It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farenheit 9/11 Theatre Bias.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I was looking forward to seeing this movie but I live in western NC. The whole area is Southern Baptist Extremists. They did not show this movie within an hours drive of this place and there are 10 different theaters! The Passion of the Christ was at every theater and sold out for weeks.

Is it legal for them to censor the movies we watch like this? It's really rediculous the way people think around here.

[edit on 30-8-2004 by IXRAZORXI321]

[edit on 30-8-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Nobody is censoring anything.

It is the decision of each theater's owner whether or not they show the movie.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Which is censorship. They have censored the movie. You write a book, a town bans it, it is censorship. You make a movie, the town of whatever bans it, it is censorship.

It is not mass censorship, but still censorship.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Nobody is censoring anything. It's called free enterprise and any business owner knows that in order to turn a profit, you have to cater to your market. If your community is comprised of mostly right-winged conservatives, don't expect left-winged propaganda to be played in the theatres.

The good news for you is that the movie should be out on DVD shortly. Hang in there.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Wasn't Farenheit 9/11 going to only open in certain theatres anyway? I was thinking that it was only going to open in some 600 or so theatres in the USA.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trojanex
Nobody is censoring anything.

It is the decision of each theater's owner whether or not they show the movie.

Actualy, I have 3 different versions of the movie, 1 shown in most of the EU, 1 shown in the UK and one shown in the US(al though some US theaters opted for the EU version)

The EU version is what you would call the unedited full version, where the UK and US versions have several scenes cut out, some scenes actualy so important to the movie that they rip near half of it out of context ...

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Out of Context?

gimme a break!
MM's M.O. is to take things out of context, and make a movie that reflects his bias.
I will admit that he is a lucky man however..He has a sixth sense when it comes to knowing how many folks will fork over 7-10 bucks to see CRAP flung
onto a giant screen.

Also if you really need to see the movie, download the thing...MM has given his permission..

why would a theatre owner in a Bible belt area, think it was good business to
put a movie like that on one of his screens?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I was looking forward to seeing this movie but I live in western NC

While you are waiting for this movie to come to a theater near you let me suggest you buy a copy of the book "Michael Moore is a big fat stupid American". Too many people are taking this movie seriously and believing it to be 'fact' when it is not.

If you don't want to buy the book at least visit the following links:

www.davekopel.org...

and

www.moorelies.com...

I hope you will read these while you are waiting to see the movie and I hope that it isn't a matter of censorship that is causing the delay in your area!

Jemison

[edit on 30-8-2004 by Jemison]

top topics

join