It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd thing on GOP's site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I just noticed the strangest thing!

Go to www.gopconvention.com and look at the top of the IE window.

wWw.gopconvention.com

Subliminal "Dubya"??

[edit on 8-30-2004 by Djarums]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I think it's just a promotional gimmick designed to allow Republican supporters to post the web address on Conspiracy Boards.

Nevertheless it gives me the opportunity to mention that in the last month I've notice a great deal of Republican spam,spin,and propaganda finding it's way to ATS and I've noticed the same people doing it.

Here's a conspiracy for everyone.

I think it's fairly obvious we've got people on this board either being paid to spam ATS with Anti Kerry/Pro Bush stories or they're just doing it out of the goodness of their heart.

I'm not saying you're being paid Djarums because I've known your politics for a while but there are some here who are new,very active,and politically motivated.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
I think it's fairly obvious we've got people on this board either being paid to spam ATS with Anti Kerry/Pro Bush stories or they're just doing it out of the goodness of their heart.

I know what you mean. Though I go to several message boards, all varied in subject matter and some very small, and I see the same anti-Kerry/pro-Bush rhetoric on each to various degrees. IMO, they're not paid, but extremely devoted and therefore profess that devotion. To support Bush at this point you have to be.

[edit on 30-8-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
At some point when you guys are done with the crack smoking please let me know how what I posted was pro or anti anyone.

Thanks!

I guess I'll think twice before posting something I found amusing again. Nothing personal but obviously you both missed the entire damn point. As for your complaints, I've never posted anything for or against either in an unfair manner. Ever. I'd appreciate if you would take back your insinuations about me as I have proven on more occasions than I can recall that I am not someone who "spams pro bush anti kerry material" or whatever. John, this website isn't the only one that our users read. I'm sure educated members of this site know the url for the convention just as they did for the DNC. Give me a break. If that's what's bothering you then I think the problem is more deep rooted.

It was a damn joke. It was something I found funny when looking at their site. Some people have no sense of humor apparently.

Seems that some people have no sense of reality either. Not one of my posts in the last year and a half have endorsed anyone. I'm not a liberal. I'm not a conservative. I say what I think and that's it. Most members will agree with that.

I'd appreciate it if someone can close this thread as the attempt at humor ended up with me having to defend myself instead.

I have a suggestion on where to put the thread but I'd rather not get a warn tag so I'll leave it at that.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
No,I'm not smoking crack Djarums.

I specifically said I didn't mean you in the second part.

And as for the first part,well,the thread and it's title is just spam.

That's cool but just don't get upset when the obvious is pointed out to you.

I think this thread has a purpose I'm not locking it.

If Admin want to that's fine but I think the issues of spam,spin,and propaganda on ATS is a very good one and what better thread to discuss it on ?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I've changed the subject of the thread to accomodate those who found it offensive to mention a publicly well-known domain name.

If you believe that the thread itself was intended as spam that's your opinion based on misreading it's intent. I found it amusing the middle W of the domain appeared in capital letters (intentionally) being that the President is refferred to by that letter. My intent was to post something I found funny. I don't think either political party needs me to advertise anything for them as they have a lot more money set aside to advertise then I will ever see in my life. I was simply bringing attention to something I saw as an amusing inside joke I believe they put up. That was it.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Bush also put the W in dWi but I don't have time to find those.

Djarums, I don't think anyone was accusing you as much as letting off steam, because I'm seeing a rash of disinfo posturing crap too from both sides.

new topics

top topics

join