It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin is nearest to Earth today (Oct. 16) and tomorrow...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Yeah Elenin went POOF. You'll be lucky to catch any part of it's mass on all with a telescope as it burst into fragments and has probably 99% dissolved by now.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
Tonight Deadman Walking Season 2 starts on cable... zombie apocalypse for those who need a fix.

It's called The Walking Dead.
It's on AMC.
They are going to play all of season 1 today starting at 2:30pm Eastern Time all the way up to the season premiere which starts at 9pm Eastern Time.
And.......YES I NEED MY ZOMBIE FIX!!!!!

But what does that have to do with Elenin?

edit on 16-10-2011 by mikemck1976 because: Stupid People

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
There might be something to this Elenin thing.

Opened a bag of cookies earlier today and couldn't find a whole piece as they had mostly been reduced to crumbs.

Oct the 16th will be known as the great cookie disaster in my home. waiting for the earthquakes to add misery to this culinary disaster.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I have learned that we have the power to do anything we want by the simplest fact of thinking about it, cause and effect. Some may argue about it and I am not here for that but it is what so far the passage of the comet brand to me. Life will never be the same from now folks

Thruthseek3r

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I might add to this that with time passing by, the more we we learn, the less we know. Also I have to say to all ATSers, and I did realize this today, the fact of us worrying about this comet/whatever it might be only makes us, humans, more vulnerable to negative influences and possibilities.

I understood that the fact something terrible, cataclysm or something else would be the result of our negative energies influencing the current space/time happening in the here now on earth. If we collectively think that everything that happens as an important meaning and we see positivity in everything, then and only then, we will get to the point we really need to reach as a specie.

Just my words, nonetheless, it is very inspiring times folks,

Thruthseek3r

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
There is no confirmed evidence of Elenin breaking up. If it did break up then there will still be a trail of debris, if that debris enters our atmosphere we will get a nice show. Also, didn't Harold Camping make a new prediction for the end of the world? Like Oct 27'th or something?

Be afraid, be very afraid.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

"apparently" lol. space.com is taking their information from the official sources more than likely, NASA, National Academy of Sciences etc.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by smarterthanyou

As far as I know NASA has made no statements regarding the condition of NASA. All of the reports of it having broken up come from independent astronomers, most of whom are amateurs. So, if you're trying to fish for a conspiracy it's not going to work as even the data that goes in to constructing the JPL's orbital diagram comes from mainly amateur astronomers.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thruthseek3r
I might add to this that with time passing by, the more we we learn, the less we know. Also I have to say to all ATSers, and I did realize this today, the fact of us worrying about this comet/whatever it might be only makes us, humans, more vulnerable to negative influences and possibilities.

I understood that the fact something terrible, cataclysm or something else would be the result of our negative energies influencing the current space/time happening in the here now on earth. If we collectively think that everything that happens as an important meaning and we see positivity in everything, then and only then, we will get to the point we really need to reach as a specie.

Just my words, nonetheless, it is very inspiring times folks,

Thruthseek3r

Indeed. The mass consciousness of the people decides which reality we will experience. If the people are sleeping and ignorant of what is going around, those in power can easily manipulate the mass consciousness and hence they (the elite) can choose the reality that we will experience. Now, the energy is changing and the people are awakening. The lies of the MSM are obvious now to the people whereas before everyone just believe what they hear from MSM. Their fear factor doesn't have that much effect on the people anymore .

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
no one forget...elenin was a scam

now i see people pumping elenin to mean 11-9

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Is there any chance the debris would be visible through a telescope?

I'm a bit of an astronomy buff and a chance to see any novel event I'm always up for.

I read somewhere, maybe here, maybe some article, that the debris may be visible around 3 a.m. (not sure what time zone) slightly above where Mars is in the sky. Mars doesn't come over my horizon until around 3 a.m. or so, but if there's even the most remote chance I could catch some of the debris through my telescope I would wait around to find out.

Anyone have any info?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Occupy Elenin!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
well then! i guess people are starting to realize how big astronomical units REALLY are..

nasa may not tell us 1000% of the details on everything going on outside our planet, but they live here too ya know..

its not like they are going to risk being hit by a comet..

thats just madness..

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

its not elenin that bothers me, its the big brute its being followed by, Nibiru, i dont mean to prattle but im pretty sure its out there, if its not and the earth is safe im happy, i can live a long happy life with my buetiful little family
it makes me depressed to think of the world ending so soon, especially when our daughter is not even 2 yrs old yet and my partner and i have only been to gether for a year and a half but have loved eachother for 4+ years :/ so much to make up for.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
If there is a comet hitting earth, NASA won't Nuke it in the Space??.... Do u really think they don't have that Tech...If Nasa isable to send Satellite to some Comets then why can't Nukes??

If something is going to happen then no one can do anything..Why are we searching for date when will we die?? If you Know when we Die.. we can't live peacefully..

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Imagine this might be found interesting.

Wheres My Doomsday? Remnants Of Comet Elenin Pass By Earth Without Incident

I always wonder how the people that believe these crazy things and vehemently attack those that try to reason with them feel when it all just silently blows over like people tried to tell them it would.
edit on 18-10-2011 by Dashdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dashdragon

They blame the government because they can't accept that they were wrong and that they just wasted a year of their life worrying about nothing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join