It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herman Cain under fire over '9-9-9' tax plan as he admits some Americans will pay more,Defends

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Meet The Press
Source

Source freep

"Some people will pay more. But most people will pay less," Cain said.

"The American people understand it and are going to demand it," he said.

'I do dispute that,' Cain countered. 'Who will pay more? The people who spend more money on new goods. The sales tax only applies to people who buy new goods not used goods. That's the big difference that doesn't come out,' he said.

On The Meet Press MSNBC show Herman Cain admitted for the first time since the last two debates that his 999 Plan would raise taxes on the middle class and the poor well claiming that some will pay less.

Its pretty obvious on who are the "some" that Cain mentioned of, in my view i think the some are the wealthy rich elites.

Among on other things Herman Cain defended his pro-choice by saying

considering other options

I am not sure whose worse here let it be Mit Romney,Perry,Rick or either Herman Cain the Herman Cain who also hired a canadian firm to to Outsource Jobs.

Source

edit on 17-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Cain is a corporatist that would sell all of us up the creek. You folks that hate obama but love Cain need to realize that there is no difference.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Whenever I hear 9-9-9 I can't help but to think to myself "Ninth Three-Year Plan".

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
americans are going to demand it?

funniest thing ive heard all day.

please government take my money lol

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Cain on the president's idea:

Wallace: What do you think of the president's new plan to tax millionaires?
Cain: Bad idea.

On his own idea:

Some people will pay more...The American people understand it and are going to demand it.

Both Mitt Romney and Rick Perry say ”Government doesn’t create jobs” but argue, constantly, over which of their governments created more jobs.

I wouldn't vote for him but at least Ron Paul can keep his story straight.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Herman Cain is more of a tool than a philips screw driver, and he's sure to screw all of us just as easily as one. Anyone voting for this guy is either filthy rich or doesn't know the first thing about poitics.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I think it would be justified that those who do not pay income tax would have to if something like "9-9-9" went into practice. It seems that the ones who scream the loudest are those who shoulder the least burden.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Would this not make our sales tax go way up? We do not currently have a NATIONAL sales tax but merely a state sales tax. So from what I can tell it would just add the two together. That means for me in SC i would pay the normal 6.25% plus this national 9%. Am I right?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This man is an outrage. He makes my bood BOIL. I do not see how he is so far above in the poles. This is a outright LIE. This mans plans are an outrage to everyone in the U.S.A. His plan is for 9% across the board. His plan extends to people that don't even have a job. If you don't have a job, the 9% that you owe for the year will be taxed on you anyways and you will have to pay or be forced in Jail ,because you cannot pay it. Also, HE says that there will be NO MORE social security and that the fund is all dried up anyways. He plans to cut everything there is. WHO WILL BE EFFECTED. The elderly. Cut off will commence the day he gets elected. That means that those who can collect before he got elected will continue to get paid, but those after trying to get social security check will not get any. He says that if people need any help that they should look to their local charity. He also states that back in the day we, never had social security and were ok then. OH REALLY. Does this man know how far social security extends? Our veterans who have dissabilities for defending our country will be cut off. Anyone who is on social security will be CUT OFF. The blind,the mentally ill,the people who have medical conditions that will die early in life, the handicapped, down syndrome peoples and any handicapped person you can think of will no longer get a check. Talk about, a CHAOS WAITING TO HAPPEN. All medical thru social security will be cancelled.He BASICALLY says, just roll over and DIE already, attitude. He is cutting everywhere, he is a MAD MAN. We need to CUT HIM, from the presidency election period. If he gets elected, then AMERICA IS TRULY DEAD. He says that america will pick up. WTF. Excuse me, if you take checks away and the buisnesses go overseas and go out of buisness How the F# , can things get better , FOOL. YOU made them worse. When this happens i can honestly say, chaos in the streets, LITERALLY. Maybe this is the way they enact martial law and psss us off. This man is an ABOMINATION and should be treated as such. How can this man be leading in the poles. NO WAY. Noone in their right mind would want to get thier social security checks cut off, medical benefits cut off and all dissabled peoples cut off. Think about it. If you cannot pay your 9% taxes and you go to court and loose, you go to jail because you cannot pay them and on top of that you get court fees,penaulties. We all know how the fed. works. They get thier money first and don't care if your family starves out in the streets and they add all kinds of fees and take your money out of the bank tricks. You people who get checks to be in this country. NO MORE. Somalians getting a check, NO MORE. You will get cut. He will cut on a state level, and will introduce more taxes on all goods. Have you noticed. Everything you buy is getting smaller. Just yesterday i wanted to get laundary soap. The box was half the size and was the same price as before. The buisness sectors are already getting on the bandwagon to cover higher costs. We are getting better? WHAT? How can things be better when you LOOSE your job, everything you consume is smaller and costs more, Your wages are less when you get a new job, Housing is still the same high price and will likely get higher due to this,raising gas prices, F# raising of everything. I would be here for a week trying to list everything that will be going up. This man needs to be pushed out of office. He will kill the U.S.A for good. ALL SOCIAL SECURITY peoples, TEENS, finding new jobs after college will find NO JOBS in sight. How can this be better. My blood is boiling. This man is an ABOMINATION and must be stopped NOW, before it is to late.
Pay,Pay,Pay and all they do is spend,spend,spend. It is the same tactic every time. The words of HOPE, and everything WILL GET BETTER. CHANGE. Yeah, right. It is CHANGING alright, FOR THE WORSE. DO NOT ELECT THIS MADMAN.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Why start the hate on Hermain Caine?

At least the 9 9 9 plan is that A PLAN.

Cain has said it could be 5 5 5 the number is just a number!!!

Some will pay less some will pay more it is a FAIR TAX..

You keep the money in your check!!!!

It sounds racially motivated

Some people do not like that he is fully black while Obama is not....

He would be the real first black president..

No he is not a political puppet, he has never held a political office
and the man believes he can help this country, he is a great businessman
that is why the establishment hate him!!!
Why are you using Pizza as the new blacks and fried chicken stereotype?
sickening to say the least

Stop with the RACISM.!!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Having a plan is nice. Having a plan that drags the public outside and #s them in the street, is not nice.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

At least the 9 9 9 plan is that A PLAN.

Cain has said it could be 5 5 5 the number is just a number!!!

Some will pay less some will pay more it is a FAIR TAX..

You keep the money in your check!!!!

No he is not a political puppet, he has never held a political office
and the man believes he can help this country, he is a great businessman
that is why the establishment hate him!!!
Why are you using Pizza as the new blacks and fried chicken stereotype?
sickening to say the least

Stop with the RACISM.!!

I am sure you would like to have no social security and when you get old or dissabled or in a car wreck or any other dissables you would gladly get cut. RIGHT. I'm sure you would like things to cost more, RIGHT. I'm sure you don't have to worry about money like the rest of us. RIGHT. You either ,do not care, have lots of money, Ignorant of what he said or you are one of THEM.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Stop with the RACISM.!!

Here we go...

When people critique a person's campaign, there are calls of racism because of the color of his skin. This is not racial based. It's happened with Obama, and now with Cain.

Where in this thread has race been brought up? Oh that's right, in your response.

This thread is about the 9/9/9 plan raising taxes on the Poor and Middle Class. It is not fair, when you consider that 9 percent to someone making 20,000/yr has more of an impact on that person and family then 9 percent from someone making 1,000,000/yr. The only people that would be taxed less are those at the top.

Separating this into a race and racism debate, just continues to further separate us the people. Divide and conquer tactics.....

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Not a single person has said anyhting about him being black. I dont give a # if he is black or white or anything else as long as he knows how to run a country. And this plan is not the way to do it.

And like I said before, adding a national sales tax on top of the state sales tax is the first thing I noticed and it is completely BS. Not to mention everything else being discussed here!
edit on 17-10-2011 by canoland because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Tax on top of TAX. Hmm, sounds like a good decision to keep buisnesses in the U.S.A. NNNNOOOOOOTTTTTT. This is your OBAMA CHANGE at work. Soon there will be no buisness in our country. All you CRONIES need to do now is elect Herman Cain. OH, did i mention he will get rid of social security.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Warren Buffett, that billionaire asking the government to raise his taxes would pay zero income taxes under the 999 plan. Why? Charitable donations would remain tax deductible, so all of Mr. Buffett's donations would cover his tax expenditures.

Meanwhile, you and I would have to pay higher taxes, because suddenly...everything we buy is more expensive on top of our nearly complete lack of deductions.

Make under $30,000/year? No tax deduction. Trying to feed five kids at the same time? No tax deduction.

Yes, taxes will go up...for the poorest people in the country. Taxes will go way down, if not be completely eliminated, for the richest.

That's the system you're advocating. That's the system Herman Cain wants to institute.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Stop with the RACISM.!!

I've never heard anyone on ATS say anything racially motivated towards Cain -- even here in this thread.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Watch this...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by squidboy

Stop with the RACISM.!!

Here we go...

When people critique a person's campaign, there are calls of racism because of the color of his skin. This is not racial based. It's happened with Obama, and now with Cain.

Where in this thread has race been brought up? Oh that's right, in your response.

This thread is about the 9/9/9 plan raising taxes on the Poor and Middle Class. It is not fair, when you consider that 9 percent to someone making 20,000/yr has more of an impact on that person and family then 9 percent from someone making 1,000,000/yr. The only people that would be taxed less are those at the top.

Separating this into a race and racism debate, just continues to further separate us the people. Divide and conquer tactics.....

Thank you squidboy for that that was what the point of my thread its about taxes, not racism, i have seen this type of behavior with obama, you know i kinda understand what obama must be going through when they the neocons attack him and the pure nonsense of the birth certificate issue.

No offense but the battle over obamas birth certificate is qutie nonsense if you ask me.
edit on 18-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I don't particularly support Cain, mainly due to his involvement with the Federal Reserve, but his plan will make some of the poorer pay their taxes like the rest of us do. Fairness and equality for all.

/TOA

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join