It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Marine v 30 Police - Occupy Times Square - Cops lose

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by Stratus9
The OWS refuses to have a leader...

But... It has leaders.

Ad Busters owns the copyright and main websites, which the 'group' uses to organize and execute plans.

Ad Busters is a anti-corporation-corporation.

edit on 10/17/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

Yes leader's' Any one of which could fall by the wayside and the movement would not fall apart. Get the genius behind that? That is what our Country was built on originally- a democratic system.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChesterJohn
From what I saw he started it. If you even push a cop or sometimes just poke a finger you can be charged whit assault on an officer. the police hitting in his head was a little much but they are allowed to use what ever force necessary to keep them from braking a blockade.

No.

The police, is there to protect the people ... not the 1% of the people, against the other 99%. This is their job, and this is what they have sworn to do. In reality, the cops are traitors ... and should be treated as such. If this goes out to be a war, they should be judged as such ...

The entire world is at it's feet, this is not a time to stand idle and allow the few to screw the life for the rest of the world.

It is a human right, to assembly ... it is a human right, to protest ... and as we speak, the cops in the US, as well as in the rest of the western world, are aiding in removing those human rights. Not only these, but others as well ...

As I said ... there is only one way, and that is to take up arms and revolt ...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

Exactly, to protect and serve and uphold the law.

Not randomly assault protesters and walk around pumped up looking for someone to club and beat down.

They are hurting the very people they swore to protect.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
What do people mean when they say that the OWS movement has no leaders?
I see one right here.
Who's going to stand with him?

We're all standing up with him. More people are standing up ever single day. We're in over a thousand cities in 82 or more countries TODAY.

Choose what side you are going to fight for, people; the rich Globalists or the innocent PEOPLE of the world.

Because mark my words, a war is coming, and it will be fought on EVERY front. You won't be able to get out of the way, you will HAVE to make a stand or be TRAMPLED ON.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ovumcranium
Wow. Hope u-tube doesn't delete this clip. Didja catch the look on all those cops faces?? The size of that guy, and his obvious "mana" was too much for them. One cop who came on the scene later looked like he could be a scary jerk though..

MANA

In Polynesian culture, mana is a spiritual quality considered to have supernatural origin—a sacred impersonal force existing in the universe. Therefore to have mana is to have influence and authority, and efficacy—the power to perform in a given situation. This essential quality of mana is not limited to persons—peoples, governments, places and inanimate objects can possess mana. There are two ways to obtain mana: through birth and through warfare. People or objects that possess mana are accorded respect because their possession of mana gives them authority, power, and prestige. The word’s meaning is complex because mana is a basic foundation of the Polynesian worldview.

edit on 17-10-2011 by ovumcranium because: added "mana" definition

Awesome thankyou for posting this very intreasting quote about Mana but i think we can also call this bravery, compassion and attitude brought on by adversity, fear and pain but this is just my humble opinion. I live in NYC
and though I've had some run ins with the police I have never been one to start any trouble with them but there have been times i have been verbally assulted by these NYC cops though not many! When one is handed power
without having respect for his own authority there is an abuse of power! I'm sure we have all heard the saying "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutly" well that has never been more true then right now
in this city, nation and world! Though I don't agree that protesting this way could be the path to fix our system because all i foresee is violence instigated by factions of infiltrators that will undermine peaceful demonstration!
I believe that we can all have much more of an effect through boycotting that which empowers these corporations,
entities and politicians. In this way of demonstrating there will be no violence, arrest or alienation of the public and it's also much more likely to get our message accross! Though this is just my opinion and we would all need to sacrifice our luxuries and i don't think most people are too keen on doing this!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

You can't get much better than a peaceful demonstration. Yes, you can boycott goods and services, (see what happened at BOA) but you still need to be seen to do so, otherwise it is just so much propaganda. Then you can protest the right to assembly, (see what happened at the Jefferson memorial) Then you can protest at police brutality, (see what happened at the Jefferson memorial part 2) overriding factor, police overstating their powers big time. The big marine made wee boys out of them, but they were also deferential towards him, not like the guy, (not a woman, but makes no difference) who was fisted in the face, just shows you doesn't it.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Anyone else think he was a PTB plant?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by moondoggy2

Nope I don't think so. So if fire-fighters went down there and supported the OccupiedW/S would you call them planted individuals also?

No you would not so what is the difference?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Desert digital camo can be bought at surplus herbies for $40.00.

Wouldn't make him a serviceman.

Anyways, he is lucky he didn't get a jack boot in the throat screaming like that.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by lnfidel

Yes thats true, although most of those coppers would have needed a step ladder to get thier boot high enough to clear the top of his sternum. Not a small dude.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
It all started in one person in the crowd tried to remove a barricade, the fighting started only after a protestor pushed a cop up unto that point everyone was pretty much keeping it cool. Once the punch took place the cops started hitting that person and then others started fighting the police as well.

WOW you didn't see that happen at the tea party protests. Flea bags

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Ex

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

I some how missed this on ATS and was shown by a friend yesterday!
I was so happy to see how this went, tells alot about our policeforce as well as
One lone American with the power of truth and strength on his side.

I still wonder why the Tea Party didn't have police presence at their gathers?
Yet, a peaceful demonstration of Americans right to protest is being
bullied and harrassed.

God Bless our forfathers !
God Bless the Constitution!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Awesome video. Girls smile says it all, guy has a huge heart.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
They don't call my beloved Marine Corps, America's 911 force, for nothing!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

I saw this on TV; this may not be the greatest effort to provide the educational activity that the public needs to participate in the democratic process but it is a great motivational video and it can be followed up by many other activities. Clearly this could go a long way to set the stage for many other activities in the right direction.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
New interview with the guy,

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I am having a truly hard time understanding the comments in regards to this post. It appears a majority of the people here support this Marine, clearly acting out to get attention.

Yes, he has the right to voice his opinion yet I am sure there are laws about indecency and noise pollution in the NYC. Even if there wasn't laws in regards to this...... he is trying to intimidate and prevoke the police. This man is clearly a media hog looking for a way to the major TV outlets for interviews, etc.

I have shown this video to all of my fellow Marine friends. All state this man is a disgrace. As I agree. He is wearing the uniform as an employee thus speaking on the behalf of the USA. His job is not to speak for the USA, we have people whom do that for us, whether right, wrong, or indifferent. If he wants a public speaking job for the US then apply for it. The avenues that his opinions are expressed are very wrong.

Put on street clothes and give our rant pal.........

Oh my.... the video above my post just solidifies everything I stated. His "uhh" and "you know" just add to my rant. I cant make it past one minute of this video. Idiocracy here we come.
edit on 24-10-2011 by RufNUsd because: Watched news video.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

Thank you........ Im glad Im not the only one seeing this from the other side.. In addition, the video is edited not allowing all to be seen up to the polices POV.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

So this is uhhh and you know you've got to you know uhhh take this to the streets you know. Uhhhhh.

Brain Slurpee........

Cheers.....

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join