It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Says War On Terror Can't Be Won (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
During an interview for US television, President George Bush stated that he did not believe the war on terror could ever be won. Bush went on to say that he thought that the US foreign policies could create conditions that helped to discourage terrorism by making those who support terrorist activities unacceptable in other countries.

www.breakingnews.ie
President George Bush acknowledged today that he does not think the war on terror can be won, but said it would make it less acceptable for groups to use terrorism as a tool.

In a US TV interview, Bush, who has said he expects the war on terror to be a long, drawn-out battle, was asked: �Can we win it?�

The president replied: �I don�t think you can win it. But I think you can create conditions so that the � those who use terror as a tool are � less acceptable in parts of the world.�

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This seems to be a major change in rhetoric for the the president and his administration after so much patriotic speech in the days after the 9/11 attacks.

The president is campaigning in New Hampshire today before he heads to New York to speak and accept his parties nomination at the Republican National Convention.

[edit on 8/30/2004 by lockheed]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Well I knew from the get go that you can't WIN the war on terror.....

These extremists have been around since Jefferson was alive, he battled with them on the coast of Africa. THey have always hated people who aren't muslim. And it's because their religion speaks to them in extreme voices saying it's ok to kill people who aren't like you, they are infidels...

I can't believe Bush is finally getting it...However I do agree that you can create conditions so that those who use terror as a tool are less acceptable in parts of the world.�

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

I can't believe Bush is finally getting it...However I do agree that you can create conditions so that those who use terror as a tool are less acceptable in parts of the world.�

My question is, what kind of conditions is he talking about? Why do I get the feeling that the whole world is being set-up?

join