It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Americans rise up and overthrow the goverment, in light of all thats happening?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blu82
This is a question and topic I feel very strong about so Im asking what YOU, The intelligent members of ATS think about this?. Its happening now, People are gathering, peacefully for the most part but the military side of me thinks that this is a precursor to something larger, In my experiences Americans are slow to react to things but when they do look out because there is nothing worse than an American who is pissed off, It just seems to me like everyday its getting more difficult and more and more expensive, Hard working Americans are losing jobs and homes and it seems like nobody in our goverment cares because they have fat pockets and sleep very well at night but I for one feel like we are losing our country, what would have to happen for "we the people" to initiate such an act?
edit on 10-06-2011 by Blu82 because: spelling error

Yes we americans are finally fed up with the entire system. We are very slow to react as I haev stated time after time in ATS threads where people from especially europe are always asking why we dont over throw our government, my answer we haevnt yet but when we do it will be a total change. OWS is only a part of what will eventually happen, I am noticing more and more older people showing up, It is spreading slowly and I actually see it going through the winter. Im a little older
50 and have been making my decision when I will get out into the streets with them, our family has lost our jobs, sense february we are on unemployment cannot find a job, we are in a bad age group, age brigns expereince means higher pay, then the young poor things dont have a chance ya its happening amereica we are revolting and a revolution is for sure...PPeace out america we can do this one step at a time after all it is our very lives our freedoms we must fight to get back.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I think we Americans need to keep this peaceful at all cost. We can show the world we are not violent people. It is not us distroying the world it is the governments egos destroying this life I love to have. peace peace and more peace

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Not yet first we need to get cold (lose the ability to pay for heat), then we need to become hungry not the oh no i cant have desert hungry true hunger when we eat the family pet (its a dog not a damn purse jockey) we need to to lose the ability to care for our children (no food, no clothing, no warm) we need to lose our 4.5 t.v.'s per house (cause we cant afford cable) we need to lose the internet and our phones (cant afford those either) then we need to lose our homes and have nowhere to go, lastly we need to lose all hope every last drop of it hope is the only thing that keeps protest peaceful and those in power in power.

When we have nothing to lose this is when we go for broke and SHTF until then we will protest and whine and then head back to our homes take a hot shower get a lil dinner check ATS and watch some football a little less comfortable than 5 years ago but all the same.

some of us are in the above situation right now with unemployment and the tent cities popping up but until 51 % of us are in this boat we will do no more than protest (whom i support by the way)

For the poster who said something to the like of us crying over a little police brutality so no way will we fight our our military well said
if you witness police brutality its your human responsibility and civil right to arrest the cop time to man up OWS you see it don't tweet it do something or shut up
edit on 10/16/2011 by Immune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Thank you, OP! This is an excellent question and one that every American should ponder.

In immediate answer I would have to say no. Most Americans will not stand up to or wish to actually change the government of the United States. All of us have been taught to be obedient to Uncle Sam and never question his authority. This belief is ingrained so deep it is a part of our social psyche.

Look around at all the flag waiving patriots who line the streets, adorn their homes and their vehicles with this symbol of fascist control, and admonish anyone who would question their intent that they can love it or leave it.

No. I don't think most Americans are ready to make the necessary sacrifice made by the original revolutionaries in their quest to dislodge tyranny from our shores. Who among us is ready to forfeit their life, their fortune and their sacred honor in pursuit of the ideals of liberty? Who among us is ready to support and defend our TRUE constitution? You know, the real deal. Before this sacred document was defaced by the Act of 1871 and many of the amendments (especially #16) that came after?

There are many groups that would rise to the occasion and offer violence as the only solution. Sincerely I do not disagree with this notion. However, preferentially there should be some impetus from 'the people' so that focus can be maintained on reaching the real goal of change.

In our country every person should be free to pursue those goals that provide one with the security of life, liberty and happiness. How many of us really understand what that means?

Somewhere along the way we gave our God given rights, inalienable rights, over to the boys in DC and their controllers. Now our liberty is at stake, our lives are downtrodden and there is no happiness to be found. How can this be in America? Because we let it.

Each citizen is not just endowed with certain rights, they also have certain responsibilities to ensure that those rights are protected. It is not just a responsibility, it is a DUTY to overthrow any form of government that would usurp these rights of the people for themselves.

This is not just empty banter or psychotic delusion. This is reality as proposed by the original revolutionaries in the very document that established that revolution. Read it. You might be surprised to learn that as citizens we have this duty to perform.

Our direction. Our purpose. Our meaning and our intent should originate from the documents that established the original revolution. These documents, the Declaration of Independence, and the US Constitution (in it's original form) should be our guiding light.
/
Let no man usurp our freedom. Let no man deny our liberty. Let no man control our lives, our fortunes, nor our sacred honor. For this is who we are as a nation. Allowing evil oppressors to continue using us as cannon fodder, using us to enrich themselves while depriving us of basic needs, turning every other country against us in pursuit of their agenda, cannot continue.

So you say you want a revolution, well you know, we all want to change the world.

Brothers and sisters stand up! Stop the useless dialog! Let us purposefully approach this situation with determination and tact. And when the bastards try to push us back down let them know....NO!

We will not be pushed any longer! Wake Up America! Let us once again take matters into our own hands as determined patriots for the love of liberty. Remember Boston Commons. Remember 9/11. Do not let the blood of our ancestors to have been shed in vain. It is now our turn.

For our children. For our grandchildren. And for the countless generations who will succeed us let us provide them with the basis for continued freedom and prosperity by uniting to end tyranny and restore liberty throughout the land.

Lest we be remembered as the generation that allowed the greatest tragedy ever recorded, the fall of the human spirit.

God bless us all...

reply to post by Blu82

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

Mobiusmale, show me the law that states that Americans must pay a Federal Income Tax please, thank you.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
No. All that is happening now, is nothing close to an anti-government revolution.

The Tea Party protests were probably as close as we will get. They had genuine beefs with the government, and all of them were armed. OWS folks are mad at corporations more than anything. People don't change governments violently over businesses.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
If the government was overthrown, I don't think it would be because of these protests. I think it would be because the military brass decided they had enough, would decide the price of what we have been doing is too high, and I daresay most Americans given the choice between the military and the current civilian leadership would place their faith in the former.

I think the fulcrum rests in the finance crisis that will spill over here from Europe. If the Federal Reserve destroys the wealth of the American people and the American government again, this time to save other states, international banks, and financial speculators, we'll find out then what people will and won't accept.

I know this: Mitt Romney vs. Barack Obama ain't going to cut it for anyone, and that's what we're looking at next year if everything holds true to form. We might see a true independent run, or we might see something totally out of the blue like what I describe above.

One thing we will not see is a new Constitution emerge from the tents down near Wall Street, however.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaqueFresco
reply to post by mobiusmale

Mobiusmale, show me the law that states that Americans must pay a Federal Income Tax please, thank you.

I am not sure why you are asking me...but here you go.

en.wikipedia.org...(United_States)#Arguments_about_constitutionality

This is a summary that claims to show that Federal Income Tax is all of lawful, enforceable and constitutional.

But, again...not sure why you are asking me for provide this information.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join