It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is hate speech? I'll tell ya what it is

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The term hate speech is a form of trap that certain people have started using in order to deflect criticism that is aimed at anyone who may or may not deserve the criticism....it is up to the listener to discern what hate speech is....even a guilty party can call hate speech when allegations are brought up.......The words hate speech have literally no boundaries, anything spoken about another person, even if it's true can be geniusly construed as hate speech in order to deflect attention to what they don't want attention drawn to.........it is a psychological abuse designed to constrict your way of communicating to conform to your opponent's belief that it should be..........it is a way of saying " I don't like what you just said, so now I am going to punish you for it".....I've even heard of people getting post banned for using what the moderators, THEY themselves deemed as hate speech......even when it wasn't meant as hate speech.......just remember, any criticism at all, even the tiniest bit, depending on the amount of insecurity the person it is directed at feels, can be construed as hate speech......

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Hmmm, how are we ever going to be a free society if anyone and everyone can call hate speech when they want to?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I see that you are bothered by something, maybe something here on ATS. We have ALL been there at one time or another, and many of us, have written a thread about it. Its a price that is paid in both a forum and in life that we have to choose whether to be part of it, ignore it, or just let it go.

BTW, when I get to feeling the way that you do, I always refer to my signature below...

Good luck, NRE.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Dont worry my friend its just a form of control

I do not usually abide by it at all and say what I want. I just don't care but sometime like here on ATS you must abide by the "rules" or else you dont get to be part of it.

I do not have any respect for people that enforce rules, in fact I wish for their demise. Out there in society its a slap on the wrist if you use so called hate speech.....on here I think its a ban or warnings or something....!

Just choose your moments.

Once all these protests around the world have concluded and the elites have achieved what they wanted - your speech will be curtailed once more. And its coming thanks to the protesting. Playing right into their hands. Communism 101

new topics

top topics

join