It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kenyan troops enter Somalia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I was just reading the news quickly on the cbc, canadian news, i just thought that maybe this news could interest people out there. Im not too sure how close is kenya to europeen countrys or the us, there sending troops in a very volatile region of africa, not sure how this can really help the region.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dukeofjive

The Somali government (in exile for the time being) has requested African Union troops to assist in pushing back the Islamic radicals in the country. If I rmeber right I think the AFU troops assisted in retaking the Capital, but im not sure if it remained in allied hands or not.

A number of AFU troops have been rotating in and out, depnding on the fighting, its location etc.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
From my personal experience in Kenya (wife is from there, etc) many Kenyans have a negative feel about the Somalis. There have been plenty of issues like the one mentioned in the OP and also a huge passport scam that robbed Kenyans of 1000s of passports which allowed Somalis to enter illegally. I imagine a lot of Kenyans are for this move.... just my opinion though.

join