It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Toddler Run Over By 2 Vans Left To Die - Ignored By 17 People

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I'm going to go ahead and warn everyone that this is one of the most disturbing and chilling videos I have ever seen, and I have seen pretty much every shock video out there. I'm posting it because I hope to spread the outrage and get the people responsible to pay for what they did in addition to reminding people they have a DUTY to stop and help.

Synopsis: October 13th afternoon around 5:30, a car accident occurred at the Guangfo Hardware Market in Huangqi of Foshan. A van hit a 2-year-old little girl and then fled. No passersby reached out to help and then another car ran over her. Over the span of 7 minutes, a total of 17 people passing by failed to extend a hand or call the police, up until the 19th person, a garbage scavenger ayi [older woman], who lifted her up after discovering her but the little girl in her arms was like a noodle, immediately collapsing back onto the ground. The trash scavenger ayi called for help, and the little girl’s mother, who was in the vicinity, immediately rushed over and rushed her to the hospital.

A little girl (2 or 3) is walking down the street. A van hits her, then drives over her with the front wheel. The van stops (obviously aware of what happened), then runs over her with the back wheel, fleeing the scene. Passerby can clearly see the little girl is in distress, writhing on the ground no doubt in agony. She is then run over a second time. The second vehicle speeds off. As it says above, a total of 17 'people' walk by and do not get her help. Bleeding in the street and thy left her there. She is currently in the hospital in critical condition. The driver of the second vehicle has been arrested.

Whatever your faith, or lack thereof please send prayers or good vibes/whatever to this little girl and her family. And if you read this, don't you EVER ignore someone like these sick bastards.

Source

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Some of the comments on this were equally disturbing:

It isn’t ignoring, it’s not daring. If one were to encounter a Nanjing judge, one would be screwed. [Note: "Nanjing judge" refers to the infamous 2006 case of a man named Peng Yu who helped a woman to the hospital after she had fallen only to have the old woman accuse him of knocking her down. The Nanjing judge in that case ultimately ruled that common sense dictated that only the person who hit her would take her to the hospital, setting a precedent that continues only further discourages and reinforces many Chinese people's wariness to help others in similar situations.]

No one wants to cause trouble for themselves. These days, everyone is busy enough with their own matters. To say these people are cold-blooded is a bit too strong. Those who want to criticize them should first ask themselves: Would you have gone to help or not?

Is the law this messed up over there that people are scared to help? Even if I were worried the medical bills would fall in my lap I know I would do the right thing. Blood is boiling right now.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
What??? OMG, what is wrong with these people!
Is it so bad over there that people are "afraid" to help the child? Maybe in fear of law enforcement?
I can't understand how these people can be that disgustingly cold hearted.

Screw the judges and the laws that are THAT ridiculous. What would I do? Help the frikken kid, don't care what comes down on me.
End of story.
edit on 16-10-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
There was a yt video of this, what happened to that thread o.0

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I saw this the other day.

My advice to people is to not watch it. Yes, it really is that bad.

But I will say this...in many places in the world, life is cheap. If you have lived in a developing country, you might understand the mentality, even if you find it sickening. And if you have ever been in a warzone, well...people ignore the wounded all the time. Even when they could lend a hand.

People can get used to anything. And that's a sad fact, but a fact nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Screw the judges and the laws that are THAT ridiculous. What would I do? Help the frikken kid, don't care what comes down on me. End of story.

My feelings exactly. I have a feeling this is going to get plastered all over the news worldwide and things may change for the better with enough pressure.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Chinese have to be the most heartless race on the planet, along with Japanese.

I'm not rascist, this is just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FailedProphet

I understand the NWO has been in full effect there for a long time, but they aren't living in dirt caves and having to eat mud, that looks like an industrial area. The truck that hit her and took off probable didn't want the firing squad, I can understand fleeing in that case, but 2 trucks run him over like she's less than road kill??
How can anyone "get use to that"?
edit on 16-10-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Realm52

Let's not turn this into one of those threads. I can see this happening anywhere. Like the young woman that was stabbed to death in the middle of New York. No one called.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Hate to say it but where was the parents? Maybe they wanted a boy instead?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gougitousakusha

That was really distasteful. Of course the parent not watching the child is ultimately to blame, but implying they intentionally let their child be run over to get a boy is disgusting.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

To say these people are cold-blooded is a bit too strong. Those who want to criticize them should first ask themselves: Would you have gone to help or not?
OF COURSE I would have helped her!!! SHEESH!!!!

Leaving her to die is just as bad as killing her yourself.

This is the problem with people today!

Absolutely no empathy for other Human beings!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Some of the comments on this were equally disturbing:

It isn’t ignoring, it’s not daring. If one were to encounter a Nanjing judge, one would be screwed. [Note: "Nanjing judge" refers to the infamous 2006 case of a man named Peng Yu who helped a woman to the hospital after she had fallen only to have the old woman accuse him of knocking her down. The Nanjing judge in that case ultimately ruled that common sense dictated that only the person who hit her would take her to the hospital, setting a precedent that continues only further discourages and reinforces many Chinese people's wariness to help others in similar situations.]

No one wants to cause trouble for themselves. These days, everyone is busy enough with their own matters. To say these people are cold-blooded is a bit too strong. Those who want to criticize them should first ask themselves: Would you have gone to help or not?

Is the law this messed up over there that people are scared to help? Even if I were worried the medical bills would fall in my lap I know I would do the right thing. Blood is boiling right now.

Sorry but the laws in China are that messed up. Anyone getting in voled could very easy be blamed as the one who hit her and go to jail for hitting her or at the very least lose everything they own in court. They are more than a little messed up over there on things like this. It is almost illegal to help someone over there in a case like this. Very messed up indeed.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

You're right, I stand corrected.

The human race as a whole is heartless.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Dear Domo1

Now I am not defending these people in anyway, however for those of you in the west you have to remember this is how life can be in the East.

In the west in any country I have ever heard of if someone is hit by a car they will receive emergency treatment at the hospital.

This is not so in many parts of the east. Whoever was to get he child to the hospital would be expected to pay the bill. I am sure some of you would but this is the reality of life in many parts of the East.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

I get that. I suppose it's a cultural thing to a certain extent. The way I was brought up I would rather get f'ed with the bill then let the girl die. Then again I've never had to worry about feeding a family etc... Either way the laws are screwed and things need to change. Star from me though, good to hear both sides.
edit on 16-10-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I would have helped her too. Even though I'm just 19 years of age, I still would have done SOMETHING. I watched the video and it is very disturbing; it's just not natural for a human to just observe and do absolutely nothing in this situation. I would have at least screamed for help or tried to have gotten someone's attention. It's just downright sickening...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Dear Domo1

They are changing slowly, agreed not fast enough.

Where I am there is a duel reality, if a native takes an injured person to hospital they can look to be rewarded by the hospital for bringing them a customer. If a foreigner dose the same he or she will be expected to pay.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

however for those of you in the west you have to remember this is how life can be in the East.
It's exactly the same in the west, I've seen countless stories like this originate from western countries. In fact I would be willing to argue it's worse in western countries because people feel less connected to each other. There is a greater divide between the rich and poor and people have more important things to attend to than wasting their time helping some poor sucker.

Whoever was to get he child to the hospital would be expected to pay the bill.
What if they just dropped the child off at the hospital and ran away? Do you think the hospital staff would just let the child die because they haven't received a sum of money equal to that child's life?
edit on 16-10-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Well I'm really glad you popped in here, good to have a more realistic perspective. Wouldn't it have been possible to just call 911 (or whatever) and have an ambulance/cop deal with it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join