It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy George; 99% Printing Infographics On $1 Bills

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]I like it (:

I hope one ends up in the wallets of those who aren't paying enough attention and that it makes them think.

S&F
edit on 17-10-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
[color=dodgerblue]I like it (:

I hope one ends up in the wallets of those who aren't paying enough attention and that it makes them think.

S&F
edit on 17-10-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

I know!! I wish we could like send stamps to people but ats would be like: Whaaat? your actually trying to DO somthing?? *BANHAMMAH!*

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I think the infographic idea is worth noting. The guy who made the image in my signature line said basically that this was his little way to tell the abusive BOA that with all of their bailout money they still treat their customers like crap because they are too big to fail they think they can just treat their customers like cattle. The graphic response is one that will get some mileage. It also cost very little. The 99% will see it.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

Ha! Like the sig image. Both are a good idea. Technology is really making it a lot easier for voices to be heard these days.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by spw184

I know!! I wish we could like send stamps to people but ats would be like: Whaaat? your actually trying to DO somthing?? *BANHAMMAH!*

ATS is actually pretty awesome about not ban hammering. And they are letting us do something. There are a million threads about OWS full of discussion.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I'm off to the bank tomorrow. Going to get 100 crisp new $1.00 bills....oh yeah

OP...TY for the template link

edit on 17-10-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by spw184

ATS is actually pretty awesome about not ban hammering. And they are letting us do something. There are a million threads about OWS full of discussion.

Your right, they dont banhammar, they just go "Delete thread *trollface*" or t and c violation! manners! That is why I have like -2000 points xD

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
ITS A GOOD START!

its good to see that awareness is spreading, and at this explosive rate we SHOULD be able to get outta this hole before the whole thing collapses! hence no collapse...
edit on 17-10-2011 by Codazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
voiding your own money whilst complaining about not having money?
makes sense to me.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Hey can we get some sweet inforgraphics on some pennies and nickels? At the rate that we're going, that's all we'll have left carrying around.

I do think this is a great idea though. Good marketing, how ironic. That's what i think these OWS protests will accomplish: the spreading of the message.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa
makes sense to me.

._. and if people would care to listen to me, it wouldnt be void in your hands if you used time/photo sensitive ink ._.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
would these bills pass through bill validaters? I'm in vegas and could potentially get alot of these things circulating via good ol video poker machines!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
would these bills pass through bill validaters? I'm in vegas and could potentially get alot of these things circulating via good ol video poker machines!

if you wrote it in time/photo sensitive ink.

>_>

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I love this idea, and hope it spreads.... I have 2 thoughts about it. George Washington would be proud and could this potentially be a reason to go from paper currency to digital currency?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I can imagine merchants and others refusing to take money that has been altered that way. Could lead to some interesting confrontations while your trying to pay for your latte.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Oh yes...because the 1% use so many $1 bills

All you are going to do is cause the treasury to print more bills to replace the defaced ones.

Amazing how people actually think this is a good idea. :shk:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by spw184

Originally posted by lacrimosa
makes sense to me.

._. and if people would care to listen to me, it wouldnt be void in your hands if you used time/photo sensitive ink ._.

So you are willing to screw over someone else...and effectively steal by using money you know will be voided.

Just another reason I am shaking my head.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

The money is not voided in my opinion. The Secret Service determines when it has been defaced to the point that is no longer able to reissue the bills. These bills would not fall into that category as they are still easily identifiable/legible I believe.
edit on 17-10-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

The money is not voided. The Secret Service determines when it has been defaced to the point that is no longer able to reissue the bills. These bills would not fall into that category as they are still easily identifiable/legible.

Really???

I don't think you are qualified to make that call sir.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

These are my opinions not legal advice I am not a lawyer etc. etc. etc.

I still think I'm right. Actually considering calling Secret Service office tomorrow and asking. Not o Secret when their in the phone book!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join