It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Toddler Run Over By 2 Vans Left To Die - Ignored By 17 People

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11
Chinese toddler dies of brain failure

Frankly, I think China has died of brain failure.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Originally posted by seeker11
Chinese toddler dies of brain failure

Frankly, I think China has died of brain failure.

Frankly, you are talking rubbish! The people who ignored the child are the ones to blame. How the hell can you blame the whole chinese nation for this? Do you know all the chinese people. Do you have some sort of super human power that knows what every single human being is like? If so, please share.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
What a suprise! No one willing to come on this thread and back up their stupid primitive views

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I recently read a biography where the person had traveled to the East. They were enjoying a nice peaceful boat ride when they passed a family of three on the river. As they were passing, a child of about 2 yeard old fell out of the boat and into the water. The parents and none of the bystanders would help the child. Shocked & horrified at seeing the child drown the biographer asked their guide why no one assisted the child and was told that it is part of the culture. It is their belief system that if the child fell into the river and drowned it was the path of that lil soul and no one should 'interfer.' The guide said opposite of Westerns, the native folk would have been horrified if anyone had tried to save the child. That's taking 'everything happens for a reason' to an extreme.

The biographer tried to make the point we are products of our enviroment, our culture, the conditioning of any theology in which we were raised. I don't see how any conditioning could make one, especially a mother, not do everything in their power to save a child. For me, it goes against the most primative and basic instinicts as human no matter where you were born & raised.

I try to be understanding and open minded to other cultures but just as our own has conspiracies behind the 'why and reason' of how we do things, if this indeed part of their culture, their religion, you have to wonder if there isn't something deeper we (and they) aren't seeing in the very reason this tradition & way of thinking originated. Population control perhaps.

edit on 10/27/2011 by Whisper67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
I recently read a biography where the person had traveled to the East. They were enjoying a nice peaceful boat ride when they passed a family of three on the river. As they were passing, a child of about 2 yeard old fell out of the boat and into the water. The parents and none of the bystanders would help the child. Shocked & horrified at seeing the child drown the biographer asked their guide why no one assisted the child and was told that it is part of the culture. It is their belief system that if the child fell into the river and drowned it was the path of that lil soul and no one should 'interfer.' The guide said opposite of Westerns, the native folk would have been horrified if anyone had tried to save the child. That's taking 'everything happens for a reason' to an extreme.

The biographer tried to make the point we are products of our enviroment, our culture, the conditioning of any theology in which we were raised. I don't see how any conditioning could make one, especially a mother, not do everything in their power to save a child. For me, it goes against the most primative and basic instinicts as human no matter where you were born & raised.

I try to be understanding and open minded to other cultures but just as our own has conspiracies behind the 'why and reason' of how we do things, if this indeed part of their culture, their religion, you have to wonder if there isn't something deeper we (and they) aren't seeing in the very reason this tradition & way of thinking originated. Population control perhaps.

Well, i have lived in China for two years, and travelled China. My wife is Chinese and my daughter is half Chinese. My wife read that and laughed. She knows no one in China that does this. And even if it was true, you believe that all Chinese are like this?

Like i said before. Some american soldier killed and tortured people and animals in Iraq. Does that mean all Americans are evil? No, it does not.

This is the problem i have. If some people in your country done bad things, let say killed children for kicks, you would blame that person. But if the same thing happened in China, then that means all Chinese are evil because of what that person done. Do you see what i am getting at here? If a kid goes into a school and shhots his class mates, does that mean all kids in that country are evil bad people? No, it does not, so why do some people label China in that way, but they don't in their own country when someone does something bad?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Not once did I use the word 'China' nor the word 'evil' so no, I'm not sure what you're getting at all in relation to my post.

I believe you misunderstood the post completely. I was eluding to the fact that just as there are hidden agendas as to the reason Western cultures have been conditioned to think & behave the way we do so must other areas of the globe.

I imagine you were commenting on the original OP and just hit wrong button.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
reply to post by Jay-morris

Not once did I use the word 'China' nor the word 'evil' so no, I'm not sure what you're getting at all in relation to my post.

I believe you misunderstood the post completely. I was eluding to the fact that just as there are hidden agendas as to the reason Western cultures have been conditioned to think & behave the way we do so must other areas of the globe.

I imagine you were commenting on the original OP and just hit wrong button.

No, it was you. Letting your baby drown in a river is not "their culture" that is a complete load of rubbish. And the sad thing is, people will read that and believe it, and give them another excuse to say china is evil, chinese people are evil etc

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join