It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the &%$#! is going on over at GLP?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
We're allowed to rant about GLP here, right? Because we sure aren't allowed to over there. I think I've seen GLP-related threads on ATS before. If I'm mistaken, I apololgize. There is a certain amount of overlap between the two communities, so I think what I say should be of interest to at least some here.

I have been a longtime fan of GLP, so I'm used to their periodic temper-tantrums, meltdowns, bouts of extreme (even by conspiracy-theorist standards) paranoia, and other forms of Intrawebz drama. But I've NEVER seen anything like this.

The entire place seems to have devolved into some kind of grim, lockstep fascist state overnight. Does GLP stand for "Goering-Like Productions" now? According to them, you are either hard-against the OWS protests, or you are a comm'nist stooge and Soros/"Obummer" shill. For the last week or two, it seems like 90% of the pins are ambient OWS-bashing. And woe betide you if you show even the slightest bit of pro-OWS sentiment...or even healthy skepticism and open-mindedness.

And its not just the owner. Seems like most (maybe all?) of the big-name regs there have fallen in line. People who used to "fight teh powah" and be anti-NWO, anti-bank, anti-TBTB are sounding like the Mr.-Smithers toadies for 17th-generation Rothschilds, falling all over each other to denounce the "hippies" and "commies" that supposedly are on the march to grab yer freedumbs. It's sickening. People I thought were bright, open-minded, questing minds have morphed into bleating bullhorns for the cause of high finance. Complex arguments and logic are shelved in favor of cheap punning and name-calling. Rooting for "their team" has taken precidence over seeking the truth. Could you possibly want for a clearer textbook example of cultlike behavior?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fanataical OWS supporter myself...I am in favor of the movement, but like any open-minded individual, I retain a healthy dose of skepticism. I thought skepticism was the minimal requirement to be a good conspiracy theorist. Guess I thought wrong...at least according to the new GLP playbook.

I've never been one to buy into the theory that GLP is anything other than what it claims to be - a site owned and run by a private individual. But for the first time I'm starting to wonder if it's some kind of TPTB shill node. I feel hurt, sickened, and saddened...like I've lost a good friend to a cult or a nasty addiction, with the sudden change.

So very, very disappointed.

edit on 10/16/2011 by FailedProphet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Nobody gives a crap.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
"We're allowed to rant about GLP here, right?"
Watch out, people here get strange about that. They think its some kind of competition, even though its similar to this place.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I was banned for pointing out one of the admins atrocious posts. I had the "f" word in it. And I was completely on point about his stupidity. Really, that place is just full of grandiose psychos.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I've seen and been told by a few people that they are/where being paid x amount of money p/h to post anti-OWS movement articles, posts and threads.

How true this is, I do not know.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I never visited GLP, but that sounds like a deliberate dumbing of theorists.

I hope that doesnt happen here, or to any other relatively free-thought websites, for i feel ive increased my awareness somewhat by reading things here over the years.

Take it with a sigh my friend. There will be another. There is always another.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
GLP is serious business...there is nothing there that even remotely allows for an unbiased discussion. think now...what powers are there that could possibly control an entire network of conspiracy members?
What? Who? Why? If you guess anything other than our own big brother anti-constitution wielding friends better known as TPTB then you may have a rant. but you know don't you. That is why you are here. We are reasonable because TPTB are yet to control us. they soon will try..but they will fail this is a decent and fair site full of people that seek the truth.
DH

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by altiark

Well, the same kind of mentality is shared for almost every conspiracy theory board.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Nobody gives a crap.

Wow, that was just a plain uncalled-for response to his obvious concern.

why did you even bother to take the time to respond to him at all if thats all you have to say?
I, myself dont visit GLP hardly at all but I do understand his concern over what would appear to be the suppression of free speech or free thinking.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Just did a quick search at GLP. Typed in ATS and this is what up. A thread about copying all Ats threads to their site. I think its kinds of funny really. Just come to Ats if you like it so much guys! lol

heres the link: www.godlikeproductions.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FailedProphet

I will just shoot all those "hippies" and "commies" that supposedly are on the march to grab yer freedumbs.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

Meh, there are no such thing as "hippies" or "commies" or any other label for that matter. Just broken words to describe people so they can be divided by the unenlightened.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
My ip was banned there and I never even posted anything, then it said I could pay money and be ban imune, plus the whole site seems like a jumbled mess.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Anyone who has read a lot of History, may find it hard not to notice the Glaring similiarties.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

I understand GLP's aversion to the Armies of Pinko Operatives infiltrating his site. Obviously there are a lot of well meaning people at these protests, but basically, this is Completely Framed as a NWO Marxist Revolution. If you want to believe that this will change the system in a positive way, stopping genocide, corruption in the world- Enjoy yr' fantasy. I recommend reading the Communist Manifesto, The Holodomor Holocaust, created by the Bolsheviks, Mao's Cultural Revolution. Good Luck.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

edit on 16-10-2011 by Jumbocat because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2011 by Jumbocat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
From what I've gathered over the years( and I used to goto glp also) they have been circumstantially been associated with "behavioral studies" programs; something about the word "tavistock" relates to a think tank or govt sponsored institute having to do with manipulation.Once I learned that I distanced myself (swore off) Glpfor good. IMHO: they are stuffed to the gills with crazies of all ages...

Here its the opposite a dozen new pro "occupy" threads a day. the cautious ones warning ("anti's) get the flack.I need a scorecard to see whether occupy is"good"for the people or unwittingly part of the overall endgame plan of the elite.(since they certainly have none of their own).
edit on 16-10-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jumbocat

You do know that alot of Random people are making artwork for this? No posters or signs are universally agreed upon.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I wouldnt want to be a part of something that has the word god in it anyhow

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Never heard about GLP until I found this site. I visited it to see what the hub-bub was about.

A weird experiance is about I can say. Didn't join...it was just weird.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jumbocat

My problem is not with the opinions that people hold. If people want to believe it is a communist plot, well, that's their right, and I'm fine with that, even though I don't agree. What would any forum be without disagreement?

My problem is the creepy, cult-like, "we all agree and if you don't agree you will be banned" atmosphere that seemed to coalesce out of nowhere all of a sudden. And the repression of those that don't agree with the new party line.

Like many, I have thought before that they are too heavy with the banhammer for various reasons. But I've never seen them go so all-out in stifling people based on their opinions. Whatever their faults (and there are many), they have always allowed debate and two sides to every argument. At least until now.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I don't know why people bother with GLP, let alone get upset by it. I also always find it funny that this forum regularly has GLP members come here to whine about that forum. Who cares? Why do you care?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join