It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For All Of You That Have Been Touched In A Bad Place By George Lucas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

I was telling my daughter recently how the ships were cooler made with the models than the CGIs!

For sure. The sets and models rule all over the CGI stuff all most every time. I watch a lot of Japanese action movies old and new for this very reason. I love movies made with sets. That is what makes the Evil Dead movies so special.

P.S. If anyone would like to indulge in some therapeutic Darth Vader bashing you can check out my thread here...

Darth Vader Vs. Thulsa Doom. Who Do You Think Is Badder?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-10-2011 by Frater210 because:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
When George decided to go the lazy route and use cgi and Jar Jar binks.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

when the prequels gave away all of the "shocking revelations" from ESB.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

When George decided to go the lazy route and use cgi and Jar Jar binks.

And that is the crux of the matter isn't it? George gave up. Why? Maybe a few reasons.

Because George never put the things in to Star Wars that stimulated us all to seek outside of ourselves for the types of things that the story hinted at. Did you know, for instance, that Jim Henson based the design for Yoda on a real Zen Master? His name was Taizan Maezumi Roshi...

I was so into Star Wars that I ended up training with Maezumi Roshi (for a short while) and found out the Jim Henson connection after the fact.

See, George had little to do with the way it effected us all. He got a lot of help from folks like Joseph Campbell.

And when he found himself all alone and had to keep the ball rolling he could not. And when he felt forced to and screwed it up he became an evil and resentful troll.

He hates us. That's why he keeps doing this to these movies. He hates us because he hates himself.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jazkaat

when the prequels gave away all of the "shocking revelations" from ESB.

He couldn't keep the story straight despite the fact that he was surrounded by people who could have helped. We trusted him and he failed us and he knows this and that is why it appears that destroying these films has become an obsession for him.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
When George brought some Ewoks into the room I knew that my childhood was dead and that I would forever be someone that hated furries and then turned to alcohol

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by On the level

When George brought some Ewoks into the room I knew that my childhood was dead

Yeah, me too. I remember seeing them and it really did take me a moment to catch on that Lucas was not joking.

When I look back I realize that, with very few exceptions, Lucas's stupid films were the beginning and end for me and movies.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I was also shocked by George because he didn't give me any part in the movies... I would have made if fly, like the Icarus of Old..... ...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
When Luke and Leah came shockingly close to wanting to play hide the sausage in even my then innocent eyes and no one else batted an eyelid. When my fat best mate wanted to play dress up and I always had to be either Luke or Han solo and no one batted an eyelid...

FML
edit on 17-10-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
You know, I was weaned on high quality sci-fi, and never saw the Star Wars films until I was 16. I was underwhelmed to say the least. I feel that if Lucas had gotten his grubby little stubby fingers on me at a tender age, things may have been very different.

I walked out on Episode 1 20 minutes in. It was like unto being force fed Alpo through a double wide funnel.

Funny thing: a buddy of mine signed up on ATS as jarjarsyoni. High-larious.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mistermonculous

Episode 1 is fanfiction. You should have started at New Hope.

I walked out on Episode 1 20 minutes in.

This is meaningless. If you didn't even see the movie, how do you know its not good? Some movies like to, you know, build up the plot.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

This tendency of mine to to grumble about Star Wars has gotten me into some hot water with virtually all of my friends, and once even led to the early termination of a date that had otherwise been going all right

But yeah, I didn't see the next hour and a half of Ep. 1 getting any more bearable for me. Sorry, man.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I'm the only one here who thought the droids having their memories wiped to forget Vader made sense and who didn't really think Jar Jar was that bad?

Damn.....

But come on, Episode 1 was like Court TV In Space with all the talking. Not even Ray Park as the super badass Darth Maul could make up for it.

2 and 3 when Hayden came in and had to attempt to act? No thanks. Although 3 was the best of the prequels for obvious reasons even if Vader turned all cliche with his "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" line.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
I'm the only one here who thought the droids having their memories wiped to forget Vader made sense...

was it ever confirmed that R2 had his memory wiped? sneaky lil mech probably knew everything the whole time. wouldn't put it past him.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
At least none of you were forced to kiss your spotty same sex fat mate dressed in a green frilly tent pretending to be Leah. I'm scarred for life, mentally and physically from the nail digging I got when I did not comply.

Thank god I was an adult by the time those new ones came around, I don't think I could handle that coming at me pretending to be Padme too.

Sweet merciful baby Jesus... I need mind bleach to wash my brain of the memory.
edit on 19-10-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

reply to post by woodwardjnr

He hates us. That's why he keeps doing this to these movies. He hates us because he hates himself.

He hates himself and he hates us, but LOVES our money... George will ride the rotting, stinking corpse of star wars all the way to his grave.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

edit on 26-10-2011 by Frater210 because: oops

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Temple of Doom was an abortion of a film. I certainly felt "diddled" after watching it, leaving me as a a shell of my former self. Some times I have nightmares in which I continiously see Kate Capshaw’s cheesy overacting continuous screaming. Chilled Monkey Brains, beeltes and snakes? Is this a movie or and episode of Fear Factor? Piss off George.

Don't even get me started on the Crystal Skull..............Shia LeBeouf....lord,I think I just puked a little.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join