It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS won't last, but not for the reasons you may think.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I see this Occupy... movement failing because they're true intentions behind the protests, at least here in the U.S. are not noble, like Civil Rights, but personal. I bet a high majority of them voted for Obama in '08 on the 'promise' they would be able to live off the government for the rest of their lives, but that fell through on them and now they need another avenue to be given a living. They want someone to pay their college bills, housing, etc with no effort on their part; and they definitely don't want a job where they'd actually have to work.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Unless members and sympathizers of the "Occupy" movement take ACTION to punish the powers that they're upset with, there will be no changes in the way business is done, or people are treated. If you're ticked off at banks, withdraw most of your money. If it's greedy corporations, don't buy their products.

But you have to remember that these banks and corporations employ us, our neighbors, relatives and friends. Everything is linked and dependent upon the success of our employers. The only way out of the viscious cycle is to live in some type of independent community that does not rely on anyone or anything outside of that community. Your income, food, shelter, etc.. must come from within that closed-off society.

However, if a couple million people decided to do this, wouldn't they simply be duplicating a smaller version of the very thing they escaped from? Wow..I guess there's no true escape short of moving to a deserted island, or dying.
-cwm

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

That's because our fellow Americans are literately beyond mad, we are furious that this travesty must befall millions of families in not only the US but the rest of the world as well.

We are mad as heil and we're not going to take it anymore!

There is a targeted destruction of anyone who is not rich and we've been taking heavy fire for a minute now and it's now costing us homes and jobs in record numbers. Eventually the rest of the nation will fall.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Winter will come and go but most of them won't feel a thing because they still believe in Global Warming.

But I agree, it won't last. Restlessness will soon kick in and tantrums will be thrown.
It's just a fad, once the riots break out they'll get what they want and go home.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The reason the right is so frightened of this movement is because a new level of conscienceless is beginning; a new political force that will empower millions to register and vote.

I don't know who they will vote for, but it won't be for the corporate running dogs; that thru lobbyist influence the way legislation is written to favor the wealthy.

OWS isn't about physical protests in some park or marching down the street; it's about power to the people instead of the corrupt and greedy corporate fascists that exert undue influence on the politicians. Expect to see the results of OWS in the ballot boxes.

Of course the demonstrators will eventually return home but this movement will not die or be fragmented and corrupted like the TPM into being a GOP clone.

edit on 18-10-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Global Warming/Cooling is called Climate Change which is real. Just that certain areas in the world's climatic patterns have swoped. It drying out in Western China while it's wetter in the Pac Rim about 3,000 miles away,

Within the next thousand years the entire length of the Mongolian-China border will be a desert.

The Mid Atlantic of The US (NJ, NY, PA, DE, CT) is to return to it's watery roots in about 50,000 years from now.
edit on 18-10-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Ok, let's say a OWS Utopia comes to fruition and all the corporations suddenly disappear?

What happens next?
Do you really think all the protestors will start hunting and gathering?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

That's what they been doing for 3 weeks doesn't seem to be working out for them they think it does but as long as the donations keep coming in they will be there and right when the temperature drops so will their numbers.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

Global Warming/Cooling is called Climate Change which is real. Just that certain areas in the world's climatic patterns have swoped. It drying out in Western China while it's wetter in the Pac Rim about 3,000 miles away

Then why didn't they just come out and call it Climate Change from the "get go"?

Global Warming was a scheme to fool the people and make money in the process, until they got caught.
Why aren't the OWS folks able to see this?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
reply to post by whaaa

Ok, let's say a OWS Utopia comes to fruition and all the corporations suddenly disappear?

What happens next?
Do you really think all the protestors will start hunting and gathering?

I don't know...

Perhaps the OWS will reinvent the corporations to actually care about the customers and provide a service or product geared to the people that will actually use it; not to the outrageous stock options, obscene executive salaries and corrupt business practices that required bailouts.

I have 3 LLCs and I treat my people like members of my team so that we all profit from our labor and efforts.

What a concept....huh?

edit on 18-10-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yep! Soon they will run out of other peoples' money.
Once the fad is over, don't be surprised if they demand to be paid for cleaning up their own sh_#

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Yea, great post, I was thinking the same thing. Once the cold and snow kick in the crowds will die off and the hype will fade and the media will declare the movement dead and corrupt wallstreet/washington will carry on business as usual. Too bad it didn't originally start in early spring maybe it coulda made more progress and really picked up momentum over summer. Things like this really really need momentum to succeed and winter will kill off too much momentum I think.

I'm sure some people will want to start it up again when it gets warmer after winter but by then interest will be lower and a lot of formerly enthusiastic people will think its old news and dead like the corporation owned media claims it is and not bother. Kind of sad to think about really.
edit on 18-10-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Corporations would still exist as it provides jobs and provides a service or a product and has the capability to manufacture an item.

The "Too Big To Fail" would all get dismantled and spread out to cushion and soften the blow.

Restoration of fairness!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

That should be the business model of alot of companies but there are too few and far between. Show these megas how it's done.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Americans are weak and stupid for the simple fact they bent over and took “too big to fail” up their collective A$$es. Now some folks are feeling the humiliation of the fiscal rape they endured and are ready for retribution.

The OWS crowd might be the starting of the American people realizing (again) that they CAN rally around peace instead of war, they can rally around locally made instead of imports, and they can rally around COMMUNITY. But the military industrial complex will not allow it, and violence will ensue. If this lasts 2 weeks longer, expect the worst.

I, like you, worry about the cutting of trillions of dollars of military spending. We must consider the risks for the hundreds of thousands of people creating the tools of murder our country requires to spread democracy over the globe. What will these people do without jobs making bullets and bombs? Who will hire them? Is there a US Department of Peace in our government that will put them to work? Is it funded? What would that branch of government cost I wonder. Can that department put them to work building a better country at home? [Sarcasm]

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I just LOVE mankind's attempt to do something, in a life he/she didn't create. When will carnal man get it? Before there was ATS....people faced the same BS. Read your B.I.B.L.E. and see Jesus' story...from a conspiracy viewpoint. The VERY system we're trying to "fight", is the VERY system Jesus faught. That's the brilliance of "them" making the B.I.B.L.E. seem like a religious book. They got EVERYone fooled. Well, almost everyone.

So, in case you missed it.....Jesus had a VERY BIG PROBLEM with the banking system...of that time. And yes, banks have been around that long. How old are you and i? The difference would be, around...1,950 years of experience, 'they' have on us (give or take a few years). Anyone here, want to face the consequences Jesus faced...when going up against the banking system?

Jesus was made to be an example. See...it was a combination of the banks, the government AND the church leaders that sent Jesus to the cross. It was the SAME system we have today. Who wants to volunteer??? Anyone??? And you wonder why the people, all yelled: "Crucify HIM"? Shoooot, it was either HIM or them. Feel me?

Ok, ok...so let's "pretend" the whole Jesus story, is just a man-made "fairytale"
The story, in and of itself...makes PERFECT sense. So, again i ask....who's FEELIN' LUCKY? Who wants to be the leader of the pack....and lead by example? Who want's to me MLK'd, JFK'd, Malcolm X'd? hahahahah I'm sorry for laughing....but i know i aint tryin' to be Clint Eastwood. I learned from the afformentioned people.

However, if the "pe-sheeple"...would gather with their pitchforks and torches...and march to DC....then, well....no....i still wouldn't march with them. Why not??? Well, because i've chosen to live in a different system...so 'their' system doesn't phase me! I've STOPPED investing in it!
And my investment in it...helped it stay affloat.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

Corporations would still exist as it provides jobs and provides a service or a product and has the capability to manufacture an item.

The "Too Big To Fail" would all get dismantled and spread out to cushion and soften the blow.

Restoration of fairness!

That's just it, the OWS protestors wouldn't recognize the big fish from the medium and small fish if they stood right beside them.
As far as they are concerned, if you own a business you are considered rich, case closed, and if you are a small business owner, they will want you to distribute what little wealth you may have.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

That's just it, the OWS protestors wouldn't recognize the big fish from the medium and small fish if they stood right beside them.
As far as they are concerned, if you own a business you are considered rich, case closed, and if you are a small business owner, they will want you to distribute what little wealth you may have.

Painting with a broad brush are we?

I'm an owner of three small businesses, LLCs and....

I went to our local OWS protest with 3 of my employees and participated in exercising our freedom of assembly and speech, as guaranteed by the constitution. I didn't see any expression of the hyperbole you spew.

It's the traitors to the American way that want to keep with the status quo and suck up to their corrupt and greedy masters of wall street and banking and the associated criminals.

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense!! Try attending an OWS event; you might learn something.
edit on 19-10-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join