It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaska woman joins protests with "Occupy the Tundra" banner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

When Diane McEachern ventured out onto the foggy western Alaska tundra a week ago to show solidarity with the Occupy Wall Street movement, she had no idea her tiny demonstration would go viral. McEachern, an assistant professor at the University of Alaska campus in Bethel, snapped a portrait of herself, accompanied by her three dogs, holding a hand-printed cardboard sign that read: "Occupy the Tundra." She was kneeling on the frost-covered ground and dressed in proper Alaska gear for the season, including a borrowed musk-ox wool scarf to ward off the chill.

They breed 'em different up there! I like this woman even though I may not agree with the protests entirely. Thought this was an awesome example of how connected we are all becoming. Without the internet this woman's message would stay in Alaska, and I doubt any of us would be hearing about it. It appears others have followed suite and the Tundra will be occupied. Sort of. Just cool to see how far one voice can go in this day and age. I like that she stood out in -40 degree weather to protest the war too.

Link

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Yep i'm from Kodiak, Alaska.

our state motto was "Alaska, where the men are men, and the women are too."

pretty awesome..I also have a few good jokes that would apply here, but I must refrain out of respect for others who cant take a joke!

which ideas regarding OWS do you disagree with?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
What's even better is how her faithful pooches are sitting next to her posing for the camera occupying the tundra too.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

which ideas regarding OWS do you disagree with?

I disagree more with the unorganized message than anything else. I don't want to lend my voice to a cause without a real cause if that makes sense.
edit on 16-10-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I love it, how do you hate on this? really

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

yea I can see where yo u are coming from. that seems to be the common argument
however, even if the voice hasnt been found yet, I think its great that people are doing something, rather than nothing. And waking up to the corruption of our government in general. Our congress is bought and that is the core issue IMO.
edit on 16-10-2011 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

I was really on the fence over the whole thing, still sort of am but it is nice to see people taking action. If a real message comes across that I agree with I might just head to Seattle and check it out.

top topics

join