..

From the previews, it seems like they meet up with another surviving group. So, I'm guessing one of them was shooting at the deer (great shot to bring down in one shot), and it then got the kid.

Likewise, I'm betting one of the other group rescued the little girl too.

As for the RV...why do they keep clinging to that thing? Like another said, I'd be looking for a tricked out tour bus or something...hehe...

On the religious thing, I'd find it pretty hard to have faith in any God that would allow the majority of the world to turn into flesh eating monsters... I'd be thinking the other guy won, hands down... Especially when I ask for a sign, and that sign is my little boy getting shot within an hour!!! Here's your sign!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Is anyone else COMPLETELY DISAPPOINTED with this season?

I am so disgusted with how poor the writing is this time around. I'll spare everyone a long winded detailed diatribe for now but OMG this is tedious. High School students in an English composition class could put together a more realistic and compelling plot. This is TERRIBLE.

It took away any sense of dread and the characters are running around with their filler drama as if it's a Labor Day weekend getaway with pals.

I went from rating this show a 10 to a five and that is being generous.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I wish they would find sophia already! I think it's a little slower because they are developing the characters..I was shocked that loris preg. but I haven't read the comics...I think I am going to have to because I am DYING to know some things...

I think rick knows that shes preg...I think the guy at the cdc told him already..

LOVE Daryl..he's my favorite character...I would stick to him because he seems like the most likely to survive..I have been reading some of the comic breakdowns online..but it doesn't say if daryl gets killed or when. I think they need to wrap up this sophia bit and move along.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

I've read all the comics so feel free to PM me any time and I can help.

As for Daryl, he isn't in the comics but Kirkman said he has become such a popular fan favorite in the show that they will be incorporating him into the comics. Since they're on issue 91 now, I have a feeling Daryl will be in the show for a long time (but that's just my hunch- no spoilers or anything). They would have to be morons to kill him off since he carries the show most of the time.

Team Daryl!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Can somebody tell me if this season is better than the first season? I haven't yet seen it.

new topics

top topics

join