It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Suzuki at #OccupyMontreal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Well first, a little on David Suzuki

In recent years, Suzuki has been a forceful spokesperson on global climate change, not always without controversy. In February 2008, he urged McGill University students to speak out against politicians who fail to act on climate change, stating "What I would challenge you to do is to put a lot of effort into trying to see whether there's a legal way of throwing our so-called leaders into jail because what they're doing is a criminal act."[8][9]
Suzuki is unequivocal that climate change is a very real and pressing problem and that an "overwhelming majority of scientists" now agree that human activity is responsible. The David Suzuki Foundation website has a clear statement of this

He is very active against the environmental issues that are plaguing the world now. Due to legislation passed by Harper, our environmental budget has been cut, and scientists are actually not allowed to talk about global warming in canada. Deliberatly sabotaged, now look at the tar sands, You can see the tarsands from SPACE! That is how polluted it is.

Interview:

And a good 11 minute documentary on the Tar sands:

edit on 17/10/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Better hit the edit before someone calls you out on the spelling of his name.
Wax on wax off

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Meh i am no fan of David Sazuki because due to his CFL Lightbulb stance and the way he defended the lightbulb ban.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
Better hit the edit before someone calls you out on the spelling of his name.
Wax on wax off

Good call, lol

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
david suzuki is an arrogant tool. a common trait found in environmentalists. he has no problem using a laptop, a car, electricity, his stove, his radiation emitting cell phone and freon gas fridge.

and i'm pretty sure he doesn't steam ship across the atlantic when he goes on one of his book speaking tours.

which by the way is made up of "murdered" trees.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Yeah, so he's not perfect, but he does make some good points about the future for the upcoming generations and about how we have lost our democracy. That last point is well illustrated in the second video. Thanks for showing these. I had not seen them before.

new topics

top topics

join