It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy SF Cops Incoming!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The cops are incoming on Occupy San Francisco,

www.livestream.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
so it begins..

Yay! I got to say it again!!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
What i'm hearing is they're deciding what to do, they want to get the gear out, perhaps so they dont have it all confiscated, its in the makings now. The cops are just down the street. About 40 in riot gear, i think others not in gear too.

Also, they got evicted from a park last time too, and they had all the stuff thrown in garbage trucks and dumpsters. The garbage guys brought it back to them saying "We are the 99% too"

Awsome

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Careful guys. The SFPD don't get dressed up on a sunday night for no reason. I have been to a ton of rock concerts in the city and it has been my experience that they gear up like that and "hang around" just down the block as a precursor to moving up and trying to goad the demonstrators into making just one overt or aggressive move. If no excuse is given then they begin to push and channel people towards waiting arrest squads that will cuff and load people into vans.

Tell all Occupyers to not push back when pressed but rather to side step the direction the line of police will be steering them.

Time to standup and be nonviolent!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Mic check going on right now, i think they're going to hold the park

WHOS PARK, OUR PARK!

Ill be up late tonight..

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
get your own riot gear and dress like the cops then they dont know who to trust or who to arrest.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by robomont
get your own riot gear and dress like the cops then they dont know who to trust or who to arrest.

My dream is an opposing riot force comes out in full white riot gear. I mean, if we ever knew the cops were against us.
And not just trying to keep the city peaceful.

God speed SF protestors

edit on 17-10-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Looks like the cops have arrived.. watching live feed now (12:00am PST)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Cops in riot gear are there.

By surrounding the protesters with the riot squad, the cops are escalating things. Why are cops in riot gear showing up for a peaceful protest that doesn't even look that large?
edit on 17-10-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
Cops in riot gear are there.

Verified, looks like they're serious now, Maybe they'll back off if enough numbers are called

Heres hoping they remain occupied there.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Thanks OP. S & F for you. Keeping the feed going in the background while I read ATS.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by subcsailor
Thanks OP. S & F for you. Keeping the feed going in the background while I read ATS.

Me too my friend,
The more reaction from the police, the more people come.
This will go down in history

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Protesters should do like in South Korea and dress in riot gear too to battle the cops or at least keep the cops from harming protesters.

Cops are treating protesters like it's a war zone. Totally disgusting.

But eh, they are COPS after all, so don't expect much from them, especially not in the brain department. I mean if they are still cops after all they've seen (that they are really there to protect the scumbags in power from justice)... they will never wake up.
edit on 17-10-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I cant believe they through your stuff out, I heard about it today thats escalates things. So awesome the garbage men took it back!

I had to post this, this is someone from the Occupy Toronto.

riot gear
edit on 17-10-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
We have an arrest.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
so are they just moving in on the camp? trying to take it down?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
its a good thing the protesters dont pour out gasoline on the street in front of the riot police.things might get heated.it would kinda slick if they mixed styrofoam peanuts with it.or dish soap.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Second live stream

Second livestream is up!
First one went down, laptop died. Keep watching.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Still watching. My quick take. They chant we are peaceful but act like crazy squirrel monkeys. Cops in riot gear do NOT help keep the peace. That only makes things worse. Really if I were the head of the police department I would send as many cops down with the protesters to mengle with them. Not in any formation, just stroll around and remind the protesters to keep the peace.

And protesters, stop trying to feed the police. Get real, they are not going to eat it.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Dag now the other website is down.
edit on 17-10-2011 by subcsailor because: (no reason given)

top topics

join