It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Begins Huge Military Maneuvers Aimed at Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

US Begins Huge Military Maneuvers Aimed at Iran

www.infowars.com

The United States will this week commence huge military maneuvers aimed at Iran, with a massive air fleet patrolling middle eastern skies ready to land at any time, in response to Iran’s involvement in an alleged assassination plot that experts have labeled dubious, amidst fears that US and Israeli targets could be hit by attacks.

(visit the link for the full news article)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Its all Irak again but for Iran they had to delay the attacks a few times .. to recalculate many strategies

We will be very lucky if there is no attack planned before October end

Russia and China will never agree with the USA on another lie

Its time someone say ITS ENOUGHT
to Israel and US faces

As we reported last week, during US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta’s October 3 Tel Aviv visit, Israeli hawks attempted to persuade Panetta to give the green light for a military strike on Iran. Within ten days, details of an alleged assassination plot against a Saudi ambassador emerged and the foiled attack was blamed on Iran. Innumerable experts immediately voiced their doubts about the authenticity of the plot, with 21-year CIA veteran Robert Baer labeling the story “a truly awful Hollywood script”.

The US military will respond this week with a series of significant military maneuvers designed to threaten Iran, including, “an American air fleet in Middle East skies ready to land at any moment for any contingency,” reports DebkaFile.

“The United States launches a large-scale exercise over the Middle East deploying 41 giant transports of the 22nds Airlift Squadron Monday Oct. 17,” states the report, adding that the aircraft will be packed with fully equipped, battle ready troops.

A further seven warships from the Stennis Battle Group will also “provide ground troops with combat support and strike land and sea targets.”

The Israeli, Egyptian and Saudi armies have also been placed on maximum preparedness, echoing reports that U.S. troops being sent to the region have also been put on full alert.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:

Iran squares off against Saudi Arabia over Bahrain's annexation
Thousands greet Ahmadinejad on first state visit to Lebanon
Livni tells UN to mind its own business over flotilla probe
Netanyahu humiliates Obama again
Ahmadinejad blasts Israeli leader in Larry King interview
West needs to mobilize into coalition to strike Iran
2nd Lebanon War defeat was result of distance from God
Beirut wants Iran to equip Lebanon Army
Netanyahu "We will hit with immense force
Ahmadinejad challenges Obama to TV debate on solving world's problems
It's Official: "Arab Spring" Subversion U.S. Funded
Bolton: If Mubarak falls in Egypt, Israel should bomb Iran
Without Egypt, Israel will be left with no friends in Mideast
Assad warns of growing threat of Middle East war
Japan Skyscrapers Sway With 8.9 Earthquake but the WTC collapsed !! still beleive the 9/11 version?
Assad warns of growing threat of Middle East war
Castro to appear on TV Monday, government says
Israel convinces US with Credible military plan on Iran

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
It is pretty disturbing to have this developement.

The economy is about to go into free-fall, the President's numbers are down, disenchantment with his policies on both the right and the left, a growing movement of defiance and protests spreading across the country, an illegal gun running scandal that reaches to the favored son in the Dept of Justice and the White House including perjury and the death of a border agent.... hmmmm, time to divert people's attention...

I know, let's start another war.

I am afraid that this time... it won't be so "easy" as with Iraq and Afghanistan.... Iran has alliances with Russia and neighboring mid-East countries like Syria. The Saudis don't like Iran as they are not good for business... specifically oil.

This thing could escalate quickly...much like WWI where the smaller nations called on their allies to actually fulfill their promises.... and each time the allied countries grew larger and larger and the conflict spread from a region to continents to the world.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

This is most likely what it seems to be, a prelude to some type of escalation in the region. Just in case people want to doubt your source and bash Alex Jones, here is a more mainstream story from Israel.

US on High Alert, Conducts Drill in Israel and Saudi Arabia

These war criminals need to be stopped.
edit on 17-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

It would be comforting to say this surprises me, but it doesn't..

The US/Israel have made clear their intention and that is to attack Iran..

Regardless of what popular opinion is, they will still go ahead IMO..

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

At first I instinctively thought to myself, "so what? The military conducts war games all the time. And the enemies are always modeled after either, Russia, China, North Korea or Iran nowadays." Thank goodness I always question myself and perused the links.

Having just retired from the Army, I realized that I have not been involved in a major exercise that was not based upon furthering Middle East conflict. Specifically Iran, since 2004. I know the Navy has many exercises against a simulated China and the troops in South Korea always prepare for a NK invasion scenario.

Do any current military members remember war gaming against Russia? I don’t.

If President Obama is thinking that war time presidents get re-elected, he's got another thunk coming.

The world can ill afford another war. And I do mean afford. All too often wars have followed an ailing economy. The thinking is that a major war would grease the industrial gears and thin the herd.

But I believe this won’t be a replay of WW2 with a clear winner and all the rebuilding. A new Marshall plan won’t be in the wings.

I believe it will be catastrophic on a global scale.

And I keep having dreams that I am recalled to active duty.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
To be honest, im suprised it took so long. I always take what Alex Jones says with a grain and a half of salt though. He has been inaccurate for very long now on some things [while to be fair, he nails some things]
It's been the big topic for a while now, attack Iran then WWIII
Unfortunately it's one of those things that come and go, because ultimately it will happen, but it has not happened yet. So a bunch of predictions about when keep popping up since someone has to be right one of these times.

This case, there is actually some decent supporting evidence of this upcomming. I am not sure i agree with the statements AJ has been making on the 2 weeks timeframe, but i do agree it will be sooner than later. There is also a lot coming down the pipe saying a lot of our government is against it and it can still be squashed. I'll keep my eye on this one from the sideline until I know more

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by xPico
To be honest, im suprised it took so long. I always take what Alex Jones says with a grain and a half of salt though. He has been inaccurate for very long now on some things [while to be fair, he nails some things]
It's been the big topic for a while now, attack Iran then WWIII
Unfortunately it's one of those things that come and go, because ultimately it will happen, but it has not happened yet. So a bunch of predictions about when keep popping up since someone has to be right one of these times.

This case, there is actually some decent supporting evidence of this upcomming. I am not sure i agree with the statements AJ has been making on the 2 weeks timeframe, but i do agree it will be sooner than later. There is also a lot coming down the pipe saying a lot of our government is against it and it can still be squashed. I'll keep my eye on this one from the sideline until I know more

I've always took what AJ says with more than a grain of salt. More like a salt block for cattle.

But occasionally his staff hits on something.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

I couldn't agree more.

To me this seems like a diversionary tactic, to get people's attention away from the other problems in the US as of late.

The military industrial complex has wanted a war with Iran for a long time. The thing is, that Iran is no real threat to anyone, Ahmadinejad isn't even really in charge it's the Ayatollah. as a recent Cracked.com article put it best: "He's Iran's Joe Biden", just someone who consistently puts his foot in his mouth and really doesn't amount to much in the way of power. But they have brainwashed Americans to think that he actually holds sway over there.

It's a classic bait and switch tactic, and I think that the American people are fed up with sending our troops overseas to pointless and endless wars.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
US and Israel will stop their selfish wars
until the world is in flame

they dont care about the innocent arabs/persian who will die
they dont care about the US troops who are ready to die for "FREEDOM"

OWS might be the only chance we the people can say NO to Obama
OWA is the only chance to avert another illegal war

We need to continu to Occupy Wall Street before the elites occupy the world
and bring judgement day on everyone

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Was just going to start a thread about this. Guess I'll just add these pics. The source site is incredibly unreliable, but this guy was very bright and articulate. I'm about 90% sure he was trolling, but you never know.
edit on 17-10-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Well, if it is unstoppable, like most predict, what then will it possibly play out like?
Who will be the protagonists and the jhonny come latelys?
I recon that there may be some shift in alliances if the thing goes down.
I believe Turkey may just make a bid for the oilfields off of Cyprus.......
They have the military hardware and the troops to do it.
Though they are NATO members, they seem to be poised to fall into arab camp or go it alone....siding with the Gaza Palestinians in the blockade run last year, kinda puts them out of the circle as western allies.
Yet they hold a key airbase for the US in Iraq and Afghanistan....Incirlik air base.Which may still have atomic weapons stored there as well.....????!!
The shifting mix of friends and enemies leaves no really clear picture as to who will be bombing whom......

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The head of the military must be an utter idiot. USA with all the debts still going to war? Does the government seriously think that anyone will stay behind this war and support the troops?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The American people will never agree to another war. The country will spiral into chaos. Too many negatives will happen. The way I see it, the following will occur. Please remember this is just my opinion.

1) Israel strikes Iran with US backing.
2) Turkey gets fed up with Israel and attacks them.
3) Syria, Iran and Turkey (along with anyone else) go after Israel.
4) US in turn now expands their fight against Turkey and Syria
5) China, being allied with Iran, and already pissed off at us over their currency situation, dumps our debt.
6) Our economy collapses. The situation in the middle east shoots gas prices higher than ever before.
7) America retaliates against China.
8) China and Russia attack American interests in the middle east.
9) World War 3

Now again this is just simply my opinion of the situation. Frankly I don't think any of this will happen because I believe Congress and Obama would have to have balls of steel to even attempt action against Iran, simply because of American views. The man promised to get us out of Iraq and Afghanistan and yet we are in more conflict than ever before. If we (the US) did in fact get involved in more conflicts you can bet they would try and re-enact the draft, because there is frankly no one left to fight. I have friends in the military and some of them have been on 5 or more tours already!

What I would HOPE to see happen is that things simply cool off. We tell Israel if they want to go after Iran go ahead, but it will be without our support. We need to STOP getting into all these stupid conflicts for no reason. There is ZERO benefit to us as a nation. Only to a select few and of course to that troublesome little country who is our "greatest ally".

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

China, being allied with Iran, and already pissed off at us over their currency situation, dumps our debt.

I think a lot of people don't understand that if we fail, China fails. They can't 'dump our debt'.

Our economy collapses. The situation in the middle east shoots gas prices higher than ever before.

We get most of our oil from the US, Canada, Mexico and Venezuela. The vast majority. Middle East doesn't have the same stranglehold anymore. I agree gas prices would spike, but I don't think it would be as bad as everyone assumes.
edit on 17-10-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Do you have the link to that post on 4chan?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Do any current military members remember war gaming against Russia? I don’t.

We did it all of the time. I know because I was there for a couple of them. That's why we have so many bases in Europe. Our wartime gear was even stationed there permanently all we had to do was fly in and draw our equipment out of storage and head toward the war zone if necessary. It was called REFORGER or return of forces to Germany.

We practiced near the Soviet borders and REFORGER was a yearly multi-country war game aimed at stopping the Soviets over running Western Europe. They were aware of them and even spied when they could on how they were conducted.

Sort of the same happens with the Korea and China area.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

404ed last night. My buddy called me and told me to check it out, haven't been there in ages. I've got more screencaps, was amazing troll thread. OP was on his game. I wanted to believe!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join