It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday�s scenaria how much is too much?

page: 1

join
share:
kix

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Lately (last 2 or 3 Years Tops) I have witnessed more and more end of the world Prophesies and doomsday escenarios than before.
The "mediums" "psychics" or "dreamers" have multiplied, and gotten cockier instead of past prophesies of "in 20 or 30 -100 years from now bla bla bla, now we have guys saying, you know what?...next friday the earth is going to blow up, or be hit by something bla bla bla....

The John Titor history (the jury is still out on that one) has made a tremendous impact on some people and created a rift between those who have hopes for the future and those who think we are going to die (in certain way) because someone told us so.

the 2 parts I want you to think about and give me your opinions are these:

a) Do you think that beginning with the 2Yk, we have become scared, gulible and depressed because of the current world affairs so you believe the END is "near"
b) If so have you made real plans in case one of those prophesies come true?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a) I believe that we had just as many rumors of the end of the world in the 80s as there are now, except people did not have access to computers and the internet as they do now.

Entertainers are getting cockier because there are certain occurances going on in the world in which they can capitalize on. The more news paper clippings and articles they have, the more easier it is to persuade people to believe in something that is not true. Again, the articles and news clippings aren't false, but they use this information to deceive people into believing their claims.

b) Even if I did have a plan I do not have the proper political and financial resources required to do so.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DetectivePerez
a) I believe that we had just as many rumors of the end of the world in the 80s as there are now, except people did not have access to computers and the internet as they do now.

So true. It use to just be in the Weekly World News or another one of the crapper papers but now it is all over the Internet spread like wildfire.

The one I like the best is the nuke predictions. Do you really think that terrorist have nukes? Come on now. They would have used them by now if they had them. If they had nukes they would have walked into the WTC with a suitcase instead of having to convince a bunch of idiots about the virgins etc, and wasting time with flying schools.

And if you think about it the casualties would have been much higher because nukes would have taken the building down to the ground from initial explosion, people wouldn't have been able to escape as they had.

So stop fearing doomsday because there will never be one.
9/11 was a fluke.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I agree that there were as many rumors in the past as there are today, but now we can have easier access to them...

I don't know about anyone else, but I think all the "end of the world" scenarios are a riot! I get a serious giggle out of a lot of them.

What seriously disturbs me is how many people BELIEVE all that stuff. And what's even worse are some people's reactions to self-proclaimed psychics... I mean, come on - what purpose is there in harassing someone DEMANDING proof of their psychic abilities (or lack thereof)?

In general, I think people just need to lighten up a little (myself included) and enjoy the ride...

Edit to add: Even though I don't believe all the scenarios presented - there are a lot of them that have elements that ring true, and I tend to give those parts of the rumors credence. And NO, I don't have any escape or safety plans in place.

[edit on 8-30-2004 by andhow]

kix

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
THAT IS MY POINT... If People are so gulible and belive in Titorean Scenarios, why they dont prepare, buy stuff, go to the Woods away from bad Geographical points etc.....

new topics

top topics

join