It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Marine v 30 Police - Occupy Times Square - Cops lose

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
hahahaha , tip of the hat ,
that fellow can sleep on my porch or couch anytime.
heck id even throw a BBQ for him.

he speaks the truth and that is honorable.

I agree, he's a good man. Sadly there aren't many left these days.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Amazing, in both videos you posted are all normal people from every walk of life.

Just shows that when the media covers these events they tend to focus on the more hippy looking guys (not there there is anything wrong them) its just that the media tries to get across as it only being a "minority" or a "small group" or whatever.

That military guy is what i would call a true patriot to his country. I'm not american so i don't have much say in that respect, but i can tell he is disgusted by the way police are acting, and this is coming from a person who should be highly respected and i wouldn't be surprised if a few people change their stance of the protests by watching this guy speak about his views.

Quite shocking seeing that footage of the cop whacking the girl in the head with fists, even that poor bald guy gets thrown a few punches and the copper looks like he is enjoying it.

Rise up america, don't let the crap continue.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gseven
reply to post by srsen

I hate to rain on everyone's parade, but I have some issues with the claims of who this person is for several reasons:

As a former Marine, this guy is completely out of regulations, not just in small ways, but in really huge NASTY ways. NO self-respecting active duty Marine would dare go in public looking like this. It's my opinion that he borrowed a friend's uniform without their knowledge. There's nothing that would convince me he is either an active duty Marine or even a recently former Marine. NO WAY...
a.) No cammies are allowed to be worn in public off base....period.
b.) He's unshaven.
c.) He's not wearing his cover.
d.) His blouse is not only unbuttoned, but it's clearly too small.
e.) His sleeves aren't rolled properly.
f.) His green t-shirt is untucked.
g.) He is inciting a riot....IN UNIFORM AND ON CAMERA!!! HELLO!! NO military service member is allowed
to go on camera in uniform and speak with any sort of political overtones AT ALL.
h.) He's sporting ribbons on his unbuttoned cammie blouse...ribbons are not authorized for use on cammies,
and even if they were, he's wearing them improperly.

If by some off chance he IS a former Marine, he shames his Corps by the fact that he appeared so sloppily and attempted to speak on behalf of the Marine Corps, which he would never be allowed to do as an active duty Marine. I'm baffled that any former Marine would do this...he likely has a some adverse discharge on his record, OR has a few screws loose from his alleged time in Iraq.

Come on folks...don't believe everything you see.

edit on 17-10-2011 by Gseven because: typo

edit on 17-10-2011 by Gseven because: correction

I am a Marine, everything quoted here is 100% correct. He is unbecoming of a Marine. While I agree with what he was saying to the police, I don't agree with using the Marine Corps as a shield of social armor.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I am a Marine, everything quoted here is 100% correct. He is unbecoming of a Marine. While I agree with what he was saying to the police, I don't agree with using the Marine Corps as a shield of social armor.

They likely should if they're seeing the country going down the tubes. Someone has to do something, even if it means substantial risk. People listen to and respect our armed forces, which is likely why they don't want you guys getting involved.

Some rules should be broken if the cause is just and honorable.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
That guy was amazing man... good on him.

He said mostly good and decent things and the stupid, ignorant things he said I'll put down to emotion.

Either way, if they had 50-100 guys like that surrounding/protecting the core of the protesters or going round checking for police brutality, there would be a lot less trouble.

I wanted to add to this..

He talks about honour and innocent civilians and so on.

There is no honour in invading countries and murdering civilians.
This was what I was also saying, not just about "Go to Iraq and kill and assault innocent people" comments.

It was absolute hypocrisy for him to say what he said like the armed forces are somehow this amazing, noble peacekeeping force who never kills innocents

Also even if the guy is not a Marine (maybe discharged for mental health reasons, maybe just a guy who got a jacket and did it for the cameras) doesn't matter.

The core of what he was saying and trying to do is the same.... he has some valid points.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The problem with this video is that the police did not lose a thing.

The police didn't act probably because they thought that it was not worth the trouble to try to arrest a big, trained and obviously upset man that was only shouting, but the end result was that everything was the same as it was before.

Yes, some thousands of people may see this video, but what will it change? Are they going to act any different because of what we can see on the video or are they just say "good for him" and move along?

And even if it's true that the police should not hurt unarmed civilians, the unarmed civilians should also cooperate with the authorities, if they want to keep a demonstration peaceful and according to the law.

As for police brutality, that's nothing special, just the result of too many people on a relatively small space, with nobody to organize their movements or their distribution on that area. At least it's what it looks like to me.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

I don't know. What I'm seeing, is an unruly crowd looking for a fight. At least at the very front of the line. It looks to me like provocation. It's that 10% of idiots who get the rest in trouble. There is only one real reason to be up close and personal with the cops in a situation like this and that's not to exchange love letters.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
hmmmmm...the jury is still out on this guy...something seems off

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

I agree. Furthermore, the way he's wearing his uniform, reminds me of the way Vietnam protestors hijacked military uniforms. This guys doesn't act like a Marine in any way shape or form. However, just because he's unshaven and is wearing the uniform all wrong and out of whack, doesnt mean he isn't a former Marine. It just means he has contempt for what he was. Or stole the uniform.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
seriously , you guys need more big marines in the mix

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by balon0
Look at those stupid pigs. They should be sent to Iraq or Afghanistan. Lets see how tough they are there with their guns and pepper-spray.

While watching the clip, I watched the faces of those "Pigs" as you say (I still call them Cops or Police officers). It looked like most agreed with the guy and have issues with what they are being told to do in the case of passive resistance.

But in the heat of the moment, are you telling me that you'll just roll over when someone threatens you with violence?

They let him speak his mind and no trouble insued. That's a good thing.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
americans be careful , because as soon as the police start beating you in the streets under orders from government you no longer live in a democracy you live in a facist police state !

Dont let the facists win , they are stealing your right to protest against corruption

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

his shirt is the wrong size?? get serious... coz people never lose or gain weight??

..and spouting all the other protocols he has broken mean nothing. The man has served his country and is fed up. It takes more bravery to break the rules and stand up for what he believes in. He states his name and rank, if he was faking being a marine he wouldn't do that would he?

S&F

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
That man is a giant in every sense. Just incredible courage. Made me proud and hopeful of our military, something I haven't felt in a while.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

What makes you think they are not in a Fascist State Already?

Unless you have been in hiding. The Police over there have already been beating Peaceful Protestors/Innocent People.

Also for those who are saying this is just one marine.

There is images being posted elsewhere. Showing more Marines At the Protests in Wall Street. However I will check the validity of them before posting them!
edit on 17-10-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Funk bunyip

It happens a lot actually.
Google "Fake Navy Seals" or "Exposing Military Phonies."

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

A Democracy is worse then a Fascist State. There, you actually have someone in charge. In a democracy, it's total and complete Mob Rule.
I think you mean a "Republic."

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by arcnaver

Well we have his name and rank.. can't be too hard to verify OR debunk.. i guess we will find out if he is legit soon enough

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win" - Gandhi
edit on 17/10/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join