It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sin of Silence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 01:51 AM
link   
www.onlinejournal.com...

The sin of silence

By Dennis Rahkonen
Online Journal Contributing Writer

April 7, 2003�Blinded by thick bandanas of wooly jingoism, many self-styled patriots thoughtlessly back implementing "Iraqi freedom" by "liberating" the 5,000,000 inhabitants of Baghdad through either starving or blasting them into submission.

While some of them are escaping as refugees, countless others remain, for varying reasons. But it's predictable that, when our final assault comes, we'll justify their deaths on the facile pretext that they were "regime supporters".

It's the infamous Vietnam rationale revisited, on a far greater scale: "We had to destroy the village in order to save it."

The International Red Cross is reporting civilian casualties in Iraq on a "horrific" scale. Men, women, small children. Dozens were hideously killed or wounded by illegal U.S. cluster bombs in the town of Hilla, for instance.

Countless innocent noncombatants were healthy and happy just a few days ago. Then the Americans came.

This cruel invasion was predicated on a series of amply exposed lies, and it's conduct and consequence are obscenely different than officially portrayed in whitewashing and glorifying CENTCOM briefings, with their decidedly Orwellian tenor.

I shake my head in amazement as a participant in our town's component of the nationally-orchestrated, right-wing "Pro America" rallies writes in a local newspaper about how "awesome" an event it was. The same rally from which one man was forcefully expelled for wearing a button saying, "Unions, yes. War, no."

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Don't you think that by Liberating Iraq we are not being Silent?

It is the French who are silent.

"200,000 dead? What bodies? If I close my eyes I never saw it and thus it never happend. Ok good, now back onto that deal for 60billion dollars of your oil Mr. Saddam."

join