It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Marine v 30 Police - Occupy Times Square - Cops lose

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

I delted the whole comments.

I am taking nothing to do with this Pissing contest. MOVING on and out of this thread. It is becoming derailed.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Vortiki

Exactly... I've said in another thread... nobody wants violence but nothing has ever been achieved without it.
All the recent uprisings across the middle east.... did they just camp out with tents and hope someone would listen (and I don't mean that as disrespect, I respect the occupy movement a lot) or did they get nasty and actually DO something.

You can't fight corruption and greed and with morals and ethics.

This "transition" if it happens (I don't see it but we'll see I guess) then it will have to be violent and nasty for it to work.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vortiki
reply to post by Jepic

What happens to the "contingency plan" when the entire damned military JOINS THE REVOLUTION? huh? what happens then? They just gonna nuke our own country right? You're an idiot, you're doing nothing but trolling here, nothing you say has the slightest relevance to the topic at hand. Then only thing you've done is come here and try to talk down about a movement you are completely ignorant about. If you don't like it then shut the f%^& up and put your damned nose back into what YOUR country is doing.
edit on 17-10-2011 by Vortiki because: (no reason given)

That is the whole point. Once you even try to start a revolution, they will move in and declare a curvew. You better obey the order like your life depends on it. Because it does. Once you have calmed down, you will be able to go out and carry on with your life. If they even smell the scent of revolution in the air again, they will declare curfew again! And pardon me, but even the military's patience runs out.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

You mean innocent like a mother of two children that has to work two jobs to barely make ends meet? you mean those type of innocent people that have to pay MORE taxes than rich people? Those innocent people?

Or do you mean the innocent banking cartels that have been raping our entire country since the invention of the federal reserve?

Perhaps you mean the innocent police that are beating the living hell out of everyone up there for no reason other than it's what they are told to do. Grow up.

you can't be peaceful all the time. I am capable of being realistic and seeing this fact of life regardless of how ugly it is. I suggest others start seeing life in a more realistic light as well.

It would be nice to have everyone just get along and everyone listen to what is being said, but that isn't how the world works.

The powerful want to stay in power and make the gap between them and the "powerless" larger and larger with each passing moment. Now that the "powerless" are starting to stand together everyone is getting worried.

If you seriously think any of these people are going to listen to you just because you're being peaceful, you are sorely mistaken. Police don't care about you. Banks don't care about you. Government doesn't care about you. You're nothing but a face in a sea of faces, a freaking statistic.

link   

Originally posted by theruthlessone
reply to post by jhn7537

Well i honestly hope it does it, as we need change globally it just infuriates me when people say america/australia is there country when in fact its not its land that was invaded and taken of the natives

I'm not sure why it infuriates you. It's happened since the earliest days of man where civilizations and territories have been invaded and taken by other groups of people...IMO this is just how the world works and has worked for thousands of years...

link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

reply to post by jhn7537

" Oh shut up.... This is our country WE TOOK IT "

and by the sounds of it its been taken again

The difference is we will fight for our country and not give it up.....the 1% will have to take down the 99%
edit on 17-10-2011 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

And you know what happens after? Another 1% will come out of the 99%. You know why? Because that is the nature of humans.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Who is going to enforce the curfew after the military joins the revolution? The police? dude the police are nothing anymore. what are the police going to do against military? Just start shooting people? Yeah right, you're living in make believe world and American revolution is taking you out of your comfort bubble is all it amounts to.

Don't be so worried about what happens over here, you just worry about your country.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

it could of happened since the first day of man but that does not make it right nor should it be forgot anyway seen as this is off topic we'll leave it at that

link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave

Originally posted by Section31
"OccupyWallStreet" is going to do something BIG soon.

Everyone I talked to offline knows it.

Once they cross that line, I am 100% behind the police and military.

Martial law will be declared soon, and it will be due to this movement's next actions.

Remember, laws protect private citizens (bystanders) as well.

edit on 10/17/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

Instead of being vague, declare right now what these people will do. Otherwise, I'll dismiss you as a shill or planted spook.

You can stand with the police. Just don't get upset when you end up being cut down just like them.

I have to say, I agree that the police will eventually stop saber rattling and crack down, and it will be because these OWS step over some line. The protesters want it to happen. I have been watching the activity and it's way different from the Tea Party. In the Tea Party, if a cop asks you to disperse you disperse, if a cop says you are being illegal, you make the arrangements to be legal. These OWS people are deliberately baiting the cops and trying to start something, even if it's an unwillingness to disperse from parks. It looks to me like they want a Tahrir square moment after all. The cops are clearly trying to keep their cool in this vid.

link   

Originally posted by Jepic

reply to post by jhn7537

" Oh shut up.... This is our country WE TOOK IT "

and by the sounds of it its been taken again

The difference is we will fight for our country and not give it up.....the 1% will have to take down the 99%
edit on 17-10-2011 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

And you know what happens after? Another 1% will come out of the 99%. You know why? Because that is the nature of humans.

No, it is YOUR nature. Do not project your own habits onto all those of humanity. If this was true do you honestly think any of us would be out there protesting? If it was true we would all be back at our dead end jobs trying to muster up what tiny amount of money we could to get rich.

link   

Originally posted by KryptKeeper
The only thing I keep asking myself is what result do we actually want from this movement? answer me that and make it clear and clean cut. I honestly don't understand what the hell we want to gain from all this. That is the biggest question. What do you WANT? Is it for the millionaire CEO's and bankers to cave and start handing all their money to all the people protesting? What do you really want that will improve the standard of living for the average American?

Sorry I had to cut your post a bit.
But maybe to give some kind of answer, what is gone is gone, and there is not much that could be done about it, except maybe a high profile fraud squad spending the next ten years weeding out the fraudsters, because the money has gone somewhere, and it is money wer'e talking about. Anyway what the banks must do, from now on, is have their own real collateral preserve for all their customers, after all the banks always seek proof of collateral when they are lending to you don't they? well not really, that's how things got out of hand and the banking crooks got the upper hand. There should be a way in realtime whereby banks must suspend new account openings if their real collateral customer preserve is threatened, or an opt-out for those newbies who like to gamble, or 'Speculate' I don't know about you, but I just like to be secure, rather than rich, or super rich. to me that means having enough for the things I need in my environment, and frankly it's not a lot, for a quality life.

Banking bonuses really got up peoples noses and I think quite rightly so, there should be a moratorium,(not using the word in the strictly legal sense) on all banking bonuses in respect to all those banks that were in trouble and saved by government, (peoples funds) after all it is now those banks that owe you THEIR overdraft big time...btw, have your banking charges gone down? bonuses should be forfeit in lieu of that overdraft don't you think? The banks got unqualified protectionism and top cats are laughing their legs off, except now, there is currently OWS and equivalents, make the best of it.
edit on 17-10-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

An incursion like that would've lit up Times Sq like New Years Eve and it would've ended up bad for NYPD!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vortiki
reply to post by Jepic

Who is going to enforce the curfew after the military joins the revolution? The police? dude the police are nothing anymore. what are the police going to do against military? Just start shooting people? Yeah right, you're living in make believe world and American revolution is taking you out of your comfort bubble is all it amounts to.

Don't be so worried about what happens over here, you just worry about your country.

You have translated the actions of a few military officers as if the entire military complex is going to help "OccupyWallStreet".

Wrong.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Wait one moment, you have done more trolling in the last half hour or so, Than I have ever done in the time I have been a member on ATS, Epic fail there dude! And you have derailed this Thread on Purpose.
edit on 17-10-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by theruthlessone

Fair enough... And now back to those di.ck head 1%......

Does anyone know how many days OWS has been going on for now? Are you surprised that we arent hearing more from our politicians about this?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

edit on 10/17/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

reply to post by theruthlessone

Does anyone know how many days OWS has been going on for now? Are you surprised that we arent hearing more from our politicians about this?

Obama and the Democrats in congress came out in support of "OccupyWallStreet".

You have to watch the news more.

As a matter of fact, Democrat leaning unions are funding this group.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Vortiki

over time there would be another 1% come through unless we go through drastic spirtual change and we live for one another not just for a monetry system

im sure the british royal family are in the 1% but yet i hear nothing of overturning them aswell

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

I delted the whole comments.

I am taking nothing to do with this Pissing contest. MOVING on and out of this thread. It is becoming derailed.

Thread's topic is "OccupyWallStreet".

Unless this guy went to a union meeting, the conversation is still on the main topic.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join