It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran warns West of 'strong confrontation' to any 'inappropriate measures'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

There on US hit list so would not surprise me..In my way of thinking Europe should police it self Asia Arab states Americas also..but to many fingers in to many pies oil gas..and throw in armalites and ak47s and nuclear ambitions and it boils over..

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Sanctions, schmanctions. Like that really matters anyway. We have been sanctioning Iran for years and obviously it hasn't stooped their pursuit of nuclear "power", which was the intended outcome all along.

What is obvious to me, is how quickly the UN jumped onboard with the whole retaliation plan. Makes me wonder how much money or how many weapons were "donated" for that to have happened.

Iran is no saint. But this whole plot was just plain stupid and Iran is not stupid. An Iranian-American is going to be given 1.5M to shop around for an assassin..,.within the drug cartel organization? First, the cartels don't negotiate with anyone, they just kill people, behead them, and leave them hanging from bridges. Had this guy approached them, it would be far more likely that they would have just killed him. Given the whole Fast and Furious debacle, I can't imagine a cartel member trusting any American....Iranian or not.

Furthermore, if Iran is incapable of actually ordering an assassination and following through on their own, instead of needing to outsource it, it shows you how incapable they are, so what's the threat anyway???

You have to look at the pros and cons list. What benefit is there to Iran if the ambassador from Saudi Arabia is killed? Showing a security weakness? Encouraging others to try and kill people on US soil? I thought that was the purpose of alQaida.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Sorry there Mega Mind it seems I cannot dispute your intellect like you are allowed to attack mine... You may no longer be young but...

It seems many here and not only for this topic are hindered in their ability to see the big picture because of the most recent thread they have read.... Deny ignorance indeed...

Its in the works lets see what happens I guess....

edit on 16-10-2011 by 5StarOracle because: add

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

Iran should shut up, they have mouthed off for long enough...

No mate, the only country that's been "mouthing off" is the good ol' US of A with it's typical arrogance and hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Ya so they have not openly spoke of death to the USA and several other countries? By The masses and their leaders on various forms of multimedia?

Either you do not know what your talking about, or I must have some wicked dreams....

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
reply to post by Kram09

Ya so they have not openly spoke of death to the USA and several other countries? By The masses and their leaders on various forms of multimedia?

Either you do not know what your talking about, or I must have some wicked dreams....

Can you please give me a factual source of Iranian aggression towards the USA within the last 10-20 years?

It has been Israel and the U.S. criticizing every aspect of Iran's existence ever since the revolution. You have clearly been fooled by the propaganda machine. How does that cool aid taste?

And please don't try to tell us that Mahmoud threatened to wipe Israel off the map. That lie has been proven to be dishonest so many times.
edit on 16-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I'm not even going to bother arguing with you. I've got better things to do.

But I'll say this....you really need to wake up and smell the coffee. Have a look around the world and realise what is going on here. It's because of people like you that these kind of things carry on happening. People like you who don't THINK.

You're entitled to your opinion by all means....but just stop for a moment and THINK.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

there is one of hundreds of videos....

Now Iran is making propaganda for the USA? what the hell are you trying to say now?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

That's the problem your still thinking and think you understand, while I am knowing see...
edit on 16-10-2011 by 5StarOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

Iran should shut up, they have mouthed off for long enough...

No mate, the only country that's been "mouthing off" is the good ol' US of A with it's typical arrogance and hypocrisy.

These threads make me laugh. From people believing Iran could fight the US to all the anit-american sentiment I can barely keep myself from giggling like a little girl.

I can understand the worldwide frustration against the USA but for soo many europeans to be soo anti-USA while muslims are overrunning your countries is laughable. Iran is the big pusher for a muslim ruled world and just becuase of your anger over US policies you will defend the country partly responsible for dragging yours into Sharia law.

Have fun with that and be sure not to ask the USA for help when you are finally overrun and your culture is washed away.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker

Have fun with that and be sure not to ask the USA for help when you are finally overrun and your culture is washed away.

At least we have a culture to wash away.

We dont need to rely on the US, they chickened out of helping the only time my country has gone into war in my lifetime to defend itself.

The US needs the UK more than the UK needs the US.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com...

One factual source.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

there is one of hundreds of videos....

Now Iran is making propaganda for the USA? what the hell are you trying to say now?

Uhm...you're joking right?

How about we have someone who speaks Persian/Farsi translate what was really said. I can't believe people are still using YouTube propaganda pieces as part of their argument on here. Even I try to use something unbiased as possible.

I am confident that the majority of ATS does not believe that mistranslation.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

Now that's what I'm talking about...

Bunch of weak in the knees blind sheep wanting a revolution pissed off they have to suffer a little while things get adjusted... Wanting to destroy their own countries from within through revolution or start it off with protests, who do not realize they are being led astray and helping those who wish for Islam to rule the world... Nice to see the thread take a turn in the right direction....

Our forefathers who fought hard for our freedom endured real hell on earth would turn over in the grave if they knew how weak and blind we have truly become...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
At least we have a culture to wash away.

I'm not american so I don't really care. I will say if you think the USA doesn't have culture you must have your head in the sand.

We dont need to rely on the US, they chickened out of helping the only time my country has gone into war in my lifetime to defend itself.

I guess the USA saving your bacon in WW2 counts for nothing huh?

The US needs the UK more than the UK needs the US.

Sure, I don't agree but whatever floats your boat.

edit on 16-10-2011 by FreeSpeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

At least you provided a source

Did you notice how they excessively use the word "allegedly"? Articles like that are a dime a dozen. The mainstream is known for flooding the news with baseless reports that contradict each other to cause confusion. In order to use that article as debate in your argument you are saying that you believe that Iran actually had a part in this plot. I personally do not believe this. So any article that supports this theory is incorrect.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by deadmessiah

Yes they'd stop rattling and actually use them ,here here,maybe another big invasion solve the finance crisis ,prep for war = cash,read history.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Our forefathers who fought hard for our freedom endured real hell on earth would turn over in the grave if they knew how weak and blind we have truly become...

I despair over how weak we have become. People have been given a easy life for soo long they have forgotten that survival is your own responsiblity, not the governments.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Is there a source for this story that's not from Israel, because obviously THEY wouldn't be biased in any way...... Would they

Yes they probably would, but not for the reasons you say

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker

I despair over how weak we have become. People have been given a easy life for soo long they have forgotten that survival is your own responsiblity, not the governments.

Don't fall off your soap box now you two

Honestly though. The history books don't explain a lot of the things your forefathers did. The past is ugly. I am sure they were just as corrupt then as they are now. Regardless of what your forefathers would be thinking don't you think that the U.S. is being overly aggressive with their accusations of the plot?

If there was such a plot and there was proof the U.S. would be expected to present the evidence. You don't make such bold claims without backing them up, especially if you plan on reacting on them. If you two are too blind to see that your forefathers would have made eye care a bit cheaper.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join