It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran warns West of 'strong confrontation' to any 'inappropriate measures'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Time will tell the tale. But as the leader of our nation, Obama (not the Sec Def, not the head of the CIA, not a senator, but the president, the top dog) is saying they have proof. That means we are in this deep. So keep an eye out for the release of this proof. A leader of any nation pointing the finger at another nation is as serious as it gets. I don't know about you, but this sounds like war. -sigh-

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Don't fall off your soap box now you two

No need to worry, if we fall we will still get up and carry on.

Honestly though. The history books don't explain a lot of the things your forefathers did. The past is ugly. I am sure they were just as corrupt then as they are now. Regardless of what your forefathers would be thinking don't you think that the U.S. is being overly aggressive with their accusations of the plot?

Sure, but in the end I will never live under sharia law and would see Iran erased from the map if it was the only way to prevent it. The same would go for Italy if the vatican was trying the same thing.

I can just imagine how some will interprit this.

If there was such a plot and there was proof the U.S. would be expected to present the evidence. You don't make such bold claims without backing them up, especially if you plan on reacting on them. If you two are too blind to see that your forefathers would have made eye care a bit cheaper.

Again, I am not american, I am Canadian so my forefathers are British.

When is the government ever inclined to show all its evidence to the general public? They have shared the evidence with the UN and Saudi and thats all they really have to do.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

Provide your proof that the plot is real. Cheers

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Provide your proof that the plot is real. Cheers

What a useless reguest.

Is 5StarOracle on Obama's staff and privy to state secrets?

Cheers

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

When is the government ever inclined to show all its evidence to the general public? They have shared the evidence with the UN and Saudi and thats all they really have to do.

They are required to at least prove their case for any invasion or sanctions that they wish to act on, unless of course they want to be the exact description of tyrants that they accuse countries like Iran of being. The country that the U.S. portrays itself as, is expected to act like a respectable member of the world community. Especially if you consider all the world policing they do.

I am Canadian too, and have lived in the U.S. for a few years. Trust me when I say we are all in the same situation minus a few cosmetic differences. The U.S. looks pretty stupid when they constantly accuse Iran of things that the Americans themselves are guilty of doing. Some of you fail to look at both sides, it keeps you from seeing clearly.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The guy who plotted to kill the Saudi man.....was American.

He was trying to get the Mexican Drug Cartels to help him.

......and where in all this is Iran exactly? The dude was an American.....not Iranian.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

'US will regret any anti-Iran move'
Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:32PM GMT

www.presstv.ir/detail/204909.html

Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei warns the US and its allies against any unwise action against Tehran, stressing that such a move would receive a strong response from Iran.

The Leader was referring to Washington's accusations regarding Iran's alleged involvement in a plot to assassinate Saudi Arabian Ambassador Adel al-Jubeir, with help from a suspected member of a Mexican drug cartel.

“If US authorities are harboring certain fantasies they should know that inappropriate moves, whether political or security in nature, will receive a decisive response from the Iranian nation,” Ayatollah Khamenei said in an address to thousands of students and academics in the western city if Kermanshah.

(...)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Iran has made many comments about destroying Jews, and Americans. Who cares is the Saudi plot was them. Iran is on USs, and Israels "# list" and rightfully so. Why wait for them to kill us?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jondave
Iran has made many comments about destroying Jews, and Americans. Who cares is the Saudi plot was them. Iran is on USs, and Israels "# list" and rightfully so. Why wait for them to kill us?

The fact that people use propaganda as their justification to support these actions shows how far we have to go as a society.

Do you believe everything you hear without researching it yourself first? If you ever actually bothered to look into it you would know that Iran never threatened to kill Jews. Iran has a large population of Jews who are very happy. In fact they were offered money by Israel to locate there, and they flat out denied.

You don't believe me? Check this out then, it's even from a mainstream source. The type of news that you seem to believe.

There are 25,000+ Jews living in Iran. When Israel backed a plan to pay Iranian Jewish families $60,000 to settle in Israel, Society of Iranian Jews met the announcement with scorn, issuing this statement: "The identity of Iranian Jews is not tradable for any amount of money. Iranian Jews are among the most ancient Iranians. Iran's Jews love their Iranian identity and their culture, so threats and this immature political enticement will not achieve their aim of wiping out the identity of Iranian Jews."

Can people now stop saying that Iran hates Jews?
edit on 16-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

Thanks, I hadn't found that, interesting to note though that the article in the link you posted which gives more details of his speech reads as much less aggressive than than the article in the original link that starts off with his speech and then smoothly slips into a completely different speech by a different person to make the whole thing sound more aggressive than the sum of it's parts.

A bit of devious editing there

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

A soon as Iran acknowledges Israels right to exists and stops calling for its destruction I believe we can safely stop saying Iran hates jews. Until that time I will consider Iran and its plans for global sharia law a threat to the worlds freedom.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

After you watch this

are you going to ask for bombs to be dropped on america and on canada to bring the people freedom and democracy? Or are you just another hypocrite like oh what BS obama and hilarious hillary are?
edit on 16/10/11 by Unrivaled1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

News Code: 30615007 (2113238) Publish Date : 24/07/1390 - 17:20
Supreme Leader: Iranian nation thwarts any destructive plot

www.irna.ir/ENNewsShow.aspx?NID=30615007

Tehran, Oct 16, IRNA – Supreme Leader of Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei on Sunday warned enemies of the Iranian nation that any destructive movement or plot will face a crushing response from the Islamic Republic of Iran.

(...)

News number: 9007161159

18:05 | 2011-10-16
Leader: US Seeking to Overshadow Wall Street Protests by Accusing Iran

english.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=9007161159

TEHRAN (FNA)- Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei stressed that the US has leveled the recent accusations against Iran in a bid to overshadow the Occupy Wall Street protests that are growing into a global movement against capitalism.

Addressing a large congregation of university students and professors and academic figures in Iran's Western province of Kermanshah on Sunday, Ayatollah Khamenei pointed to the US allegations that Iran plotted to assassinate a Saudi envoy to Washington, and stressed that one of the possible goals of the media ballyhoo over the issue is to overshadow the Wall Street protests.

"The people of at least 80 countries have supported the growing movement and that is bitter and hard for the American officials (to accept)," the Leader stated.

(...)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker

A soon as Iran acknowledges Israels right to exists and stops calling for its destruction I believe we can safely stop saying Iran hates jews. Until that time I will consider Iran and its plans for global sharia law a threat to the worlds freedom.

Iran has allowed Israel to exist, and has not called for it's destruction. In fact, I can't recall Iran ever attacking Israel under this current government. In fact, I can remember Israel being accused of assassinating Iranian scientists. From what I hear Iran has some compelling evidence too.

Are you going to actually post something truthful and worthwhile or are you going to keep repeating the same propaganda over and over?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I think and have always believed that Iran would destroy the West if they ever got the means to do so. I believe they are working on acquiring nuclear weapons.

But I do not believe this fabricated story of this Terror Plot. It just doesn't make any sense to me no matter how you look at it. Iran is not this stupid. They are very Radical, but not stupid. An American Citizen who has Iranian blood in him, going to the drug cartels in Mexico?

If people really fall for this story, then there are a lot more people asleep than what I thought.

And here is another link on the OP's story. www.presstv.ir...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Iran has allowed Israel to exist, and has not called for it's destruction. In fact, I can't recall Iran ever attacking Israel under this current government. In fact, I can remember Israel being accused of assassinating Iranian scientists. From what I hear Iran has some compelling evidence too.

Are you going to actually post something truthful and worthwhile or are you going to keep repeating the same propaganda over and over?

Don't forget that Israel backed the Shah, aswell as the CIA (US) and SAS (UK) who put him in. Shah Pavlavi was so brutal and oppressive that leftists and Shia militias carried out revolution against him with popular support. The reason why the Islamists got in power is because the Shah and his Western backers didn't think they were a threat and instead focused on brutally crushing the Marxists, which were to weak to rise to the top after the 1979 revolution.

I think it's disgusting that the anti-Iran bandwagon refuses to believe historical facts, especially the ones clearly showing that the Iranian people revolted against the American proxy totalitarian dictatorship under the Shah. Oh, and then there was that Iran-Iraq war that killed over 100,000 Iranians, only made possible from American support for Saddam.

Gee, I wonder why Iran isn't friendly with the US

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Unrivaled1

There is a reason the US Constitution gives americans the right to own and bear arms. That reason is so the people can meet a unjust governments force with equal force.

All the peace lovers like to say violence solves nothing all the while not understanding that an act of violence gave them their inherited freedom in the first place.

If american protesters would start tearing down wallstreet and kicking the cops butts we would see some real change. Did any of the Arab Spring revolutions go down without violence?

Like I said earlier, people have forgotten survival is not a right but something people in the past actually had to work and fight for.

The government has taken the backbone out of people and its time for them to grow a new one or forever bend over for the government in slavery.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

A soon as Iran acknowledges Israels right to exists and stops calling for its destruction I believe [u\we can safely stop saying Iran hates jews.

If Iran hated the jews so much, they would have started with their own jewish minority (second largest jewish population in the middle east) .

Instead the fact is that the Iranians are living in peace with their muslim neighbours in Iran.

But... Im sure, you would rather listen to the bull# on the MSM... that "Iran hates the jews".

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Unrivaled1

There is a reason the US Constitution gives americans the right to own and bear arms. That reason is so the people can meet a unjust governments force with equal force.

That amendment is there for the sake of the American people arming themselves to fight THEIR OWN unjust government. Don't you think it unconstitutional when the American government forcibly disarms its own people during times of crisis (like in Katrina)?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Iran has allowed Israel to exist, and has not called for it's destruction.

Iran has allowed Israel to exist? I said acknowledges Israels right to exist which they have not done. Iran doesn't have the right to allow anything.

And as for the rest...

Translation controversyMany news sources repeated the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting statement by Ahmadinejad that "Israel must be wiped off the map",[5][6] an English idiom which means to "cause a place to stop existing",[7] or to "obliterate totally",[8] or "destroy completely".[9]

Ahmadinejad's phrase was " بايد از صفحه روزگار محو شود " according to the text published on the President's Office's website.[10]

The translation presented by the official Islamic Republic News Agency has been challenged by Arash Norouzi, who says the statement "wiped off the map" was never made and that Ahmadinejad did not refer to the nation or land mass of Israel, but to the "regime occupying Jerusalem". Norouzi translated the original Persian to English, with the result, "the Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time."[11] Juan Cole, a University of Michigan Professor of Modern Middle East and South Asian History, agrees that Ahmadinejad's statement should be translated as, "the Imam said that this regime occupying Jerusalem (een rezhim-e eshghalgar-e qods) must [vanish from] the page of time (bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad).[12] According to Cole, "Ahmadinejad did not say he was going to 'wipe Israel off the map' because no such idiom exists in Persian." Instead, "he did say he hoped its regime, i.e., a Jewish-Zionist state occupying Jerusalem, would collapse."[13] The Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) translated the phrase similarly, as "this regime" must be "eliminated from the pages of history."[14]

Iranian government sources denied that Ahmadinejad issued any sort of threat. On 20 February 2006, Iran's foreign minister Manouchehr Mottaki told a news conference: "How is it possible to remove a country from the map? He is talking about the regime. We do not recognize legally this regime."[15][16][17]

Wiki

I perfectly understand what was said. He is calling for the collaspe of Israel and at the same time arming its enemies with Iranian weapons that kill jews.

Split hairs all you like.

I could ask the same of you. I find your support of this repressive regime depressing. Hate the USA all you like, but there are no OWS protesters being shot in the head by snipers.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join