It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Times Square victory! The most beautiful video I've seen in weeks!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Seriously, people were blocked the way out of Times Square by cops who were trapping them like cattle! Guess what? People started to chant, and I think they struck a chord when they started to say "Fight crime, not freedom"! You can see the look on his face changed totally!

As long as I generally don't appreciate the cops, this guy, THIS GUY, deserves his paychecks! Really, this gives me hope, this whole week did! This global movement is picking up fast, geez, look at how much people were there yesterday!

This is the most beautiful video I've seen in weeks! I thought ATS deserved some great news, regardless of how small this victory is. Let's bet this guy had some intense thoughts when he got to bed!

I'm gonna make a not-so-wild prediction here, as we move forward, we will see more and more videos like that. Soon, the cops will join our ranks of freedom, and we will welcome them with open arms!

Here's a video of the manifestation:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Thanks for posting that. It's nice to see that some police remember they are Human Beings after all.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
i think throu out this whole thing the looks on oficers face has been the most touching; scared distressed hopeless... and sometimes a genuin smile .
OWS carry the messege with Love in your harts and we will be fine

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I think this is a great demonstration of what peace can achieve. Just imagine if people would have started to riot to get out of Times Square...Sure they would have broke the barriers holding them, but lots of people would have suffered and the movement would have broadcasted as an extremist movement.

What were they chanting? "Fight crime, not freedom! Love us back!"

This truly is beautiful, I hope we see a world revolution inspired from Ghandi! Peace beats violence !

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Sooner or later the police will realize they are just as screwed as everyone else and rather then fight us they will join us in the fight. I am sure none of them want to be there but in a way they are being forced to be there they have families that rely on them to put food on the table and its not for them to choose what they do while on the job they are told what to do...

I hope that if fighting does start and certain orders are given to the police to hurt or kill innocent people they will not stand by and let innocent blood be shed instead they will deny the orders and defend their fellow man from the tyranny of an oppressive corrupt government.

Government pits man against man so that we are to busy fighting each other to join together and fight the ones who need to be fought against.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
From a really really pragmatic point of view, it's good overtime.

top topics

join