It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin is nearest to Earth today (Oct. 16) and tomorrow...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
In case people here have forgotten, today, Oct. 16 (and tomorrow) is the day when Elenin is nearest to Earth. Did anyone feel anything or have anyone seen Elenin? A lot of posters here scared themselves to death with some even stating that Nibiru is hiding behind Elenin. Now is the best time to view Elenin (and Nibiru) since Elenin is closest to us today. If nothing extraordinary happens today, I hope that people stop scaring themselves after this comet is long gone.

Path of Elenin
edit on 16-10-2011 by wavemaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Can we see this Elenin with the naked eye? If so, where should we look, and how does it appear from here? I think it's like millions of miles away even at its closest point, so I don't think anything 'Elenin-related' is gonna happen.

Unless it bangs into something else in our solar system, which then has repurcussions on Earth. indirect action.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

I bet the doomsayers will ignore this thread since nothing happened and then move on to a new doomsday scenario.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
All you'll be seeing if anything, is the Elenin skidmark it left after it began disintergrating after getting too close to the sun

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
yeah it'll be back to 2012 after this.
i should have bought the telecope i had my eye on.
i'd like to get a good look at this thing.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I thought it already disentigrated. Where is it going to be visible in the sky? It should be visible to the naked eye (and on the west coast) for this thread to be worthy of posting.
edit on 16-10-2011 by PunchingBag80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

Well I guess tonight I'm going to be looking outside to see if I can see Elenin. After hearing about Elenin so much over these last six months I feel like we are friends. Like a good friend I will say goodbye to Elenin, and watch her leave,

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Elenin is hard to see naked eye, it lost most of its mass when CME hit it and its lot fainter than predicted. It didn't go too near to Sun, but it had bad luck

Elenin should be near Mars in Cancer. Magnitude is 6,6 and distance 0.234 AU. You need dark spot to see it, its fainter than most of visible stars.

Heavens Above - Elenin

Elenin rises here at 3am so not watching it.
edit on 16-10-2011 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
yea shut up about it the small comet with the catchy name has come and gone and we are all still here, concentrate on o.w.s or ww3... dont worry about the global seismic activity there is no dwarf star its all a load of crap pay your carbon taxes and go back to sleep.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Elenin being this close must be whats causing this wicked headache I have, oh wait a sec maybe it was all the rye I drank last night??

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Erm...

Elenin is gone, it got to close to the sun about a month ago and it disintegrated...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Jesus H. Christ in a chicken basket! Another Elenin thread!

Give it up already! It's GONE! It is NO MORE! How many times has it passed us now!! I've lost count!
Deny Ignorance! Quit embracing it.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Who said elenin broke apart?
And the matter/energy of elenin is still out there. Would it not?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky

How big is that straw you're grasping?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie

Originally posted by AzureSky

How big is that straw you're grasping?

No, give me some documentation stating that it broke apart
I remember reading an article, but the pictures never quite matched up.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Tonight Deadman Walking Season 2 starts on cable... zombie apocalypse for those who need a fix.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I remember some news, that Elenin slowed down and will be closest at the beginning of November. Looks like noone really knows did it fell apart or when will it be closest or is it even exist

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I been dropping truthbombs on ATS today in honor of Leonard Enilson! Wait, what's his name again?

Also, what is the episode where Picard and Co. find a comet, which makes Data act all ritually-retro and goofy? Spirits channeled onto the boat from a nearby comet? That's a great episode of that show. Why did they kill Star Trek?

Damn you Paramount! You did well enough with the Titanic marketing to pay for a great Star Trek series. That whole "Enterprise" arc was forgettable, you could have stuck to the basic and simple G. Rod script but no, you have to write the show out of existence. Dunbasses.

Anyway that comet episode is interesting because the only way to save the boat, is when Picard and Co. figure out they have to go retro, and act like olden-tymes, and describe a simple ritual (where Picard plays one of the roles, using a mask) in order to live forward (to dis-able the comet's doom). So that comet, is designed to iterate itself unless it is appropriately communicated with, at which time it relents and reveals its secret knowledge. That episode could be called the "Comet as test" modality.

Star Trek was a great thing while the visionaries had it but now that the writers have killed it, I wonder if there is any hope for this next season of TV. But since I've killed my cable years ago, I guess the death of Star Trek timed nicely with the rise of the Internet. From a timeline perspective, Kirk and Spock can only come after the world is destroyed. But we have over 100 years before that is scheduled so we do have time to analyze the episodes, especially the good ones like that one episode.
edit on 16-10-2011 by smallpeeps because: diction and terms and words

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Don't worry, in a few days the Doom and Gloomer's will have found another way for us to die.

Admittedly, if the Earth was going to be eliminated, I would prefer it to be via some sort of spectacular and awe inspiring event. Rather than a gasping choking wheeze where we die one breath at a time.

M.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
[reply to post by AzureSky

Source

Comet Elenin started breaking up in August after being blasted by a huge solar storm, and a close pass by the sun on Sept. 10 apparently finished it off, astronomers say. So what will cruise within 22 million miles (35.4 million kilometers) of our planet Sunday is likely to be a stream of debris rather than a completely intact comet.

Although I don't really know whats stopping you from Googling it yourself lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join