It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Up With All The satan Talk?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Religion is responsible for more lies, deceit, hatred, war, death, starvation, greed, mental sickness, poverty, and misunderstanding than any other concept. Religion, in the majority of it's forms, will be one of mankind's greatest regrets - assuming we can keep from killing each other long enough to be able to look back on how we are today.
edit on 16-10-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

Don't blame religion for that, blame those who where in power at the time. It's the leaders who lied, had hatred started wars and all of the other things you mentioned, not the religion. While I don't agree with all religions I can honestly say that I never read one that teaches such things.
edit on 16-10-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

Then you should re-read your Bible.

It's the most violent and disgusting book I've ever read, and I read lots.

You must have one of those corrupt versions everyone talks about because I never read anything like that. And spare me all of the quotes where you think God is evil, I've heard them all.

My Bible, with my name inscribed on it, is the King James Version that I received as a gift when I was 8.

I've read through it completely twice. I've referred to it countless times. Often times I talk with People of Faith - we will have a lot of disagreements because, you know, I'm interested in truth. Anyway, I'm often surprised to find that believers have often never read the book they claim holds so much truth. Or they have read parts of it, but always under instruction, and were given instruction on how to interpret it.

Others I find aren't capable of understanding what they're reading..

I'm not sure how you could have read the KJV yet would still disagree that it's full of murder, genocide, torture, blah blah blah.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Honestly a lot of them probably were not serious. Referring to Satan as the good guy may have something to do with the millions of people that god killed versus the 3 that Satan killed in the bible.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Satan on a pastel? Surely a good solid Primary like a red is more his colour.

Why all the Satan talk? Perhaps in these times of rapid change people are just getting hideously sickened to the stomach of all the God talk. Perhaps in turning away from the Church they turn to the love of the self. Perhaps people are coming to air their views to keep some balance.

What your definition of Satanism may be may well differ from someone elses. Some people may skip through life living the ideals of the Church of Satan and never actually know it. There lies another rub, people may regard Satanists as baby eating monsters when in fact that type we know the type the media likes to portray. The idiotic loner, black candle sniffing vampire type, barely 20, who goes out of their way to do something terrible to get their spotty mug in the papers and get some stupid 5 minutes of fame for eating a grannies face.

So why here, why now?
Well...Why not?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Religion is responsible for more lies, deceit, hatred, war, death, starvation, greed, mental sickness, poverty, and misunderstanding than any other concept. Religion, in the majority of it's forms, will be one of mankind's greatest regrets - assuming we can keep from killing each other long enough to be able to look back on how we are today.

I don't particularly like religion either, but I think it is responsible for much of mankind's progress. It is an example of man being impractical - just like art. If man was always practical he probably would never have tried anything new.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join