It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Veteran scares off NYPD at Times Square!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

I'm sure the cops never have to take down big thugs in NYC.

If this guy is a vet, parading around looking like a slob and screaming like an idiot over absolutely nothing, he is looking to be a 'martyr' or a tool for the protest. He was most certainly acting like a tool.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
It appeared to me that the Police officers that were moving toward people in the crowd then had a change of heart and stopped to listen to what was being said about there being no honor in what the were doing while they were headed toward him and they stopped and listened then moved back out into the street and moved to their left while watching him over their shoulders... I wouldn't say that they were scared but were being wisely cautious.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
someone needs to download this vid and save it for themselves (and everyone else) cuz youtube and google are censoring and removing posts, vids and keywords and this...they don't want the world seeing that. they don't want the world to see a US soldiier protesting and scaring the police. it might make the police look like the scared little b!%¢he$ they really are!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
reply to post by AzureSky

I'm sure the cops never have to take down big thugs in NYC.

If this guy is a vet, parading around looking like a slob and screaming like an idiot over absolutely nothing, he is looking to be a 'martyr' or a tool for the protest. He was most certainly acting like a tool.

And he's there protesting so YOU can have your opinion..

Regardless of how stupid most of us find it..

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Umm I don't know what video you watched,but I certainly didn't see any cops running away as you put it. Looks more like to me they didn't really want to hear this man's mouth.As far as I'm concerned he was showing off for the cameras. I think it's more likely the cops had better things to do then to listen to this man ramble on about nothing.
also,for everyone saying how big this dude is,really? I think you all need to get out of your house more.
edit on 17-10-2011 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
wow that's awesome!

Sometimes I wish I was the size of a tank too!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
I woulda run away too!!

Dang that guy is huge! And pissed off too, and rightfully so!

Seriously though, why are the cops there? There isnt any crime or war going on
edit on 17-10-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

So, you think when tens of thousands of people get together, no cops should be there unless their is a crime? The cops are trying to mitigate any riot or potential for attacks..the police should be there protecting the protesters.Instead this is potentially going to be kent state incident that will ultimately lead to the riot of the protesters......soon many people will be killed and injured and the only thing we will be able to say is "how in the united states is this possible".......turns out we are no different than the 3rd world countries who have tyrants.....ladies and gentlemen america is not free anymore

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

The best words Ive ever heard spoken were by my old USMC Chief Warrant Officer "cops pin on their courage and strap on their balls"....

Those words are WHAT KEPT me from being a cop post-military..

Yeah imagine if 5,000 vets showed up to the protests...P-O'd that they were risking their lives, dying, and fighting for freedom abroad, to come home and see a Gestapo terrorizing their grandparents, sisters, mothers, and children!!!!

The first sign I see of PIGS attacking like Kent state, IT WILL OFFICIALLY BE ON>>>>> Im not the only former Marine who hates what the cops have become....

I know at least 3 others who (the 4 of us) could take out at least 10 cops in a hand to hand fight.. Ive beat down 2 at a time myself one night. they were off duty, and thought they ran the dance floor..

another time while in Irvine, 5 cops didn't realize the 5 of us (all over 6ft marines) wouldn't stop "flirting" with their dates.. (what chick would choose a cop over a marine anyway) the girls sent US drinks!! long story short..we didn't see a badge till the parking lot.. one cop pulled a gun, stupid him, i took it from him and made him lick the barrel, while his 4 buddies were in headlocks by my crew... COPS ARE COWARDS!!!!!!!! 6'3" 250lb former marine will take on any pig...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

what if the guy is naturally large, struggleed to keep the weight off while ACTIVE, gets out and 18 mos later WHAMMO there is an extra 100lbs!!

plus, I had a SGT Raleigh who was a body builder and had to cut his sleeves at the elbow, sew the wrist cuffs back on so he could roll up his sleeves for summer wear. dude WAS HUGE and bulged out the largest size blouse (what civies call the shirt) in the exchange.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I dont agree with the OWS movement say what you want, frankly I dont care, I didnt see the LEOs carrying any weapons but their sidearms, I didnt see any reason for that guy to scream about shooting unarmed civvies, except to grandstand for the running cameras.

BTW, if he was a vet and got out a few years ago, I can see his blouse being a lil small, my BDU top is VERY snug, and I got out almost 15 years ago....

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Not that it matters, but his sleeves are rolled up people.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Here he is being interviewed about it....

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
ok I'm calling BS here....
unless his parents are OLD, this guy looks about 30 or so, and his PARENTS were in Iraq/Afganistan?????

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Here's a marine at Occupy SF leading the march with a megaphone...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

My mom 56 (a grandmother) was in afghanistan for 3 years.. my brother is there,my cousin, my Uncle who is a Grandfather (58) is there..

you obviously are ignorant (unknowledgeable----not meant as mean) to who is/can/has been to iraq/afghanistan.. my mother worked for a guy there who is 68 years old...

looks like calling BS doesn't mean you are correct.... cheers....from washington county, NC

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

This video just proves my point. He's showing off for the cameras.Seems to me he likes the attention.Also seemed like he was trying to provoke the police into doing something. He failed. He didn't 'shame' anybody. Again,the cops have better things to do then to listen to this clown ramble on.
edit on 17-10-2011 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

It doesn't matter how tall or heavy a person is. Only the will to win.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
ok I'm calling BS here....
unless his parents are OLD, this guy looks about 30 or so, and his PARENTS were in Iraq/Afganistan?????

Your attempt at trying to discredit a a fellow vet for his political stance is pretty obvious.

His message of "there is no honor in harming those at the gathering" is very clear.

I am also a vet and I support the OWS movement in pointing out the corruption, greed and inequality in representation in DC of THE PEOPLE vs. the big Corporations.

My fellow vets and I know exactly where the BS is. It's in the hearts and minds of those taking the side of the banks and corps against the American working man.
edit on 17-10-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

Honestly, I don't agree with any of you on this guy. People like this guy are only inciting violence toward the police during an otherwise peaceful protest. Do you really want to try and have a peaceful rally and some jacka#$ starts running around screaming and talking smack to the police? Nothing but a rambling idiot if you ask me. I honestly don't believe this guy is a vet either, any of us with even the minimal amount of combat experience or crowd control training would know just how stupid it is to run into a crowd of people screaming and waving your arms around shouting at the local authorities.....if he really was a vet he would have kept his composure.......unless he forgot to take his meds I guess lmao.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join