It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy George; 99% Printing Infographics On $1 Bills

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

These are my opinions not legal advice I am not a lawyer etc. etc. etc.

I still think I'm right. Actually considering calling Secret Service office tomorrow and asking. Not o Secret when their in the phone book!

Well it seems like you are advising people here to do this...so maybe you should find out if you are telling them to break the law before you spread this kind of message.

If they are your opinions...state them as opinions...not as facts.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I think that really only means if the bill is no longer recognizable, or if the amount is altered. I think it's legal.

When I say 'I think' it seems fairly obvious it is my opinion. I will edit the ONE post I made stating as 'fact' that this is legal.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Kudos to the movement. Seems as though my style of play is catching on. I began spreading the word via paper currency a couple of weeks ago, nothing as tidey as a rubber stamp, but I figured using their own money as tool to rally the masses was the perfect medium for expanding knowledge, and was nothing less than poetic.

As for the legality of tampering with cash: It is "technically" illegal, but very rarely enforced, so have your fun as it does not decrease the bill's worth at all. From what I understand, as long as the serial number can be read the money still holds "value." Here is a link for all your mutilated monetary needs...

Link
edit on 17-10-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

Who cares if the "elite" ever see it?....

an elite would probably frame it, put it in his den or office and laugh about it with the other 1%.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
moot point on legality folks

the paper US dollar is an instrument of debt - it is not 'money' and is not redeemable for its equivalent in gold or silver

on the 'currency' are the words, 'this note is legal tender for all debts public and private'

its funny to hear you say, the "one dollar bill"

in fact it is a bill, or invoice, for one dollar

when you hold a dollar in your hand you hold the debt of one dollar and become liable for and promisary or guarantor for that dollar

what a great invention in a slave society....

welcome to the real world, Neo

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Is it legal?

Lets ask the authorities how we should protest, maybe they can set out some rules for us to follow.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa
voiding your own money whilst complaining about not having money?
makes sense to me.

They must have plenty to spare and will also find that people will refuse to accept it along with the fact that the elites don't carry cash - they don't need to.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

All you are going to do is cause the treasury to print more bills to replace the defaced ones.

Amazing how people actually think this is a good idea. :shk:

If they are using all the presses to replace "funny" 1dollar bills, they're not using them to print unlimited 1000 dollar bills. Could be the inflation buster we've been looking for.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I love this idea!! This is a wonderful way to spread the OWS message..I use to get a few of the Where's George bills and had no problem useing them in the stores no one said we wont take them i don't think there would be a problem with marking the bills..Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
you know, most of the time i pay with a bill 20 or over, they take a marker and draw all over it to tell if its real. like the business cant afford a scanner even if its a macys or a bank itself
and as for the banks some of the bills usually have bank stamps and writing all over them for 'countrng' purrposes done by the bank. i've asked in the past and was told the bank is allowed to do whatever they want to the money 'for official use only' but not individuals.

figures. and i wont ask them, for i might be arrested just for asking nowadays!

so anyways, if the banks can do it, we can do it in moderation. you know who people have been writing around the margin for decades and getting away with it, im going to run a few bills thru my printer with yellow or light green ink and see if it stands out moderately but yet at same is not overly obtrusive.

wonder what is the best message though that is not part of the OCCUPY nwo psyop??

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The only problem I see with this is that the top 1% don't use $1 bills.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Those graphics are amazing.
In Canada the smallest bill is $5... Its an awesome idea, but I dont think it will fly up here.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Banks will just advise business owners to collect every defaced bill that comes in and turn them in at deposit time. Sure a few will get circulated around but nothing like what you are hoping for. As soon as a bill is spent in a store it will go into the extra bill slot and get turned into the bank... If anyone is really behind the protest I would say it will be a huge waste of your time. I suppose business owners supporting OWS might not turn them in, but aside from that....good luck

Personally, if I see one of these bills I will refuse to accept it as my change. I will insist I get a bill not defaced by those who are not representing my interests....

Just me though

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I am curious about one thing though....any of you even seen a 1K bill??? as in one thousand dollar bill?

Now if you REALLY want to make a statement get your stamp on a few of those and you'd get some attention LOL

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cinaed
I am curious about one thing though....any of you even seen a 1K bill??? as in one thousand dollar bill?

Now if you REALLY want to make a statement get your stamp on a few of those and you'd get some attention LOL

I'm pretty sure it's not to get the attention of the 1%. As previous posters said, the 1% don't use physical dollars and/or don't use 1 dollar bills.

The message is going out to the single mothers living pay check to paycheck. The message is going out to the guy that owes 100k in student loans but needs to clean toilets in the mean time in order to pay the student loans. The message goes out to the college graduate working at mcdonalds, or the gas station.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

I think you missed my point. See most of the 1% don't use those big bills either. The banks don't like to let the big ones into circulation....

So if a person DID manage to get some Cleveland's stamped that would raise lots of eye brows

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

The treasury isn't going to print new bills because of this.. that's absurd.
People write on bills all the time. There was an artist that changed the face of george to all kinds of interesting things (see here). Also, it's not meant to get into the hands of the 1% it's meant to get the attention of the people.

It's a cool and good idea and to anyone wondering no it doesn't void the bill. They are still good as long as the numbers on both side match.
edit on 18-10-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Thank you! It doesn't void the bill.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join