It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nutritional Paste :(

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
So, last night around 2am I see a commercial. I forget what country it was, but apparently they are suffering the worst drought in history right now. They show a mother feeding her 2 or 3 year old baby this paste. It comes in a little envelope type of package similar to the ones used for tuna, or cat food. They say we can help by sending 10$ to feed the children of this country, and save their lives.

It was so sad. I’ve seen the images my entire life. Little bony starving boys and girls. I don’t know what it was about this commercial that really touched me. I think it was the paste. I just can’t imagine having my child’s life depend on someone across the country donating 10$ so I can feed her paste from a little foil package.

What kind of life is that? Why is this world like this? How did this happen? Was this the intention for our lives? We’re some of our kids suppose to be given everything you can imagine, while others don’t even have the bare essentials to physically survive? It’s such bull#!!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

What is even sadder is the jerks who exploit this poverty for donations..and maybe one dollar of your 10 dollars goes to food.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
What is even sadder is considering all the people throughout the world, including some in your own country .. who can't even get THAT ..

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Yep, from the outside looking in we must look like the biggest bunch of cruel idiots.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

It is sad, and when I consider the amount of food we, as a society, waste daily, it becomes even more heartbreaking. I imagine the "paste" is Plumpy Nut. It is supposed to be one of the highest caloric foods out there, and has saved many children's lives. Would come in very handy in a SHTF scenario.

The recipe is kept under lock and key, as I have searched high and low for it to put in my survival pantry. If anyone out there has any idea what the ingredients and amounts to use are, it would be wonderful to share. In the meantime, I have just today purchased the ingredients to make "Spackle". It is also a high caloric food that can be put into a platypus for 'ease of squeeze' and requires no refrigeration. Here the recipe....

SPACKLE
1/2 c. unsalted almond butter
1/2 c. unsalted cashew butter
6 T. Agave Syrup
2 T. Almond Oil
2 t. Vanilla Extract
1/2 t. Almond Extract
1/2 t. Salt
Combine all ingredients into electric mixer or bowl. Mix on low for 30-60 seconds. It is very thick. Store in airtight container. Requires no refrigeration. You can eat it straight, or stirred into oatmeal or just about anything.

edit on 16-10-2011 by jdb51 because: (no reason given)
Probably shouldn't have put this in the rant section, but.......
edit on 16-10-2011 by jdb51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jdb51

Thanks jdb. What section do you think I should of put it in?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I was referring to the fact I put the Spackle recipe in a rant reply, that's all.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

This also tears at my heart-strings.....I just want to go out and adopt them all...and provide them all a healthy life-style....but I can't.....thank God for Angelina Jolie and Sean Penn.....these 2 famous people...really do help...we need more like them.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I agree. And I'd just also like to say:

It kind of bothers me when this topic is mentioned how people always say "We have people starving in our own country" Yes this is true, but not even close to this scale. I have never gone Downtown and seen crowds of skin and bones women feeding food pastes to there skin and bone babies...

new topics

top topics

join