It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How BIG government is in collusion with Corporate Interests RIGHT NOW.... More of the Same from Obam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Some of you get it, more of you don't. It is NOT just the corporations...

It is the collusion between the corporations AND the BIG, POWERFUL government with the total EXCLUSION of the people and our best interests...We cannot have a true free market when this is taking place. Enter next, threats and intimidation. You get exactly what you voted into office...

It is NOT the right, and it is NOT the left. It is the collusion of the two. It is the false right/left paradigm they have set up deliberately to divide us.

There is NO better example than right here:
You are being screwed

OPEN IT^^^^^^^^^READ IT!!!! This is BIG SCARY legislation. This is happening without judicial review. THINK of the ramifications.

Nothing demonstrates more clearly what they are doing RIGHT NOW, even while thousands at OWS are protesting. They are not missing a beat. They do not listen to you...They OWN you.

The rich and the powerful continue to keep what they have in place. The games and diversions continue. What is the current "threat level?"

OWS is nothing more than a support arm for the current regime...They've latched on to you protesters. Don't you know they are "on your side." LoL... transparency in government, ha!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Beautiful thread. S&F x 1,000,000

I'm glad more people are seeing through the fog of BS that is surrounding this entire movement!

Awesome, brilliant!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Our last and best hope

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
From the link. Seems more than a few of you can't be arsed into opening it without a quote. This is a big deal. This post should be generating more discussion. Agree with me or not about the value of the OWS movement. THIS is a big deal.

Top-ranking Obama administration officials, including the U.S. copyright czar, played an active role in secret negotiations between Hollywood, the recording industry and ISPs to disrupt internet access for users suspected of violating copyright law, according to internal White House e-mails. The e-mails, obtained via the Freedom of Information Act, (.pdf) show the administration’s cozy relationship with Hollywood and the music industry’s lobbying arms and its early support for the copyright-violation crackdown system publicly announced in July.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite

Our last and best hope

If you'd bother to go to an event you would see plenty of Paul signs...

Instead you are being manipulated into being the controlled opposition.

Obama is not very popular at the events FYI

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
You are correct, this is outrageous. However, they get caught all the time and nothing ever gets done. My hope is that the OWS movement will gain traction and shed light all of the corporate/government misdeeds, not just banking and Wall St.

As an aside, call it semantics, but the use of the word "czar" really bothers me. It has ever since I first heard our govrnment use it in reference to a Drug Czar back in the 1990's. It just sounds soooo....USSR. Kinda like the Homeland thing...sounds way too "Fatherland"ish to me. But I digress...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

Thanks for sharing your opinion on OWS. I'll try to keep an open mind.

Are you at all concerned about our eventual transformation to corporate fiefdom-state? Do you have any thoughts about the link I shared?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I thought everybody knew this already. You and Beezzer seem to be the only ones that are surprised.

edit on 16-10-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

From the Copyfraud blog:"Espinel has a loosely-defined and wide-ranging mandate related to the enforcement of intellectual property rights. There is no reason to imagine that she operates only in public settings. Indeed, it’s likely that there are many other closed-door, private meetings and negotiations in which she has participated. And if Espinel has exceeded what Congress envisaged when it authorized her position, well, that’s the trouble with czars: once you have them, it’s hard to keep them in check...

link

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Which "this" are you referring to that "everyone" already knows?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

This: "BIG government is in collusion with Corporate Interests"

Even if it's "Local government is in collusion with local businesses" isn't that the way it has always been?

edit on 16-10-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

It is far more layered and complex than it has ever been, and every day it is getting worse. For example in the linked article, throw in the czar element and the secrecy allowed by that nuance, and prepare for even more.

Do you believe special relationships should be allowable based on certain parameters? If so, what would those parameters be? Who would oversee that? Which "special" issues would take precedence?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Being more complex doesn't make it different. It was probably worse back before everything left a digital trail and worse still before there were paper trails.

What I believe should be allowed is not important. Voting them out doesn't work and protesting just means they have to add another layer to the complexity, which they will, and the song remains the same.

new topics

top topics

join