It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighting Over Thunder Bay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
UFO Sighting Over Thunder Bay, On, Canada

Hey guys this is news to me, apparently a ufo sighting occurred in my hometown just a little while ago, a close friend also said they seen a metallic craft off the highway that same day.

Heres the report as posted online & attached video.

THUNDER BAY – It is a video generating some discussion. The video shot of an Unidentified Flying Object or UFO near Thunder Bay has brought attention from around the world.
Barrie who shot the video shares with NNL, “My girlfriend and I were out on a walk filming wildlife. There were hundreds of geese flying overhead and the conditions were slightly overcast with little to no wind. It began to get dark and we started walking back towards the trail we came in on. At approximately 8:30 we stopped at one of the big fields and were looking at a few stars in the sky. We were standing at the south end of the field when at 8:40 the object popped into view instantly, not flying in from anywhere but just appearing”.
“The object appeared in the Northwest. At first I thought it was probably a plane with its landing lights on but then the object moved steadily to the right and then within milli-seconds started moving back to the left and finally hovered I was not convinced. I thought to myself if a plane did this the lights would not be facing you the entire time and the intensity would change”.
Barrie adds, “The object appeared to be sphere like and change shape slightly to the naked eye, it was much brighter to the naked eye then it appeared on the video. We watched the object go from one light to all of a sudden changing to 4 lights that would change colour every so often. There was zero sound from the object during the entire sighting and it appeared to be approximately 1 kilometre away possibly closer at the end”.
“Another strange occurrence was that the geese that were flying over stopped instantly when the object appeared. Near the end of the video the object appeared to go back to a single bright light and began to move towards us. At this point I stopped filming and we began to make our way back to the trail to get out of there. When we were back to the opening of the trail I looked back quick and could see the object was moving to the east and going lower then before this is when I lost sight of it. I do not know what it was we were watching but I do know a few things that it couldn’t have been. It is open to anyone’s own interpretation and they can come up with their own theory about what it is. I do know that an accurate description is unidentified flying object because to us it was exactly that, unidentifiable”.

Watch The Video Here

Looking for input as always.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Spock Shock

interesting how it reacts when the camera zooms in, a very sharp diamond shape..
not your everyday light in the sky
what happens at the end is beautiful to say the least

edit on 17-10-2011 by ShortMemory because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
It's a light, big woop

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Since it didn't do anything crazy, like shoot off into never never land I am not jumping on this bandwagon. To me it looks like the control cabin of a blimp.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I thought it was pretty awesome when the multiple lights came into focus.
lol But why does this guy suck so much with holding the damn camera still? grrr

OP, cool find!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bojimbo

camera shake and video noise is a pre-requisite for all UFO videography lol

it is a pretty clear movie though, I thought, meh its just a light...then it got nice and clear. what are the chances there is a blimp hovering above a forest in thunderbay

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Yah see thats just the thing, this is a small community, the majority of this land is just trees and swamps, and I can't say i've ever seen a blimp in this area. I have no idea who the filmer is this was passed onto me from someone who lives just on the edge of town.

For the most part this area does see alot of commerical flights between the border of the states, toronto and winnipeg but those don't appear to be normal regulation lights in the video.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShortMemory

interesting how it reacts when the camera zooms in, a very sharp diamond shape..
not your everyday light in the sky
what happens at the end is beautiful to say the least

edit on 17-10-2011 by ShortMemory because: (no reason given)

The zoom in part is the absolute worst part of the video because it goes completely out of focus. The diamond shape is almost 100% guarenteed an effect from the camera aperature and lens. But the best part was where you see multiple lights - but even those really could be nothing more than aircraft landing lights. Of course, can't say, since I wasn't there.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The last couple years Ontario has been pretty active with sighting of unkown craft or whatever. The most notable was the reoccurring object over Niagara falls. This video is cool none the less.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

The diamond is a very common low end camcorder artifact when zoomed way in. Odds are it did not actually have a diamond shape.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The camera person had a clear shot for a few seconds(which looked good by the way) and then they didn't. FIGURES!

I've seen a UFO or two. The chances of actually getting one on film are rare.
The truth is out there.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Interesting. My friend lives their and has seen the same thing a few times.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
go outside and try filming something with a hand held video camera at night. try just a plane and you'll see how hard it is to film clearly.

especially with auto focus and a small view screen. just picking up a light in the sky is a feat.

edit on 17-10-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
go outside and try filming something with a hand held video camera at night. try just a plane and you'll see how hard it is to film clearly.

especially with auto focus and a small view screen. just picking up a light in the sky is a feat.

edit on 17-10-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

Ya was out last week with all that clear sky
Took a few picture of moon and planet not as easy as it look

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheChosenProphet
Interesting. My friend lives their and has seen the same thing a few times.

Any chance he got some picture or something should ask never know
I live north east on highway 11
Saw a few strange light last few week west of me

bummer will have to wait till i get home to see video all YouTube are block here at the mine
any chance of somebody putting up a few picture for us youtubeless

edit on 17-10-2011 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShortMemory

It's the shape of the opening of the camera, the person simply fails at zooming. The diamond shape you get because the object is EXTREMELY out of focus.

new topics

top topics

join