It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube complying with governments to remove protest videos! Its gettin wild guys and gals!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdMind
reply to post by Free4Ever2

Shame on google and youtube for being sell-outs.

Yeah, no kidding! What happened to leaving Whole countries because their government was censoring information and news on the internet?

Shame on google!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
Also here is your answer to what the British Government is trying to do. Are the Americans following in the same footsteps?

Seems Amusing the UK Government are going to any lengths to stop these videos from being posted, on the internet.

Thanks for sharing the vids - they really should have a thread of their own - it is so sad to see what humanity has been reduced to - no wonder they wanted to censor them.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
ok, here goes, next thing that will happen if the people continue, the internet goes down

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by skuly

If they are pulling videos off youtube and got a kill switch
for the net you got to ask how far are they going to go
to keep control of what we see.

The blackberry network last week had a lot of problems
with e mail and texts,And it just happens the uk goverment
blamed the encryption that it used for the england riots as the
police cant keep tabs on people meeting up unlike facebook
which can be read by anyone.

So call me a little paranoid (on ats the normal state of mind) but
mabe a test run on infomation control.

I thought the exact same thing when i read about Blackberries phones being down last week.... a practice run to see how people re-act to being without communication so easily...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Originally posted by Free4Ever2

The latest example is You Tube’s compliance with a request from the British government to censor footage of the British Constitution Group’s Lawful Rebellion protest, during which they attempted to civilly arrest Judge Michael Peake at Birkenhead county court. www.prisonplanet.com...
[

Jon Stewart Responds To Being Banned In The UK:

www.mediaite.com...

I don't have anything else to say. Jon Stewart says it all.

in fact his entire segment was about how “England is awesome“– but because he used Parliamentary footage in satire: a crime in the UK. Going through a list of things that aren‘t banned in the UK, he couldn’t help but ask: “who is the arbiter of what gets to go on the air in your country?”

just seeing the Site
If thats the Case just because of a a Political News Program with Comedy !

Then Why didnt The U.K. Government Banned Benny Hill Right Off as they did Later.. or Monty Python Flying Circus ! or Even my Favorite Comedy Show that was Always dissing or make fun of the Government and the Monarchy in Every Step ! The Black Adder!

Will the UK Ban a Movie Called the Network ! if Some Media News Channels in the UK dont go Along the Goverment Request of Censoring certain Issues like When Civilians Take Back Control of the Political Corupt!

Im very Surprised Here in the Grand ol USA The Government did not Remove or Silence MSNBC Dylan Ratigan Exposing the Federal Banks and a Bought Congress ! For that I praise Him!

Video: MSNBC’s Dylan Ratigan has a meltdown over the meltdown
news.yahoo.com...

Dylan Ratigan
en.wikipedia.org...

2011 Rant
en.wikipedia.org...

We've got a real problem! This is a mathematical fact! Tens of trillions of dollars are being extracted from the United States of America. Democrats aren't doing it, Republicans aren't doing it. An entire integrated system, financial system, trading system, taxing system, that was created by both parties over a period of two decades is at work on our entire country right now. And we're sitting here arguing about whether we should do the $4 trillion plan that kicks the can down the road for the president for 2017, or burn the place to the ground, both of which are reckless, irresponsible, and stupid."[8]

On a followup post on his website the day after he wrote that he had received a lot of positive mail from viewers, writing "I’m mad as hell. And according to the piles and piles of responses I got after my rant, so are you."[11]

America’s Mad as Hell Moment
August 10, 2011
www.dylanratigan.com...

as i said when will a 1976 Movie Called Network be removed ! ( Mad as HeLL )

Corporate Control There is no Democrat or Republicans Just Corporate's with the Dollors

Sound Familiar ? 35 years ago!

Network - Mad as Hell Scene

Banks Banks Banks ! Corporate Money the Squeeze

Network - The World is a Business

edit on 17-10-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Things are getting real bad - you'd better take a look at this one and the warning they've received.

To be taken down within 36 hours:
______beforeitsnews/story/1240/145/Federal_Reserve_Tells_YouTube_to_Take_Down_Critical_Video.html

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
They took our civility and kindness as weakness

Bad idea

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable. John F. Kennedy

edit on 17-10-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

civility and kindness might work with animals but these are much below the animal reign
pull out the anger! it might just work!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished

Isn't this kind of illegal? To stop the press and media from showing what is going on? At least in America I know that it is, wow that would be pathetic. This just shows that the government is scared.

No this shows the government is Facist in principle , restrictions on press are facist ideologies !
it's happening in america and its already happening in the UK
we have more CCTV than any other country , whilst america maybe one step away from Facism , that one step being the goose step . the UK it seems is almost there we just havent commited genocide yet.
Hell at least americans have a bill of rights and a constitution , us in the UK dont have jack, well maybe accept the Union jack !

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
This is an amazing time for someone to make a Billion in a very short period of time. Why doesn't someone set up a business like YouTube that is solely geared towards videos that can be shared around the world regarding all this civil unrest etc, because lets be honest if the S doesn't HTF soon then this "event" will last a long time...

Anyone out there with a spare bit of money and a good IT knowledge not want to set up

"FreedomTube" ????

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
As George Bush said, "Yer either with us, or against us".

The Internet is not what you think it is. Do a Freedom of Information Act request to the White House to find out how many "National Security Letters" Obama's sent out to force people to shut off their websites.

Youtube isn't Neutral. Neither is the internet.

Its a tool, just not for the public.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

In interests of national security or national pride ?

yet again another facist act

All im asking is who is going to protect us against the facists now that our own countries have become what they were against in world war 2

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Isnt this a bit old new though?? The article is months old, but yet you make it sound like something that just came out now.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
We are in a information war, and we are not loosing

Keep it civil people, do it right and our old leaders will loose against our stronger mind.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Please excuse my ignorance, but if they shut down the entire internet, can you still use Tor ?

If so, then perhaps someone can write a program, or set up a site that operates on Tor only ?

If not, then I guess there is always pirate radio, or postering.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by D4nny

All I can say is. If they want to get people out into the streets just take away their internet.

Agreed. That will definately be a very, very bad mistake by TPTB. But then again, they don't appear to be too bright after all

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

If I could I would.

But that would probably be censored also. The Governments would class it as Anti Government and a Terrorist Site, just as they have with channels such as Press TV, RT and other websites which question their authority.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I never would have saw this coming! Amazing! Truly a surprise!
edit on 17-10-2011 by Vandettas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by notonsamepage
We are in a information war, and we are not loosing

Keep it civil people, do it right and our old leaders will loose against our stronger mind.

Its all About the Information !

Ben Kingsley in "Sneakers"

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join