It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Con/Chemtrail over Arbroath, Angus, Scotland now (16th Oct 1630 GMT)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
First off let me just say th chemtrail issue is not one I follow at all, I haven't seen as much as a contail behind a plane in years, until today.

About 20 past 4 I stepped outside my house to walk my trusty dog, looked up and immediately spotted a vapour trail that was so long I couldn't see either end for buildings around me, I kept looking up as I walked from the town centre to Victoria Park, where I noticed it appeared to be the full lengtrh of the town, ending where the land meets the North Sea. I say I haven't seen a vapour trail in years but from what I remember they start to disappear after about 5 or so lengths of a plane. This one hung around for at least half an hour, I didn't see where it came from, but there's no mistaking that this was not a normal contrail or it would have gone away much quicker than it did. In the time it's taken me to write this (on my phone, with one hand since I have my dog) it has gone but I have never seen anything like it before. Has anyone else in this area seen anything similar?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by djz3ro

Did you manage to snap a cell phone pic or anything?

Prepare to be lynched. A few people will be here any minute to tell you that it is that time of year for contrails to start appearing again

Since we all know there were none all summer, right?

Good luck

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Did you manage to snap a cell phone pic or anything?

I did take a pic but the quality of my camera on my phone means that you can't see anything other than blue sky and a couple of normal clouds, I wish I had taken my camera with me because, as well as the trail there was a big black cloud over the sun and there were some awesome rays of sunshine coming through the clouds!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by djz3ro

If you have a look at some of the other recent threads on this page, you will see reference to persistent contrails, and here's a link to some very old, but very valid information that may explain what you saw. Its not that unusual, it may only be that you never noticed before. The second column mentions persistent trails (those that linger) and even has a graph to illustrate where they occur.

www.flightglobal.com...
edit on 16-10-2011 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
sorry pal pics or it didn't happen

and even if you got pics , its nothing more then contrails !

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
sorry pal pics or it didn't happen

and even if you got pics , its nothing more then contrails !

Very true, and you have to remember there are different types of contrail, depending on the weather condition.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c9500d414e8d.jpg[/atsimg]

The one from the OP sounds like the second on here, persistent, but not spreading.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Anything like this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by djz3ro
I say I haven't seen a vapour trail in years but from what I remember they start to disappear after about 5 or so lengths of a plane.

Seems a bit surprising, given that you are about 15 miles from Dundee, you should have been able to see any contrail over there, like these from this summer:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or these, from Arbroath:

You get quite a lot of flyover traffic, so I suspect you get a lot more contrails than you realize. Maybe now your interest has been piqued, you'll notice them more.
edit on 16-10-2011 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by djz3ro

There were a lot of planes visible from Abroath at 1600 UTC on the 16th visible on www.flightradar24.com... -

As you can see, flights going every which way - many heading off on Polar routes - and of course these are jsut the ones fitted with ADSB that this site can pick up - there may also be others that are not fitted with that hardware and do not show up.

To check history on www.flightradar24.com... check the "Live" button on the top-tight, and select a date and UTC time - UTC is the same as GMT for practical purposes - just not so obviously England-centric

If you click on an individual plane you get it's flight number, origin & destination, a/c type, altitude at htat time, and a track showing it's previous positions since you stated the playback.
edit on 16-10-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join